• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

It was poor from foyth for the first goal, but then for an attacker to run 25 yards and shoot without anyone getting within 5 yards of him smacks of much bigger problems imv.
It does. Lack of midfield. As much as he's not rated by many I would still have Dier in front of our back 3 or 4 just to add a bit of muscle and protection. We're far too open to attack when moves break down or when we just give the ball away.

Our "defenders", clue is in the name, need to do just that.
Relying on midfielders to continually give back up causes problems elsewhere.

Toby left a huge gap and didn’t force the issue or error. It’s modern day defending and it’s IMO a daft way of playing. VVD doesn’t do that, he makes the attacker make a deciding that he want them too but pushing them with his movement
I agree with you. Always close down the player with the ball. All I'm saying in this instance is he basically had 3 players to deal with and had little choice by the time the scorer got his shot away. Poor stuff all round yet again, we just keep gifting goals.

if you mean Toby regarding their first goal I can understand why he 'jockied' as they had 2 to pass to on his right. Crap from Foyth to start with and Gazza should have done better with the shot.
Agreed….. Seeing as Alderweireld was effectively covering a shot to Gazzaniga's left post, the keeper should've shifted across to his right which would've gave him a decent chance of making the save.

It was poor from foyth for the first goal, but then for an attacker to run 25 yards and shoot without anyone getting within 5 yards of him smacks of much bigger problems imv.
When one of your centre halves loses possession in such a ridiculous way it is very likely that the opposition will be able to run to our penalty area unchallenged. If Foyth didn't have such poor decision making then that goal wouldn't have happened, no excuses at all should be made for him. If a player loses the ball in that position then it is probably at least a 50% chance that the opposition will score.

Our problem is currently horses for courses. Against the lesser teams, JM's gamble of playing four forwards has largely worked. Against better teams, it has left us woefully exposed in midfield. He needs to find the balance.
We just drew against the bottom team...

Toby left a huge gap and didn’t force the issue or error. It’s modern day defending and it’s IMO a daft way of playing. VVD doesn’t do that, he makes the attacker make a deciding that he want them too but pushing them with his movement

This for me as well, Toby left him to have a clear run at the centre of the goal and it was a big mistake by Toby.

When one of your centre halves loses possession in such a ridiculous way it is very likely that the opposition will be able to run to our penalty area unchallenged. If Foyth didn't have such poor decision making then that goal wouldn't have happened, no excuses at all should be made for him. If a player loses the ball in that position then it is probably at least a 50% chance that the opposition will score.

Players lose the ball in that position all the time and it most definitely does not lead to a goal at least 50% of the time.
If did we wouldn't have won a game this season.

Players lose the ball in that position all the time and it most definitely does not lead to a goal at least 50% of the time.
If did we wouldn't have won a game this season.
I'm not sure the shot is even a 50% chance of a goal from there so I agree with you.

People are praising Ndombele, but him losing the ball (helped by Eriksen) ended up with a chance that was more or less as dangerous iirc.

These things happen, we need to play with some risk at the back. That's not to say Foyth doesn't have to improve to be in the team, his risk taking is definitely over the top.

Amazes me that pretty much everyone is pointing fingers at players, but few have done so at Mourinho. His starting 11 v Norwich was a huge gamble and looked very open. He hasnt shown much evidence of making us more solid and, regardless of what people might say, we do still have a load of internationals in the squad

Amazes me that pretty much everyone is pointing fingers at players, but few have done so at Mourinho. His starting 11 v Norwich was a huge gamble and looked very open. He hasnt shown much evidence of making us more solid and, regardless of what people might say, we do still have a load of internationals in the squad
He didn't have a lot of options given injuries, suspensions and the two games coming that quickly.

We're far from the finished product, but we're improving. For now I'm happy with the improvements given where we were when he took over.

People are pointing the finger at individual players given that we're conceding goals and dropping points because of individual errors at a scary rate. And because we don't have players in the squad that look like they could replace the current regular starters and improve on that.

Getting out of the complete and utter rut we were in was always going to take some time. Transitioning to a new manager just about always takes time. For now that keeps Mourinho fairly shielded from fingers being pointed. If we're still at this level in a year it will be very different.

For all that, Norwich didn't create much and both of their goals came from errors.

He can only work with what he has. All of his games have featured a reserve keeper who is making a lot of mistakes, a right back who is even more error prone, an unbalanced midfield and our only left back suited to his style of play was injured in his first game.

He didn't have a lot of options given injuries, suspensions and the two games coming that quickly.

We're far from the finished product, but we're improving. For now I'm happy with the improvements given where we were when he took over.

People are pointing the finger at individual players given that we're conceding goals and dropping points because of individual errors at a scary rate. And because we don't have players in the squad that look like they could replace the current regular starters and improve on that.

Getting out of the complete and utter rut we were in was always going to take some time. Transitioning to a new manager just about always takes time. For now that keeps Mourinho fairly shielded from fingers being pointed. If we're still at this level in a year it will be very different.
The problems are clearly deeper than the manager alone. What is clear is that they will not be fixed by Mourinho unless he can bring in some different personnel in key areas and get Ndombele playing regularly. Nothing to do per se with being a new manager.

This for me as well, Toby left him to have a clear run at the centre of the goal and it was a big mistake by Toby.
I'd agree with this. Trying to bide for time and cut out the angle for a pass is good defending to a point, but he went past that point. The immediate danger is the guy about to shoot and Toby should have moved to close the shot down and take a risk on the pass. Foyth made a mistake but so did Toby IMO.

I'd agree with this. Trying to bide for time and cut out the angle for a pass is good defending to a point, but he went past that point. The immediate danger is the guy about to shoot and Toby should have moved to close the shot down and take a risk on the pass. Foyth made a mistake but so did Toby IMO.

tickle my balls with a feather, Toby"s mistake was one you may see from a young player but one with his experience you would expect better.

Back