• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

That, for the record, is where it falls apart for me. He spent two years asking for steady changes and he spent his last full season playing home matches across three stadiums during huge injury crisis yet we still got to the CL Final somehow. IMO we over-achieved and failed to fully understand that.
What do you put the blame on for the start of this season?

What do you put the blame on for the start of this season?

A variety of things TBH.

I refused to recognize the impasse which had been reached, so I think supporters like myself were in hindsight unhelpful. I will always believe that having gone into the season with him we should've finished it. We gambled; the net result appears to be the same.

I think both Levy and Poch should've agreed to part ways in the summer if neither could work together.

Ultimately, I feel the whole thing was mismanaged from June 2nd on. Why did it take the best part of a month for the two to speak? They should've been figuring it out by mid June latest.

So this is mismanagement from Levy. He has previous. Does he actually get scared at the last and try to give last chances when it is already broken? Jol? Ramos? Poch? All started seasons where you might argue they didn't have the full backing of the chairman as they wanted?

I will always believe Poch should've been given one more cycle.

That, for the record, is where it falls apart for me. He spent two years asking for steady changes and he spent his last full season playing home matches across three stadiums during huge injury crisis yet we still got to the CL Final somehow. IMO we over-achieved and failed to fully understand that.

The CL run was at odds with our degrading performances in the league. I don't think the injury crisis was any worse than Jose has had to deal with and the stadium thing is a red herring imo, correctly prepared players are not affected by such trivialities.

We signed a fair few players in his last two years, that we didn't get the level of performance from them that we had become used to is a knock against those players and the coaching staff.

A variety of things TBH.

I refused to recognize the impasse which had been reached, so I think supporters like myself were in hindsight unhelpful. I will always believe that having gone into the season with him we should've finished it. We gambled; the net result appears to be the same.

I think both Levy and Poch should've agreed to part ways in the summer if neither could work together.

Ultimately, I feel the whole thing was mismanaged from June 2nd on. Why did it take the best part of a month for the two to speak? They should've been figuring it out by mid June latest.
All fair
I also think time was the biggest hinderance
The timing of everything at spurs never works out
Poch gets the players so good they all go off to a World Cup and we literally provide 25% of the semi finalists for example so their back late
Another season it was the UEFA cup thing for internationals
Then it’s something else....
One thing is for sure without Poch we couldn’t have got Jose
Poch was given time as he inherited a few bad apples
We have to give Jose some time at least before people judge him

Poch was punching above our weight and all you say is correct. Steering the good ship Spurs through the stadium move, making the CL year on year to make all that possible, almost mad a rod for his own back.

Poch was punching above our weight and all you say is correct. Steering the good ship Spurs through the stadium move, making the CL year on year to make all that possible, almost mad a rod for his own back.
He made a massive rod for his back
Everything he did changed expectations
That’s hard when you get the club, get the fans, pull it all together but can’t quite get it over the line
I think he possibly got too close to some players and then tried to distance himself as he got more experienced (just an opinion)
He also knew what type of player he wanted but didn’t know exactly how to spot a player with the scope he needed to mould (our success record isn’t as bad as some thing but some clubs have done it better in the last few years).
What didn’t help him was when a player wasn’t right they were quickly binned by him and it made it harder to get rid of them as he effectively devalued them
And the injuries so many kicked up cannot do helps any plans he had - same for Mou. He sells trippier to play Foyth RB and he gets injured before playing there. We sign Lo Celso and he gets injured playing before joining as another example.
Jose need time, and he also needs to be able to bring in whoever he wants that we can
If it’s fraser, Holdberg, a right back and a back up striker then so be it.
I do think we will get those players two (the RB from West Ham has been strongly linked and would be a good back up in Europa)
Jose will also sell players he doesn’t want and alienate them better than what Poch did so that’s Rose gone for example and I hope... KWP, Aurier and Lamela. Who is left will feel loved and wanted and know where they stand (like they did under Poch when he started).
Tanganga will take Verts place in the squad so that’s a good opportunity for him
We have to see what we can revive from this season which I think will be a Europa place
Then we go again

I realized during the Leicester year that we were hurtling ahead of where we logically should've been. For me, the biggest regret other than the CL Final was not winning the title that final season at the Lane when we were fudging beautiful, and not being able to stay one more season as I think we'd have done it.

He made a massive rod for his back
Everything he did changed expectations
That’s hard when you get the club, get the fans, pull it all together but can’t quite get it over the line
I think he possibly got too close to some players and then tried to distance himself as he got more experienced (just an opinion)
He also knew what type of player he wanted but didn’t know exactly how to spot a player with the scope he needed to mould (our success record isn’t as bad as some thing but some clubs have done it better in the last few years).
What didn’t help him was when a player wasn’t right they were quickly binned by him and it made it harder to get rid of them as he effectively devalued them
And the injuries so many kicked up cannot do helps any plans he had - same for Mou. He sells trippier to play Foyth RB and he gets injured before playing there. We sign Lo Celso and he gets injured playing before joining as another example.
Jose need time, and he also needs to be able to bring in whoever he wants that we can
If it’s fraser, Holdberg, a right back and a back up striker then so be it.
I do think we will get those players two (the RB from West Ham has been strongly linked and would be a good back up in Europa)
Jose will also sell players he doesn’t want and alienate them better than what Poch did so that’s Rose gone for example and I hope... KWP, Aurier and Lamela. Who is left will feel loved and wanted and know where they stand (like they did under Poch when he started).
Tanganga will take Verts place in the squad so that’s a good opportunity for him
We have to see what we can revive from this season which I think will be a Europa place
Then we go again

Whilst I don't agree with everything, I have to say that is a really fair and well-written overview mate.

Back