• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joao Moutinho

Debatable.

Everything is debatable. Personally from what I have seen, Pjanic is better and more like what we need than Moutinho. In fact I've seen Moutinho go missing in games, I'm not the only one who thinks that on here. Pjanic is always getting involved.

Maybe this Baldini as potential DOF appointment may help us in regards to price.

I don't see why that would be the case, it would almost be like suggesting that after Chelsea signed Arnesen from us we would let them sign our players cheaper. Would be no reason for Roma to all of a sudden accept a lesser offer just because we just signed one of their employees.

The only exception would be if there was some kind of clause in his contract that Baldini would know about that we wouldn't know about. I think that's unlikely to be a factor though as when players want out those clauses tend to get into the media "somehow".

To me it would almost be more likely if it went the other way, where Roma could insist on us not signing any of their players (perhaps apart from transfer listed players or players they approached us about wanting to sell) for a year or something like that as part of the agreement with us to release him. A kind of do not compete clause, I think we got one of those in the Arnesen saga, although I'm not sure.

Still think with the right offer he would be gettable and not mega money. Right profile too

I think any player in the Eresdivisie is available for "the right offer". Him signing a new contract probably ups their asking price though, that makes him a less attractive prospect compared to if he hadn't signed a new contract.

Just look at last season, Dempsey, Vertonghen and Holtby both had a year or less left on their contract, Dembele had a release clause I believe (and a year left on his contract?), Ade and Sig both wanted to leave and their clubs seemed to want to sell them. I can't quite remember what the situation was with Lloris, but for whatever reason we managed to pick him up fairly cheaply.

I don't see why that would be the case, it would almost be like suggesting that after Chelsea signed Arnesen from us we would let them sign our players cheaper. Would be no reason for Roma to all of a sudden accept a lesser offer just because we just signed one of their employees.

The only exception would be if there was some kind of clause in his contract that Baldini would know about that we wouldn't know about. I think that's unlikely to be a factor though as when players want out those clauses tend to get into the media "somehow".

To me it would almost be more likely if it went the other way, where Roma could insist on us not signing any of their players (perhaps apart from transfer listed players or players they approached us about wanting to sell) for a year or something like that as part of the agreement with us to release him. A kind of do not compete clause, I think we got one of those in the Arnesen saga, although I'm not sure.

I work in finance and my contract says that if I leave my company and move to a competitor then I cant look to hire anyone from my former company for 12 months. I cant believe that this clause isnt standard in most DoF or manager contracts

I think any player in the Eresdivisie is available for "the right offer". Him signing a new contract probably ups their asking price though, that makes him a less attractive prospect compared to if he hadn't signed a new contract.

Just look at last season, Dempsey, Vertonghen and Holtby both had a year or less left on their contract, Dembele had a release clause I believe (and a year left on his contract?), Ade and Sig both wanted to leave and their clubs seemed to want to sell them. I can't quite remember what the situation was with Lloris, but for whatever reason we managed to pick him up fairly cheaply.

You make a great/valid points. In my head im thinking if he was head of all their transfer and scouting info and if he were to leave he would leave with all that information,w hich could affect Roma's future transfers/activity in the market etc ( See what RDM did after AVB left). Since we are not directly competing with Roma in the league maybe he offers to not do that in echange for Pjanic ;) stranger things have happened.

Tancredi Palermi (not sure of spelling) has said on twitter that Mountinho has signed for Monaco...

Joao Moutinho insists he has no intention of leaving Porto this summer after fresh links with a move away from the club.

The Portuguese midfield star has long been linked with former boss Andre Villas Boas, who has tried to sign him for Chelsea and more recently Tottenham.

But big-spending Monaco are now reported to be lining up a move for him and team-mate James Rodriguez.

However, Moutinho is more than happy with life at Porto, where he has just won his third successive league title.

"Right now, nothing will make me change clubs. I am extremely happy here and the most important thing is happiness and winning titles," Moutinho told a press conference.

But he added: "My future is up to FC Porto. No player is immune to leaving. But if something does come up, it has to be something good for both parties."

Moutinho says Porto are determined to improve on their European performances next year.

"We want to improve the campaign from last year, we want to improve on the European level, we want to win everything you enter and it is with this in mind that we will enter the first day of the season," he said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8726250/Transfer-News-Joao-Moutinho-happy-to-stay-at-Porto-after-Monaco-link

Joao Moutinho insists he has no intention of leaving Porto this summer after fresh links with a move away from the club.

The Portuguese midfield star has long been linked with former boss Andre Villas Boas, who has tried to sign him for Chelsea and more recently Tottenham.

But big-spending Monaco are now reported to be lining up a move for him and team-mate James Rodriguez.

However, Moutinho is more than happy with life at Porto, where he has just won his third successive league title.

"Right now, nothing will make me change clubs. I am extremely happy here and the most important thing is happiness and winning titles," Moutinho told a press conference.

But he added: "My future is up to FC Porto. No player is immune to leaving. But if something does come up, it has to be something good for both parties."

Moutinho says Porto are determined to improve on their European performances next year.

"We want to improve the campaign from last year, we want to improve on the European level, we want to win everything you enter and it is with this in mind that we will enter the first day of the season," he said.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...inho-happy-to-stay-at-Porto-after-Monaco-link

In other words, he ain't following Hulk and Witsel to Russia

I work in finance and my contract says that if I leave my company and move to a competitor then I cant look to hire anyone from my former company for 12 months. I cant believe that this clause isnt standard in most DoF or manager contracts

But your contract also says if you shoot someone at work with an air rifle, then you'll get fired. Or if your company racks up millions of pounds in debts, you go out of business. Football is a law unto themselves and it doesn't recognise the real world and the rules and values that you and I live to!

Back