• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

Lazy, slow, mentally weak, poor attitude, poor positioning, poor in the air, poor against tricky opponents, poor work-rate.

Would anyone disagree with any of this? This guy is a fraud. A pathetic fraud. He's not good enough for a top 10 Premiership side, but has the attitude like he plays for Real Madrid. I'd sack him, i'm so angry with him. f*8& the transfer fee, get this t*** out of my club NOW. Absolute disgrace. Can we get our money back from Ajax? Terrible, terrible, defender.

Lazy, slow, mentally weak, poor attitude, poor positioning, poor in the air, poor against tricky opponents, poor work-rate.

Would anyone disagree with any of this? This guy is a fraud. A pathetic fraud. He's not good enough for a top 10 Premiership side, but has the attitude like he plays for Real Madrid. I'd sack him, i'm so angry with him. f*8& the transfer fee, get this t*** out of my club NOW. Absolute disgrace. Can we get our money back from Ajax? Terrible, terrible, defender.

Yes, I disagree. Quality player, poor attitude.

Leave off. The guy was immense last year.

He was in the team of the Sean as the best defender.

He is a class player just playing **** like a lot of the team whoever he is clearly displaying a ****ty attitude which won't bode well for any potential suitors
I think Van Gaal will be having a few words in his ear when he joins and give him the choice.... He is replaceable but he is also a very very good centre back

yep I disagree. He's top class but an utter ****.

It really isn't. It's been said for a while from his performances this season.
This. I believe Tottenham has always been viewed as his ticket to the big wedge, city, Chelsea, scum..etc. I think he's a **** but in some ways I can't blame him, he's a class player and spurs are a ****in circus, Mr Levy take a bow.

It really isn't. It's been said for a while from his performances this season.

Bashing him for allegedly faking an injury to get off the field early? Claiming he is a talentless turd not good enough for low level, amateur football? Endless rants about his "poor" attitude, and that he was never this good anyway? It´s pathetic really.

We are all disappointed in his performances this season compared to last, and he should rightly be critisised for his errors and poor games, but really - some of the things being said in this thread is cringeworthy.

At this point not an out and out defender and really needs to play alongside someone like John Terry so he can show boat. In other words, not a great fit here. Not sure how his performances or attitude are doing him any good, either with us, or prospective buyers who must be taking note. Maybe he's getting bad advice, but there have been better defenders than him, on poorer teams, who didn't give it large.

Last edited:

maybe he's just unhappy with the way things are going at the club e.g. no proper LB no CL in sight. Can't blame him when the person you look to for inspiration is just Tim Sherwood :)

maybe he's just unhappy with the way things are going at the club e.g. no proper LB no CL in sight. Can't blame him when the person you look to for inspiration is just Tim Sherwood :)

Yes you can. You mean he must have a manager he likes and respects to motivate himself to not play like a pub team defender? That just proves to me he will never be a top athlete or sportsman as he should have the eye of the tiger and a determination to win and play like a hurricane every game!

Yes you can. You mean he must have a manager he likes and respects to motivate himself to not play like a pub team defender? That just proves to me he will never be a top athlete or sportsman as he should have the eye of the tiger and a determination to win and play like a hurricane every game!

Can you please list the players in our squad that fits this description?

Can you please list the players in our squad that fits this description?

Well exactly, this is a massive part of our problem. The thing is though, that Jan THINKS he is one of them and thinks he is too good for us and doesn't put any effort in. You can say what you like about Dawson, and he doesn't have Vertonghen's technique and passing ability, and he doesn't have the talent to be a real top class centre-back, but he never shirks and always gives his all.

Vertonghen doesn't put any effort in and isn't actually as good as he thinks he is. He would be a much better midfielder, as his positioning and reading of the game isn't good enough to be a centre-back, he gets caught out far to often.

You know this sense of entitlement is why Jan is even with us. He had an offer from Arsenal, but Wenger wanted to play him in midfield like Petit (presumably because Wenger, being a good judge of a player, realised Jan wasn't good enough to be a centre-back in the Premiership). Jan didn't want this and therefore rejected them and signed for us.

Maybe he's regretting his decision now.

Well exactly, this is a massive part of our problem. The thing is though, that Jan THINKS he is one of them and thinks he is too good for us and doesn't put any effort in. You can say what you like about Dawson, and he doesn't have Vertonghen's technique and passing ability, and he doesn't have the talent to be a real top class centre-back, but he never shirks and always gives his all.

Vertonghen doesn't put any effort in and isn't actually as good as he thinks he is. He would be a much better midfielder, as his positioning and reading of the game isn't good enough to be a centre-back, he gets caught out far to often.

You know this sense of entitlement is why Jan is even with us. He had an offer from Arsenal, but Wenger wanted to play him in midfield like Petit (presumably because Wenger, being a good judge of a player, realised Jan wasn't good enough to be a centre-back in the Premiership). Jan didn't want this and therefore rejected them and signed for us.

Maybe he's regretting his decision now.

Very impressive that you know what Vertonghen thinks, do you know him personally?

He didn't fancy it because he felt it was making him look bad and simply walked off the pitch.

He was not injured, I'm certain of that. You could see it in his body language that he wanted out of the game. There's no way back from that for me.

Hoddle and Souncess ripped him apart yesterday.....it wouldn't have looked out of place if he was carrying a towel,sunglasses and factor 15 the way he was leaning against the wall having a quiet chat with who ever.....

Hoddle and Souncess ripped him apart yesterday.....it wouldn't have looked out of place if he was carrying a towel,sunglasses and factor 15 the way he was leaning against the wall having a quiet chat with who ever.....
they all looked unmotivated in the tunnel.....the body language was terrible, must have been a great speech from Sherwood before he sent them out8-[

they all looked unmotivated in the tunnel.....the body language was terrible, must have been a great speech from Sherwood before he sent them out8-[

Does he even do pre-match talks? Most of the time it looks like the players have come straight from bed and aren't even awake yet.

article-2593232-1CB6026D00000578-871_634x528.jpg

Back