• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

jan_vertonghen_v_kevin_wimmer_head_to_head_two_centrebacks_compa_138168.jpg

different players aren't they.
but ultimately the aggregate of "clean sheets" and "points" should decide

Crikey, I'll start it shall I!? Haha. Welcome back SuperJan. Didn't even realise you were gone thanks to a Winner/Wimmer.

Slotted in as if he'd never been away, still think ALderweireld is the better player though :)

Alderweireld is the best defender we have had in since King by a distance. I'm not saying that Vertonghen or Wimmer are average players, but I think Alder could make a lot of poor players look half decent playing alongside him.

Harsh on Wimmer today as he's not done much wrong, if anything. He saved a point for us against scum.

It is going to be harsh on Wimmer and possibly a few others, but the starting X1 today has to be the starting X1 for the final five matches. Barring injuries no need for changes, 7 days rest between matches.
The team picks itself now until the end of the season. That right there is our strongest team and I think finally we all know it

Alderweireld is the best defender we have had in since King by a distance. I'm not saying that Vertonghen or Wimmer are average players, but I think Alder could make a lot of poor players look half decent playing alongside him.

Harsh on Wimmer today as he's not done much wrong, if anything. He saved a point for us against scum.
So true. I remember people questioning whether Toby was good, or was made to look good because of the players playing beside him. Question answered.

It is going to be harsh on Wimmer and possibly a few others, but the starting X1 today has to be the starting X1 for the final five matches. Barring injuries no need for changes, 7 days rest between matches.
The team picks itself now until the end of the season. That right there is our strongest team and I think finally we all know it

Agreed. It's harsh on Wimmer, but this is life as a 22 year old backup at a big club. Vertonghen is our first choice and showed his quality again by stepping right back in from an injury break and doing really well. He's better than Wimmer right now. No shame in that for Wimmer, the future looks really bright for him.

Great to see him back in the team, Wimmer has done well without a doubt but Jan is ( imo) a better player and alongside Toby are/is the best partnership in the Prem. I also think that Toby ( my player of the season for us) was going forward more yesterday because of the trust/faith he has in Jan.

Agreed. It's harsh on Wimmer, but this is life as a 22 year old backup at a big club. Vertonghen is our first choice and showed his quality again by stepping right back in from an injury break and doing really well. He's better than Wimmer right now. No shame in that for Wimmer, the future looks really bright for him.

I think whatever happens in the last 5 games, Wimmer's ahead of schedule in terms of development. For him, Njie and Son this was always going to be a settling into the league season. Wimmer got his chance because of an injury, whereas Njie and Son's seasons have been hampered by injuries.

So true. I remember people questioning whether Toby was good, or was made to look good because of the players playing beside him. Question answered.

Not me :) he was the player I most wanted us to sign last summer, I have seen him at Ajax and he and Jan had a great understanding of each others games.

Hopefully that new contract will follow. Surprised he hasn't signed yet, if it's the same deal as when he signed he's probably on quite a low wage.

Back