• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

I still blub over Poch sometimes. But I have to say this - we need this sort of tactical approach right now.

Our xG basically cratered between late 2017 and late 2019 - we outran it for a little while, but essentially, we were getting lucky, game after game, and finishing 4th and getting to the CL final was basically a miracle.

We're not the side that could swat aside all comers in 2016/2017 - this is essentially the start of a new cycle, like Sherwood's time in charge in 2013/2014, when we were clawing our way through games and collapsing at the slightest bit of pressure.

I've accepted that. And the thing is, I don't think this team has the legs, motivation or mental strength for a front-foot, high-energy approach right now - if we were to try it, we'd go back to being tonked like we were before the break, when half the team would randomly press, the others would jog behind, and enormous gaps would open up all across the field because of that approach.

Right now, this is the only approach that allows a weary team to slowly build its resilience back up. I'm convinced of that - and, honestly, some of the counter-attacking that we've been trying to pull off has been thrilling in its own right.
Spot on

I’m not sure we need that much funding
Still think there are qplayers out there who can add to the squad that will make a big difference
Sort out a new RB and an alternative striker and that’s a big improvement
Then add from there
RB = £35m
ST =??

we will see.

RB = £35m
ST =??

we will see.
All depends who we want
The Russian lad available on a free could be viable Dzyuba and also the lad from Turkey Muriqi For £20m
I think we will have around £50m to spend plus sales which actually could double it with the right sales
But of course I’m speculating and guessing there
For me we have 2 massive massive weaknesses that hurt is constantly, right back and an alternative to Kane
Everything else is a bonus
You can see with United that adding one player that’s a big enough upgrade in what you have makes a huge difference and as I said earlier, if we had Lo Celso instead of Lamela playing “10” yesterday We would have won IMO

I'm trying to figure out if you're saying showing a bit of reasoned support for our manager is "finishing this board". I've toned down my response from the Mcgregor gif of "who the fook is that guy" to perhaps suggesting that you wind your neck in a tad. I totally get people who aren't in favour of the move but seems like some are so desperate for things to go wrong.

To me, it speaks volumes about our current mess of a squad that Jose has suffered his worst managerial run of his career shortly after joining us but appreciate that some consider that is because football has perhaps passed him by. I can understand points that lead to that belief but feel that flimflam should be called once people get to the stupidity levels of accusing him of having a small club meteorology, hope that seems reasonable enough!
When people wanted Poch out and him in it was apparently because we had a top 4 squad and it just needed a good manager.

All depends who we want
The Russian lad available on a free could be viable Dzyuba and also the lad from Turkey Muriqi For £20m
I think we will have around £50m to spend plus sales which actually could double it with the right sales
But of course I’m speculating and guessing there
For me we have 2 massive massive weaknesses that hurt is constantly, right back and an alternative to Kane
Everything else is a bonus
You can see with United that adding one player that’s a big enough upgrade in what you have makes a huge difference and as I said earlier, if we had Lo Celso instead of Lamela playing “10” yesterday We would have won IMO
I think you’re dreaming if you think we’ve got £50m to spend.

Biggest weakness remains central defensive midfield where we have to play two makeshift players Instead of one decent one.

When people wanted Poch out and him in it was apparently because we had a top 4 squad and it just needed a good manager.

I'm sorry bud that's such a yawn comment. Don't think I've seen anyone bigging up this current clusterfudge to a top four level (this season) on here, nevermind them using it as an anti Poch but pro other manager coming in; trying to put it on as a blanket opinion by people who don't share your opinion isn't a good look.

I'm sorry bud that's such a yawn comment. Don't think I've seen anyone bigging up this current clusterfudge to a top four level (this season) on here, nevermind them using it as an anti Poch but pro other manager coming in; trying to put it on as a blanket opinion by people who don't share your opinion isn't a good look.
Go back and look at posts of those that wanted Mourinho in this season while Poch was still manager..

Hmmm I’m not sure that’s true. Pretty sure most wanted out because was clear he’d lost the dressing room. Everyone recognised the squad needed fixing but at the same time the squad wasn’t that poor that we should be a couple of points outside the relegation zone and getting spanked by Brighton....

Go back and look at posts of those that wanted Mourinho in this season while Poch was still manager..

I'm okay thanks, just keep on making wild statements and attribute them to the perceived masses. It must release some endorphins getting to feel like you were right and everybody else was wrong.

I'm okay thanks, just keep on making wild statements and attribute them to the perceived masses. It must release some endorphins getting to feel like you were right and everybody else was wrong.
I dont think i was right or everybody was wrong and I'd love nothing more than Mourinho winning umpteen trophies at Spurs.

I just think I can remember most of those who wanted Poch out and Mourinho in (and i don't think there were that many of those in total) wanted that because we apparently had the 3rd or 4th best squad in the league and just needed a better manager. Maybe that wasn't the case and I've remembered wrongly.... I certainly remember Scara and Nayim being of that opinion though.

I think we were massively underachieving in the last year under MP.

Since Jose has taken over, Lloris has made fewer mistakes, likewise Toby and Aurier, Winks has got better, Alli has got better, Dier has got half way back to his best, Sanchez looks more like the player he was when we signed him.

Also, the two new signings we’ve made under Jose have had an instant impact, Bergwijn has been particularly impressive.

I dont think i was right or everybody was wrong and I'd love nothing more than Mourinho winning umpteen trophies at Spurs.

I just think I can remember most of those who wanted Poch out and Mourinho in (and i don't think there were that many of those in total) wanted that because we apparently had the 3rd or 4th best squad in the league and just needed a better manager. Maybe that wasn't the case and I've remembered wrongly.... I certainly remember Scara and Nayim being of that opinion though.

Your opinion is totally fair enough but although I get why people do it I'm not in to the grouping of certain opinions and insinuating that something was a collected view. My bad if I've misread the insinuation but I'd hope we are all able of forming our own viewpoints and internal bias can make it seem like everyone thought a certain way. I see it occasionally and sometimes I suppose it's nothing more than a smattering of hyperbole but it's the "Everyone said we should sign him apart from me and look how it turned out" (not saying this was what you did exactly) thing that tires me a bit.

If you're going to pick example posters of a certain, Scara and Nayim are two extremes (offence to those guys) when it comes to a lot of things! Personally I don't recall wanting Poch out in a verbal way on here but was just dismayed how we were shaping up coming in to the season as I couldn't see how anyone could consider what happened an improvement. For some on here it's going to be a real rough and toxic ride but from what I've read on here I think that certain posters have made their minds up and are just desperate to be proved right and as such can't see the wood through the trees. At the highest level games are decided by such fine margins and we have too many that will have that fatal drop in concentration to make it work...

Porto also a domestic giant, have won 33% of league championships contested, of the clubs he managed the only more successful one by that metric is Madrid.

He had a season at UD Leiria, but other than that, the smallest club he’s managed is Chelsea.

The playing staff may not have changed much under poch in his last 18 months but certain players checked out.
We all hoped Lo celso and Ndombele coming in would help change the dynamic of the squad enough to re engerise everyone but alas not.
Jose coming in did, although at the moment it's looking like a very brief uplift
Not all to do with Jose of course, but there are circumstances outwith every managers control.
Lets try and remember poch, mousa, Eriksen and walker with fondness and look forward with hope to what Jose can achieve.
This tottenham, we don't do the easy road.

The playing staff may not have changed much under poch in his last 18 months but certain players checked out.
We all hoped Lo celso and Ndombele coming in would help change the dynamic of the squad enough to re engerise everyone but alas not.
Jose coming in did, although at the moment it's looking like a very brief uplift
Not all to do with Jose of course, but there are circumstances outwith every managers control.
Lets try and remember poch, mousa, Eriksen and walker with fondness and look forward with hope to what Jose can achieve.
This tottenham, we don't do the easy road.

I think 5 years will have to pass before memories of the Poch era are what they should be, fond memories.

A lot of people will say we never won anything but i will remember amazing football and going undefeated at home in our last season. Of course that night against Ajax.

Back