• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

jh4v1v.gif

:)

Think he has been absolutely brilliant this season.

I cant remember the last time, he had a poor game.

His 6th season with us - and I honestly think, this has been the best of them.

Strangely enough he does not seem to get much credit and praise from pundits, media etc.

Strangely enough he does not seem to get much credit and praise from pundits, media etc.

Jan is just too cool to be bothered about that.;)

Been the best central defender in the Prem for 18 months now.

Yes, not that anyone else, away from Spurs, recognises this. I saw people say Alonso should be in the team of the year, and Azpilicueta but they don’t mention Vertonghen. Idiots! Plus I think Vertonghen is better than the hugely overrated Ramos who seems to just be a ‘go to’ answer when people ask for best defender. As other than being violent, reckless, and caught out of position, I can’t thonk of many outstanding elements of his game.

Yes, not that anyone else, away from Spurs, recognises this. I saw people say Alonso should be in the team of the year, and Azpilicueta but they don’t mention Vertonghen. Idiots! Plus I think Vertonghen is better than the hugely overrated Ramos who seems to just be a ‘go to’ answer when people ask for best defender. As other than being violent, reckless, and caught out of position, I can’t thonk of many outstanding elements of his game.

What I like about Verts is you can tell from his body language he is happy here ...
What do you reckon @parklane1

Plus I think Vertonghen leads the defence. He’s had to put up with a pick and mix defence this season, with Vertonghen the constant and yet, he has continued to play at a good level throughout it all.

jh4v1v.gif

:)

Think he has been absolutely brilliant this season.

I often hear claims like "if he was foreign the English media would hype him up so much" about English players. If Vertonghen was English the media would be in constant praise mode.

Fantastic defender and player, we're very lucky to have him.

Can this guy be given a Man of the Match award please?

Sure... Harry has been brilliant, Eriksen eye catching and Son pivotal.

But Verts is consistently outstanding, game in game out. To my eyes, he is on par with Toby - if not even more important to us. And that is the highest complement I can give a defender.

Back