• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Strange bit of defending for ‘Ryan’ to pick out as the best of the season; It sums Vertonghen up nicely because he thinks the danger is past so he immediately starts to slow down and play it cool but then realises Long is sprinting into the box so he has to speed up again to clear it.

Overall he is top class though, brilliant for Spurs

I really do think he is class and a great player, he gets overshadowed by Toby when they play together but he deserves just as much credit. It"s silly to say but he is such a under rated player by some fans.

I really do think he is class and a great player, he gets overshadowed by Toby when they play together but he deserves just as much credit. It"s silly to say but he is such a under rated player by some fans.
I think that with Wanyama back in midfield, we'll se more of the surging runs from Vertongen, that used to be his trademark. We've not seen it much lately, but I think that is because we haven't really played with a proper dm that protects the area he leaves when carrying the ball forward.

I think that he was in the better form of the two, this season, up until Alderweireld got injured. Vertonghen's weakness has been giving away fouls when caught out of position but there hasn't been too much of that of late.

I think that he was in the better form of the two, this season, up until Alderweireld got injured. Vertonghen's weakness has been giving away fouls when caught out of position but there hasn't been too much of that of late.

To be honest i think both of them look better when they play together, both are top CB"s but as a pairing they are one ( if not the best) i have seen.

Back