• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

The idea that we sell Kane at the moment when no clubs have have any money and his form isn't the best is ridiculous.

Then the idea that we could miracle a decent striker signing out of nowhere , with no wages available, no real scouting department, no champion's league football and Levy leaving it to the last day, is implausible.
They would be poached as soon as we were linked to them. This isnt last summer. Players don't want to come here anymore.

And it's been a full 14 years since we bought a quality striker that worked out. Berbatov.
In-between it was Mido, Bent, Pav, Frazier Campbell, Keane (brief return), Defoe (returned with 8 PL goals a season), Crouch, Ade, Saha, Soldado, Janssen, LLorente.
Even if we had £300m to spend on strikers next summer we aren't gonna bring in anyone anywhere near Kane's level. It will just be another transfer window "won" and a load of hype of a striker that doesn't do it.
We are totally and utterly brick at buying strikers, it's actually quite remarkable how consistently bad we have been. If it wasn't for Kane coming through the youth system we would probably still be struggling with a >10 goal a season forward.

Reactions: DTA
We are totally and utterly brick at buying strikers, it's actually quite remarkable how consistently bad we have been. If it wasn't for Kane coming through the youth system we would probably still be struggling with a >10 goal a season forward.
Can you give me an example do someone who is good at buying strikers?
I mean there are some known quantities that have been brought like Aubemenyang...
Then there are eps I’ve failures like Morata, solanke and carroll

There were signs last night that we are doing the right things, once (if, when) we get a full FIT squad ready we should improve. Sadly there are still some fans who hate Jose and what he stands for, never wanted him here and will never sway from that.

It is like the Redknapp era all over again.

It is like the Redknapp era all over again.

I'm not sure about that. Harry at least played attractive football. Jose's problem, assuming the quality of the football and tactics remain as dull as they are today, is that if he has to succeed. Playing dull football which alienates the fans will be the end of him if we're lingering in 7th/8th in December this year. If he plays dull football, then he needs to be in/around the top 4

I'm not sure about that. Harry at least played attractive football. Jose's problem, assuming the quality of the football and tactics remain as dull as they are today, is that if he has to succeed. Playing dull football which alienates the fans will be the end of him if we're lingering in 7th/8th in December this year. If he plays dull football, then he needs to be in/around the top 4

I meant in as far as some fans being against him from the off.

No. He won't be around in 18 months. Nobody wants to buy into his style or the clam that he is. Perhaps the five of you should start a little snap chat group before you finish this board completely.

No. He won't be around in 18 months. Nobody wants to buy into his style or the clam that he is. Perhaps the five of you should start a little snap chat group before you finish this board completely.

I'm trying to figure out if you're saying showing a bit of reasoned support for our manager is "finishing this board". I've toned down my response from the Mcgregor gif of "who the fook is that guy" to perhaps suggesting that you wind your neck in a tad. I totally get people who aren't in favour of the move but seems like some are so desperate for things to go wrong.

To me, it speaks volumes about our current mess of a squad that Jose has suffered his worst managerial run of his career shortly after joining us but appreciate that some consider that is because football has perhaps passed him by. I can understand points that lead to that belief but feel that flimflam should be called once people get to the stupidity levels of accusing him of having a small club mentality, hope that seems reasonable enough!

I'm trying to figure out if you're saying showing a bit of reasoned support for our manager is "finishing this board". I've toned down my response from the Mcgregor gif of "who the fook is that guy" to perhaps suggesting that you wind your neck in a tad. I totally get people who aren't in favour of the move but seems like some are so desperate for things to go wrong.

To me, it speaks volumes about our current mess of a squad that Jose has suffered his worst managerial run of his career shortly after joining us but appreciate that some consider that is because football has perhaps passed him by. I can understand points that lead to that belief but feel that flimflam should be called once people get to the stupidity levels of accusing him of having a small club meteorology, hope that seems reasonable enough!
If football has passed him by the time he last won his trophies at United then it would at least explain why 2020 and been an odd year
I think it’s complete gonad*s myself and still shows the short term nature of the modern game and why the game is IMO imploding

Last edited:
But then he is also a much bette coach and tactician than anyone gives him credit for

Jose is/was a master tactician especially when up against ’a form’ side as he nearly did last night!
I admire it from a purist footballing point of view e.g. his success with Inter.
I'll happily live with Jose more ’pragmatic’ style to get some silverware. No problem!
I'm not sure we can fund him at the required rate to achieve this?

Jose is/was a master tactician especially when up against ’a form’ side as he nearly did last night!
I admire it from a purist footballing point of view e.g. his success with Inter.
I'll happily live with Jose more ’pragmatic’ style to get some silverware. No problem!
I'm not sure we can fund him at the required rate to achieve this?
I’m not sure we need that much funding
Still think there are qplayers out there who can add to the squad that will make a big difference
Sort out a new RB and an alternative striker and that’s a big improvement
Then add from there

Back