• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Vertonghen knows Gotze is behind him and puts out a flailing arm, likely to push Gotze away, and connects with his face. Another yellow seems correct to me.

I've seen it online only and cannot fathom any intent at all from what I've seen

The ball ran backwards off his foot and at no point did he look the way of Gotze

professional footballers don't need to see the opposite player to know he is there.

Vertonghen lost control of the ball, knew there was a player behind him, put up an arm to hold him off and win back the the ball, but instead hit him in the face because he did not have eyes in the back of his head.

Yellow card. Intent is irrelevant.

professional footballers don't need to see the opposite player to know he is there.

Vertonghen lost control of the ball, knew there was a player behind him, put up an arm to hold him off and win back the the ball, but instead hit him in the face because he did not have eyes in the back of his head.

Professional footballers have sown special extra sensory perception do they??

Agreed. Anyone with a bit of awareness skills would know that there is a player behind and would react in the same way. No intent but the arm connected and it's a yellow.

I've seen it online only and cannot fathom any intent at all from what I've seen

The ball ran backwards off his foot and at no point did he look the way of Gotze

Was Mane's kick a red card vs Emirates Marketing Project last week in your opinion?

Agreed. Anyone with a bit of awareness skills would know that there is a player behind and would react in the same way. No intent but the arm connected and it's a yellow.

Was Mane's kick a red card vs Emirates Marketing Project last week in your opinion?

100%

Dangerous play and high feet

Verts wasn't either

Hell his arm was in a natural position and only made contact cos it was against a dwarf

I thought the second yellow was very harsh and unfortunate, but most importantly he put in a top class performance last night. Saved a certain goal in he first half, and played generally at a high level.

It was imperative that him and Alderweireld were at their best yesterday, and they were.

A one game ban is no concern

We can blood Foyth against Apoel, and/or give Wanyama or Winks a run-out to help get their fitness/sharpness back.

I doubt that Pochard will do that. We'll either switch to a back four or Dier will move back there.

Was there even any contact with the face? His fingers seemed brush the side of the head, but not where Gotze was play-acting.

Can anyone confirm it was two yellow cards (fine) or a yellow and then a red (not cool at all)? Can't find a clear guide anywhere online...

Can anyone confirm it was two yellow cards (fine) or a yellow and then a red (not cool at all)? Can't find a clear guide anywhere online...
I think Kane said in after match interview that it was 2nd yellow for Vert.
Also in 2 after match british studios it was discussed he received only a yellow.

Back