• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

they all looked unmotivated in the tunnel.....the body language was terrible, must have been a great speech from Sherwood before he sent them out8-[

It really was strange to see them like that just before walking out the tunnel.. My greatest fear is that the players have been told TS is going to remain the manager next season and they have had enough. The flip side of that is I cannot believe professional players would deliberately play poorly just to spite the manager, especially in the run up to the WC, as most are 1st team internationals. Maybe they see a future under TS as worse than jeopardising their WC chance. In which case we are FUBAR'd. :(

It really was strange to see them like that just before walking out the tunnel.. My greatest fear is that the players have been told TS is going to remain the manager next season and they have had enough. The flip side of that is I cannot believe professional players would deliberately play poorly just to spite the manager, especially in the run up to the WC, as most are 1st team internationals. Maybe they see a future under TS as worse than jeopardising their WC chance. In which case we are FUBAR'd. :(

Would it not be more likely they know TS WONT be the manager next year? With Gullit coming out with what he said, that certainly undermined Tims position massively....

Would it not be more likely they know TS WONT be the manager next year? With Gullit coming out with what he said, that certainly undermined Tims position massively....

Thats just it though. If they knew he was going then why would they not at least put a shift in and play for the incomming manager, or for a place at the WC at the very least. The players are more than capable .

article-2593232-1CB6026D00000578-871_634x528.jpg

new kids on the block....

Thats just it though. If they knew he was going then why would they not at least put a shift in and play for the incomming manager, or for a place at the WC at the very least. The players are more than capable .

Who's to say they didnt put a shift in? Whenever theres a heavy defeat its always that the players just weren't trying, thats such an easy thing to say and often not true. We were useless, but the the idea the players just weren't trying doesn't hold up with me....

Who's to say they didnt put a shift in? Whenever theres a heavy defeat its always that the players just weren't trying, thats such an easy thing to say and often not true. We were useless, but the the idea the players just weren't trying doesn't hold up with me....

In the main they were strolling around without a care in the world, if you honestly though all the team put in 100% you really need to go to specsavers

They all look like they're thinking 'F**k, Nabil's the only defensive midfielder away at Anfield'

There was a worse shot than this. At one time he was leaning up against the wall, legs crossed and looked completely non-plussed. This is not knee jerk. I thought this at the time. When he went down, I knew, I just knew he would go off. He bottled it!

Bricking it, despondent, ****ed off are all phrases I'd use to describe the players in that picture.

Ice cold Jan/lazy, can't be bothered Jan. Like Blue Steel, it's the same look it's just our perspective that changes based on his performance/our result.

i dont think it works like that. Spurs literally have nothing left to play for. They dont need to impress the incoming manager right now, that time will come during pre season when they get the first chance to work with the new guy (please GHod let their be a new guy in charge and not this mug TS) With the WC in mind, the players know what they must do is stay injury free. Thats all that matters

Back