• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joao Moutinho

A portugese website says that we are back in for Moutinho

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/pri...3/05/17/moutinho_vai_jogar_no_tottenham_.html

Google translation:

Moutinho will play next season at Tottenham

Portuguese international will again meet André Villas-Boas in London next season.

FC Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho, Tottenham will play on next season, found the SAPO Sports from a source close to the process.

Tottenham followed the number 8 dragons from last season, but the prohibition of the transfer of players with sports rights shared with investment funds for the Premiership ultimately left the interest of Londoners on João Moutinho.

However, in January 2013, FC Porto would readequir the entire João Moutinho pass before the end of the closing of the winter market, for $ 3.3 million, and Tottenham came into contact with the club FC Porto to bring the Portuguese midfielder, revealed the SAPO Sports a source who declined to be identified.

With the championship approaching the end, and with the growing interest of several European clubs in Moutinho, including Monaco, will be very difficult for Porto ensure continuity of the Portuguese international Dragon next season. Tottenham also seeks to ensure a spot in the Champions League and the sale of Gareth Bale is likely to be decisive for the purchase of the pass of the 26-year.

Since the clause of João Moutinho is valued at 40 million euros, and there are few clubs with purchasing power to acquire the Portuguese midfielder's pass due to the new rules of fair play budget UEFA, the Portuguese midfielder will play in London where the London club ensures clearance for the qualifying round of the Champions League.

Tottenham's official source declined to comment on the transfer of Moutinho to London and reminded that the club has yet to achieve important goals this season.

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/pri...3/05/17/moutinho_vai_jogar_no_tottenham_.html

Google translation:

Portuguese international will again meet André Villas-Boas in London next season.

FC Porto midfielder Joao Moutinho, Tottenham will play on next season, found the SAPO Sports from a source close to the process.

Tottenham followed the number 8 dragons from last season, but the prohibition of the transfer of players with sports rights shared with investment funds for the Premiership ultimately left the interest of Londoners on João Moutinho.

However, in January 2013, FC Porto would readequir the entire João Moutinho pass before the end of the closing of the winter market, for $ 3.3 million, and Tottenham came into contact with the club FC Porto to bring the Portuguese midfielder, revealed the SAPO Sports a source who declined to be identified.

With the championship approaching the end, and with the growing interest of several European clubs in Moutinho, including Monaco, will be very difficult for Porto ensure continuity of the Portuguese international Dragon next season. Tottenham also seeks to ensure a spot in the Champions League and the sale of Gareth Bale is likely to be decisive for the purchase of the pass of the 26-year.

Since the clause of João Moutinho is valued at 40 million euros, and there are few clubs with purchasing power to acquire the Portuguese midfielder's pass due to the new rules of fair play budget UEFA, the Portuguese midfielder will play in London where the London club ensures clearance for the qualifying round of the Champions League.

Tottenham's official source declined to comment on the transfer of Moutinho to London and reminded that the club has yet to achieve important goals this season.
i just hope we don't pay over the top.
would like to see us have enough to invest in young talents and other areas of the pitch.

Google translation:

stupid article

they are saying we will sell Bale and then have the funds to buy Moutinho

What would people think about Cabaye instead of Moutinho? Granted I haven't payed alot of attention to him this season, but he was excelent last year and is the same sort of player. Probably cheaper aswell, and (semi)proven in the pl.

What would people think about Cabaye instead of Moutinho? Granted I haven't payed alot of attention to him this season, but he was excelent last year and is the same sort of player. Probably cheaper aswell, and (semi)proven in the pl.

I was also very impressed with him last season, thought he would check all the boxes for what we need. Like you I haven't seen him much this season.

I'm not sure how much he would cost though, I'm guessing it would be £15m+ and for that kind of money there are many players that would be interesting I think.

I said about Cabaye on another of the transfer threads here but can't remember what one. I think that we should be going for him, Isco or Moutinho to give us a player that will recycle the ball and create space with giving and going. Just signing one of these players won't help us though. I find that offensively we are quite static and need to interchange a little bit more in order to bring the best out of one of those players as a potential signing and Dembele actually.

If we get Moutinho I can imagine a slight change in formation

Sandro

Dembele Moutinho

Don't know how that would affect Bale in the no. 10 role, or whether he would revert back to left wing

We're not getting Moutinho.

Whether we sign a similar player like Cabaye remains to be seen, not that it's my money but I wouldn't feel it's a great deal at anything over £10m.

Moutinho on his way to Monaco apparently. Then again, I think everyone under the sun will be linked with them this summer!

Pjanic is a more offensive player than Moutinho, more effective in the final 3rd

We need a Pjanic type...

I agree. Plus I've been much more impressed with Pjanic..

...............Leandro?
Villa...........Pjanic..........Bale
.......Dembele.....Sandro

Back