• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

How we are 6th in the table at the end of 2019 is a miracle with the way the players have performed in this calendar year. JM has been gambling with his team selections - and lost those gambles against Chelsea and United. We really should have beaten Norwich on the second half display . However, his team selection in all those three games was potentially suicidal and so it proved. But without a decent right back or DM in the squad, he is having to try to overcome those glaring weaknesses. The suspensions of Son, Winks and Sissoko against Norwich didn't help either.

However, his team selection in all those three games was potentially suicidal and so it proved.
Any idea why Mourinho has gone for such risky formations? Really unbalanced, attack at all costs teams, which means we leak goals and have to chase the game. It isn't dull but it's daft.

However, his team selection in all those three games was potentially suicidal and so it proved.
Any idea why Mourinho has gone for such risky formations? Really unbalanced, attack at all costs teams, which means we leak goals and have to chase the game. It isn't dull but it's daft.

maybe trying to test the team out to see what needs work or replacing

maybe trying to test the team out to see what needs work or replacing

Let's hope so. It will be interesting to see what novel approach he tries against Soton. It wouldn't surprise me if he went with a really youthful side given many of our older lags have just played two quick games. It really is a shame Son is still suspended as that severely limits our attacking options and Kane and Dele could really do with a rest.

He came in did sensible things. Played a defensive midfielder next to someone who could pass the ball. And it worked.

Now he's into Sherwood/late Poch territory. No plan. Just throwing players on out of position. Two wingers as full backs. Back two with no protection with a number 10 and a right wingers playing in central midfield.

Completely unable to hold on the ball. Players with no idea where they are supposed to be playing in new roles. Players with no idea where their teammates are gonna be because they don't play there from one game to the next.

He came in did sensible things. Played a defensive midfielder next to someone who could pass the ball. And it worked.

Now he's into Sherwood/late Poch territory. No plan. Just throwing players on out of position. Two wingers as full backs. Back two with no protection with a number 10 and a right wingers playing in central midfield.

Completely unable to hold on the ball. Players with no idea where they are supposed to be playing in new roles. Players with no idea where their teammates are gonna be because they don't play there from one game to the next.

huh?

"Two wingers as full backs" - Aurier is a full-back, albeit a crap one

"Back two with no protection" - Sissoko is a work-horse

"a right wingers playing in central midfield" - who?

It was crap mind you - no sense of a plan of how we're trying to play, and zero fight or leadership or desire from 1 to 11

I’m not saying any of this is actually Jose’s fault, but it does just make me think Poch didn’t need to go. The man called out the pain that would be coming if we didn’t tackle it and here we are. Jose has been brought in to give us the boost over the short term so we don’t waste this season, this is how he accepted this job and if we doesn’t make it happen he’s failed unfortunately.

I think Kane and Dele are too slow to try and play the counter attacking game that we seem to be favouring. I guess Son being out plays a part in the lack of pace.
This .... Liverpool and Leicester do it. But they have pace up top and rapid full backs. Apart from Son we’ve none up there.

I’m not saying any of this is actually Jose’s fault, but it does just make me think Poch didn’t need to go. The man called out the pain that would be coming if we didn’t tackle it and here we are. Jose has been bought in to give us the boost over the short term so we don’t waste this season, this is how he accepted this job and if we doesn’t make it happen he’s failed unfortunately.

I dont know. Poch's attitude gave the impression that he'd given up - hardly the sort of leadership which you need in tough times

huh?

"Two wingers as full backs" - Aurier is a full-back, albeit a crap one

"Back two with no protection" - Sissoko is a work-horse

"a right wingers playing in central midfield" - who?

It was crap mind you - no sense of a plan of how we're trying to play, and zero fight or leadership or desire from 1 to 11

These are the positions Mourinho played them when he first came in. He said he didn't see Sissoko as a central midfielder and played him on the right of the 3. He played Aurier as winger matching Son in the other side.

I’m not saying any of this is actually Jose’s fault, but it does just make me think Poch didn’t need to go. The man called out the pain that would be coming if we didn’t tackle it and here we are. Jose has been bought in to give us the boost over the short term so we don’t waste this season, this is how he accepted this job and if we doesn’t make it happen he’s failed unfortunately.

Mopo wanted to go, it was pretty clear.

I still trust in Jose. This lot haven't looked like a Jose team and until they do, I'm finding it hard to judge him. For sure, results have been below what I expected from him but judging anyone in a role after 6 weeks is madness. I know he's seen as a short term manager but he needs some time and a couple of windows. He still has my backing 100%.

And I've no issue with his post match comments. It's not the sort of behaviour I like seeing but if we thought we'd ever get anything other than these sort of theatrics from Jose, we were kidding ourselves. This is Jose, it's what he does.

Back