• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Yep the menu was a disgrace. Pompous and self important but lacking substance was the critics opinion.
:p

Obviously nothing of sufficient interest on there for them to raise their heads out of the trough of canapés and wine they'll have been immersed in the past couple of weeks. I'm still amazed the ban stick hasn't come out for Vertonghen, though.

was trying too hard in th first half to get into an attacking position today against wba, his self inflicted injury reeks of both over enthusiasm and fatigue...

Hope he's okay. He went down holding his neck and the back of his head - only thing that comes to my mind is that he's pulled a trapezius, since that happened to me on a similarly innocuous bit of exertion and it felt like a bloody hammer blow as soon as it happened. Could be anything, though.

Hope he's okay. He went down holding his neck and the back of his head - only thing that comes to my mind is that he's pulled a trapezius, since that happened to me on a similarly innocuous bit of exertion and it felt like a bloody hammer blow as soon as it happened. Could be anything, though.

Yes, I saw that, I thought he had been hit by a coin until they showed the replay...and then I winced

Yes, I saw that, I thought he had been hit by a coin until they showed the replay...and then I winced

Yeah, something to do with the neck/head was my first reaction..but I guess he could just have been holding his head because he knew he'd done his ankle pretty badly. :(

Wait for the scans.

At least we faced this situation last season. Wimmer CAN step in and CCV and Davies give us depth and flexibility to go a two or a three.

Yeah, Wimmer's a solid deputy and we won't suffer too much from having Jan out, if at all. I'm not unduly concerned about our prospects in the wake of this - just sad for Jan, is all. I hope for his sake that it isn't as serious as it apparently seems to be.

Really? I saw him go down, but he immediately rolled back on to his ankle and crouched clutching his head for a while before the camera cut away, so I thought it was that.

Oh, I hope he's okay. :(

I'm pretty sure he was holding his head because he knew it was a bad ankle injury, not that his head was the injured part. But only going on what I saw on the tv.

Back