• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

Apart from a short spell last season when he scored a couple of goals he's been average at best. Even playing out of position doesn't excuse his '"I'm too good for this ****, can't be bothered to try" attitude.

Why would any player give a **** about playing for a club who's owners have no interest what so ever in competing.

If that was even remotely true we'd be down there with the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Villa.

I never felt he was committed to us. Came here thinking we'd be a stepping stone, is sulking because he hasn't been able to showcase himself this season, and will be agitating for a move come the end of it, moaning about how he wants CL football and we aren't good enough. Can fuсk right off as far as I'm concerned, and take his ѕhіtty attitude with him.

Last edited:

Why would any player give a **** about playing for a club who's owners have no interest what so ever in competing.

There are some players who hate to lose above all else and works their 'nads off regardless of who they are playing for. Jan is not one of those.

There are some players who hate to lose above all else and works their 'nads off regardless of who they are playing for. Jan is not one of those.

Thats what top players playing for top clubs do, yeah, and you're right, Vertonghen is not one of those (a top player for a top club)

He's another Berbatov/Modric ... a class act when he can be bothered. We can't afford to have players like him especially at the back which is a woeful. I'm dissapointed in him, I thought he could be a club captain for a long to come but all it seems is he's got his mind set on a way out.

(my first post, hello all)

Barca are an enigma though, they haven't bothered about proper defenders for years, not that they have needed to

Unfortunately Jan will be here next season as he's not the player he thinks he is. He might get a sideways move but no decent club with title aspirations will come for him. He hasn't got the mentality for it.

If he wasn't injured today when he came off then that could be the most cowardly act I've seen this season, and there have been a few to choose from. If he was injured then so be it.

To be fair, if we do get LVG in the summer, he may be able to get the best out of our two Dutch players, even if one of them is actually Belgian....and the other one is Danish...

Unfortunately Jan will be here next season as he's not the player he thinks he is. He might get a sideways move but no decent club with title aspirations will come for him. He hasn't got the mentality for it.

If he wasn't injured today when he came off then that could be the most cowardly act I've seen this season, and there have been a few to choose from. If he was injured then so be it.

In all honesty, I think it would be pretty difficult for a prem footballer to 'fake' an injury since they have a fully qualified doctor checking everytime they fall over.

Then again, with our medical team, you never know!!!

In all honesty, I think it would be pretty difficult for a prem footballer to 'fake' an injury since they have a fully qualified doctor checking everytime they fall over.

Then again, with our medical team, you never know!!!

It's not that hard I wouldn't think. On the pitch the diagnosis is quick and pretty much depends on input from the player. It would be pretty easy to make something up or exaggerate an existing condition if you wanted. Most players are carrying a strain or knock all the time, I've heard it said.

Now that I've cooled down a bit I'm almost certain vertoghen didn't feign injury as if it ever got out that he did his reputation would be in tatters.

It's not that hard I wouldn't think. On the pitch the diagnosis is quick and pretty much depends on input from the player. It would be pretty easy to make something up or exaggerate an existing condition if you wanted. Most players are carrying a strain or knock all the time, I've heard it said.

Now that I've cooled down a bit I'm almost certain vertoghen didn't feign injury as if it ever got out that he did his reputation would be in tatters.

Bit like the thing with Stephen Ireland and the dead granny.

Back