• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jobs for teens

Leave him alone Crawley. He's obviously too good for this forum. We should be honored to have someone so smart and hard working amongst us.

Sorry COYS I'll put my serious face on for a moment. If you want to get somewhere in life, being smart and/or hard working won't cut it. There are plenty of janitors who can sweep the brick out of a floor like you wouldn't believe, but at the end of the day, they're just sweeping the floor.

The education system is flawed because it can't reflect real life. In the real world you don't have a teacher guiding you, you don't have a text book, your problems aren't presented to you in an easy to understand manner and your good work won't necessarily be rewarded.

A couple lessons for success to ponder while we're all being patronizing:

- you need to get out of your comfort zone. Those who achieve are normally those who do the things others can't be bothered doing

- you have to do things for a greater purpose than the rewards, as often you won't get the desired positive outcome despite your best efforts.

- every now and again you'll have to eat a brick sandwich.

I read a story the other day about an intern who refused to do a coffee run because the task was not befitting his university education. If he worked for me, he'd be out on his ear. There's times I've done plenty of grunt work (filing, copying, etc) so jobs can just get done.

At your age, no one owes you anything. You have much more to gain by swallowing your pride and just getting any job rather than refusing certain jobs as you think they are beneath you.

I don't think I'm being provocative in the slightest. I'm just giving you guys some perspective from the angles you haven't seen from in years. I think it would be boring if everyone on here agreed with each other, had the same opinions on everything and had similar backgrounds.

Back