• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Surely the FA can't do anything about this considering the stuff they have let Zlatan get away with lately. He punched a player in the same way delli did last season and it never got brought up at all

If the FA charges Vertonghen, then it is confirmed that someone has an agenda against Spurs. What that looked like was Vert going for a close challenge and looking for something to support him coming down. I have seen much worse in the league which noone has punished.

The element of doubt, and there is one however small, saved him I would say.

As others have said that it would have been a little unfair to punish him for that considering the rest of the brick to gets ignored on a game by game basis.

The intent element is always impossible to prove and more so if a player isn't even looking at the player he has made contact with

The intent element is always impossible to prove and more so if a player isn't even looking at the player he has made contact with
In these types of incidents I would agree with you, but punches, slaps and launching yourself two footed through the air are fairly clear cut infringements and these too have been ignored with regularity. There is no discernible pattern to what the FA chooses to punish or ignore.

In these types of incidents I would agree with you, but punches, slaps and launching yourself two footed through the air are fairly clear cut infringements and these too have been ignored with regularity. There is no discernible pattern to what the FA chooses to punish or ignore.

The pattern thing is the issue

How Zlatan got away with the lunch vs palace I'll never know and it got virtually zero Column inches

Verts hits a player in the face after clearing the ball and it's a proper headline

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. It did look suspicious, but its possible to lose your calm. I'm sure it's happened to all of us playing football. I also thought it was a very harsh yellow card as he didn't actually do anything. I didn't know that running in an aggressive manner was a bookable offence.

That's the way i saw it as well and your point is a good one, unfortuately it seems there are some fans who have never played the game if they refuse to believe that its always possible to get wound up on the field.

Looks like he just decided to give a bit of payback for the sly elbow to the side, IMO. Definititely deliberate to me, though I'm sure there was no intent to scratch his face - it just happened to be where Jan's hand ended up.

Glad he didn't get done for it, it wouldn't have surprised me the slightest if the FA - again - took action after massive media coverage.

Back