• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Class all season long, our best CB last season. And tonight.....

World class. Owned Ronaldo. Leader, positioning, pace, class on the ball, stays on his feet, intercepts and blocks.

Well done Jan, just a shame bout the body language

Sent from my SM-G930F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yep - no bigger compliment that you can pay him that to say that he made Ronaldo look ordinary tonight. Superb

Another world-class performance from Jan.
And that tackle in the box on Ronaldo in first half was utterly amazing.

Really pleased to see Jan getting some well deserved praise. He has flown under the radar a bit with all the attention on Toby but he has really been performing out of his skin for most of last season and today he was just magnificent.

The best centre half in the country.

Yep.

Jan is better than Toby. No doubt in my mind. Toby is the block in the road, but Vertonghen has been playing out of his skin lately. I think he's the best defender in the PL. We are so lucky to have both AND Sanchez..Who isn't too bad either.....

Yep again.

@parklane1 can give you a few more details on that...

Indeed, its all gonad*s from those who have no idea.

He's still with the squad and the reports seem to indicate that he might be available for Belgium's game on Tuesday.
Martinez said ""Jan won’t be in the team tomorrow. He is suffering a little pain in the ankle, but it isn’t serious."

I say pull him out (can we do that?).

Back