• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

We looked better defensively. United were better at winning balls, but it's an improvement on where we were 3 months ago. It was never going to be an attacking masterclass.

Massive improvement on 3 months ago.

Big if, but if we can get him happy with level 2 type signings and if he can settle down for a few years we will be fine.

I still blub over Poch sometimes. But I have to say this - we need this sort of tactical approach right now.

Our xG basically cratered between late 2017 and late 2019 - we outran it for a little while, but essentially, we were getting lucky, game after game, and finishing 4th and getting to the CL final was basically a miracle.

We're not the side that could swat aside all comers in 2016/2017 - this is essentially the start of a new cycle, like Sherwood's time in charge in 2013/2014, when we were clawing our way through games and collapsing at the slightest bit of pressure.

I've accepted that. And the thing is, I don't think this team has the legs, motivation or mental strength for a front-foot, high-energy approach right now - if we were to try it, we'd go back to being tonked like we were before the break, when half the team would randomly press, the others would jog behind, and enormous gaps would open up all across the field because of that approach.

Right now, this is the only approach that allows a weary team to slowly build its resilience back up. I'm convinced of that - and, honestly, some of the counter-attacking that we've been trying to pull off has been thrilling in its own right.

I still blub over Poch sometimes. But I have to say this - we need this sort of tactical approach right now.

Our xG basically cratered between late 2017 and late 2019 - we outran it for a little while, but essentially, we were getting lucky, game after game, and finishing 4th and getting to the CL final was basically a miracle.

We're not the side that could swat aside all comers in 2016/2017 - this is essentially the start of a new cycle, like Sherwood's time in charge in 2013/2014, when we were clawing our way through games and collapsing at the slightest bit of pressure.

I've accepted that. And the thing is, I don't think this team has the legs, motivation or mental strength for a front-foot, high-energy approach right now - if we were to try it, we'd go back to being tonked like we were before the break, when half the team would randomly press, the others would jog behind, and enormous gaps would open up all across the field because of that approach.

Right now, this is the only approach that allows a weary team to slowly build its resilience back up. I'm convinced of that - and, honestly, some of the counter-attacking that we've been trying to pull off has been thrilling in its own right.

Bearing in mind this is the start of a new cycle would you be prepared to sacrifice a big name for a cash injection?

A lot seem to baulk at kane going. But Dele and Son would both get a bit of money in.

Bearing in mind this is the start of a new cycle would you be prepared to sacrifice a big name for a cash injection?

A lot seem to baulk at kane going. But Dele and Son would both get a bit of money in.

I would do it, yeah. Maybe not Son, because his utility in this new system is still immense - but Dele, Toby? If we can get some money in for a couple of signings Mourinho wants, by all means.

I think Mourinho's fond of Dele, though. And that sets up a conundrum - do we actually have any big players who can fetch a bit of money if sold?

I would do it, yeah. Maybe not Son, because his utility in this new system is still immense - but Dele, Toby? If we can get some money in for a couple of signings Mourinho wants, by all means.

I think Mourinho's fond of Dele, though. And that sets up a conundrum - do we actually have any big players who can fetch a bit of money if sold?

Kane son and dele are the only ones i can think of who would attract money.

Might be a long shot but if we let it be known winks was available then city might go for it to up their home grown numbers.

Controversial on my part but i would sell kane. The injuries every year combined with a big transfer fee.

Could probably get haaland in, telling him he was main man plus enough for another signing.

that’s who I was thinking

I don’t think we’d get Haaland, but I don’t think we need a classic CF anyway*, I think we could have a very effective counter attacking team utilising the pace of Son and/or Bergwijn with Alli as a false 9

*also not saying Haaland is solely gonna be that at this stage of his career

that’s who I was thinking

I don’t think we’d get Haaland, but I don’t think we need a classic CF anyway, I think we could have a very effective counter attacking team utilising the pace of Son and/or Bergwijn with Alli as a false 9
But you would be losing 30 goals a season with Kane

Reactions: DTA
I think we’ve lost that already, I think he’s worth more on paper than on the pitch, his value is only decreasing from here imo
Maybe
I think people are over reacting
He looked IMO no less involved than Rashford or Martial and they played the side with most of the ball
He needs games and he needs the right quality around him
Tuesday he will Have dele and possibly Lo Celso playing
That IMO gives it a different dynamic which should suit Kane
But as I said, he needs games to get sharp

We couldn’t buy a better CF than Kane not matter how much $ we had.

The idea that we sell Kane at the moment when no clubs have have any money and his form isn't the best is ridiculous.

Then the idea that we could miracle a decent striker signing out of nowhere , with no wages available, no real scouting department, no champion's league football and Levy leaving it to the last day, is implausible.
They would be poached as soon as we were linked to them. This isnt last summer. Players don't want to come here anymore.

And it's been a full 14 years since we bought a quality striker that worked out. Berbatov.
In-between it was Mido, Bent, Pav, Frazier Campbell, Keane (brief return), Defoe (returned with 8 PL goals a season), Crouch, Ade, Saha, Soldado, Janssen, LLorente.
Even if we had £300m to spend on strikers next summer we aren't gonna bring in anyone anywhere near Kane's level. It will just be another transfer window "won" and a load of hype of a striker that doesn't do it.

You may be right about the opportunity to sell Kane.

But I think we already have made a miracle forward signing out of nowhere in Bergwijn, he waltzed through a 200m defence earlier like it was made of David Luiz.

Back