• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Super Jan Vertonghen Official

i read somewhere that the dutch players were the most educated of them all ... having degrees and such. don't think there are any such stats to verify.

if he's so educated, why does vertonghen keep playing for the wrong country?

Not too worried about the alleged issues with Verts. Its true he's not playing at the level he was in the past, but that can happen to players, and he can bounce back. He has a contract here, end of really, unless we get blown away with an offer. I don't rate him as highly as some do anyway, and I would certainly think he's replaceable. With Dawson getting up there we should prolly be in the market for another CB over the summer anyway (Caulker?).

Last edited:

Why would we want to sign Caulker? I don't understand this love for him. If he was that good, we would never have sold him. We received a fee which is higher than his considered value & so he's gone. And no, it's not comparable to Berbatov, Bale, Carrick etc as we were not fighting to keep him.

I would rather not see him come back. I'd prefer that we signed a good defender.

Why would we want to sign Caulker? I don't understand this love for him. If he was that good, we would never have sold him. We received a fee which is higher than his considered value & so he's gone. And no, it's not comparable to Berbatov, Bale, Carrick etc as we were not fighting to keep him.

I would rather not see him come back. I'd prefer that we signed a good defender.

Joe Gomez at Charlton is the one we should look at, that guy is going to be an outstanding player in a few years. If we are looking for now, then Veltman at Ajax would be the one for now. I watch Ajax a lot and though as a group they are quite suspect defensively Veltman and Blind look like good defenders.

I've just given him zero in the match ratings thread - pretty sure I've never done that with any Spurs player before.

He can **** off this summer. Just take whatever you can get Levy.

I'd keep him ... and let him rot, knock his wages till he starts playing. I won't let him off easy, or sell cheap to another team.

Are people actually slating him for his performance today or for the fact he seemed somewhat laid back in the tunnel. I'm not gonna judge him for the way he was standing in the tunnel different people prepare in different ways. If true he is totally uninterested blame levy for creating a culture/atmosphere at our club where if you want a move all you got to do is sulk and he'll use that as an excuse to the fans to sell our best players. It's no suprise players want out of a club who don't even have the ambition to be able to compete to finish as 4th best club in the country.

Are people actually slating him for his performance today or for the fact he seemed somewhat laid back in the tunnel. I'm not gonna judge him for the way he was standing in the tunnel different people prepare in different ways. If true he is totally uninterested blame levy for creating a culture/atmosphere at our club where if you want a move all you got to do is sulk and he'll use that as an excuse to the fans to sell our best players. It's no suprise players want out of a club who don't even have the ambition to be able to compete to finish as 4th best club in the country.

Both. His performance looked off pace, he could and should have prevented the first goal and looked far too keen to get off. It will be interesting to find out what his injury actually was.

Both. His performance looked off pace, he could and should have prevented the first goal and looked far too keen to get off. It will be interesting to find out what his injury actually was.

He caught the cant give a flying **** virus that ruled out Paulinho today

Back