• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

I'm pretty sure he was holding his head because he knew it was a bad ankle injury, not that his head was the injured part. But only going on what I saw on the tv.

Yeah, that's quite likely, actually. It's a bloody shame for him - he got injured at a similar stage last season as well, iirc.

As I said in the match thread, I injured my ankle when I was about 18 and couldn't walk off the pitch. It swelled up badly and for 3 days I was using crutches, but then when the selling went down it healed very quickly and I played 2 weeks later.

Also, whilst he's been really good this year, he's one of the more replaceable players in our first team - would have been far more concerned about an injury to Lloris, Alder, Rose, Dele, Dembele, Kane, Eriksen etc. Hope he's back in a month or so though

I love how close our stands are to the pitch, but I've always thought it dangerous not having a proper run off area. Along with Townsend's wrist, there's been a number of avoidable injuries over the years caused by that.

Anyway, I have full faith in Wimmer

It wasn't the (lack of) run off.

He landed pretty much on the line of the pitch didn't he? It's not like he ran into the advertising boards and went over on the apron.

was trying too hard in th first half to get into an attacking position today against wba, his self inflicted injury reeks of both over enthusiasm and fatigue...

?

Self inflicted?

He rolled his ankle on landing whilst trying to maintain possession and not away a throw to the opposition.

It was a bit of an unnecessary injury to be fair i.e. a nothing situation, stretching to keep it in next to the dugouts and not run onto the plastic bit the managers stand on, very innocuous considering all the thundering challenges that happen every game

Concerned with this, as much as I do think we can cover him. As others have said, he has been outstanding this season. Probably his best season with us so far.

Back