• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

This is actually only a 1 year extension (as he was on a 4+2 from 2012). I suppose it takes him up to just past his 32nd birthday though.

Anyway our current shortest contracts are now:

June 2018 - Vorm (will be 34)
June 2019 - Loris (will be 32), Dembele (will be 31), Verts (will be 32), 2CV, Davies, Carroll

Lamela seems rumoured to be the next though, even though he's still got 3.5 years left on his 5+2 deal

Was that a typo? I'm pretty sure Luka Modric is NOT left-footed...

Well, Harry did play him out on the left to begin with, to get him into the flow of the Prem from a less vulnerable position - I don't think he would have done that if he hadn't been supremely capable with his left, considering that we usually went with Lennon hugging the touchline down the right as part of a balanced 4-4-2 in 2008-2009. Transfermarkt has him as a two-footed player, for what it's worth.

My kid is right footed, writes left handed, throws a ball right handed...

Anyways, love me some Verts and I'd love to see the Superman celebration make a comeback tomorrow!

I'm left handed, right footed. Bat and bowl and play snooker right handed. Punch with my left. Kids are the same, a mixture. Anyway this thread was about a Dutch fella wasn't it?

Well, Harry did play him out on the left to begin with, to get him into the flow of the Prem from a less vulnerable position - I don't think he would have done that if he hadn't been supremely capable with his left, considering that we usually went with Lennon hugging the touchline down the right as part of a balanced 4-4-2 in 2008-2009. Transfermarkt has him as a two-footed player, for what it's worth.

Modric was played as an inverted winger type and came into the center to effect play. Whilst being decent with his left foot (because he is a class player) he was mpst certainly NOT left-footed, hence he didn't play the typical outside left position to cross balls in from the left wing.

Really happy to hear that, he is a class player and with Toby alongside him are the best partnership i have seen at the Lane. There was a load of cobblers spoke about by a few and his " body language " a season or two back by the so called "experts" but he has proved them wrong.

I agree they are terrific together, but I definitely felt he was a bit "flaky" at times.

Back