• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

i'm a bit worried we are becoming a bit of a black hole and that might put those two off, i've just had a look at the latest dutch squad and none of our lads are in there

There are two Dutch teams - the Orange one and then the Black/Yellow/Red one. Check the BYR one! Somebody mislabelled them as Belgium. Cant figure out why!

There are two Dutch teams - the Orange one and then the Black/Yellow/Red one. Check the BYR one! Somebody mislabelled them as Belgium. Cant figure out why!

Let's give due credit to our Belgian contingent. Their good form have been one of the main reason for us doing well in the league now, particularly Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Dembele. Chadli has been inconsistent but he too has his share of contributions this season.

Wondered if Wimmer had hurt himself today - looked in a lot of pain. Could be time for Verts to come back for the run in..

Looked in pain, but looked like the opponent raked his studs down his leg or some kind of injury like that. Didn't look like a twist, stretch or dangerous kind of impact injury from what I could see on the replays.

actually i am quite happy with wimmer and alder right now, i see no reason for verts to come back for the remaining games.

Quite happy with Wimmer for sure. But I still think Vertonghen should get his place back when fit.

Wimmer has been excellent. But I'd like Vertonghen back as soon as he is ready and Poch deems him ready. That understanding with Alderweireld is so important, plus another leader and title winner.

Wimmer has been excellent. But I'd like Vertonghen back as soon as he is ready and Poch deems him ready. That understanding with Alderweireld is so important, plus another leader and title winner.

Need Jan back just for the cover at minimum, think he will get back his place, Poch may do as he usually does which is not rush him back to starting place.

Hopefully next season CCV is ready and we can give Toby/Jan more games off

I say stick with Wimmer for the time being. He waited patiently for his opportunity and when it came he seized it with with both hands. Now Vertonghen should do the same. If Davies is out injured for a while - perhaps he could cover at LB if anything happens to Rose as well? Or at CDM if Dier gets suspended? May be a useful sub to bring on if we're under the cosh and defending a lead.

Remember the days when we had to decide between Gary Doherty, Anthony Gardner, Dean Richards and Goran Bunjevcevic at CB? What a nice problem to have now.

I say stick with Wimmer for the time being. He waited patiently for his opportunity and when it came he seized it with with both hands. Now Vertonghen should do the same. If Davies is out injured for a while - perhaps he could cover at LB if anything happens to Rose as well? Or at CDM if Dier gets suspended? May be a useful sub to bring on if we're under the cosh and defending a lead.

Remember the days when we had to decide between Gary Doherty, Anthony Gardner, Dean Richards and Goran Bunjevcevic at CB? What a nice problem to have now.
Haha. Those were the days.
Still remember them fondly.
We were "happy" to be in the top half:p
How times have changed.
May this continue

Disagree Jan is a better player but more important is his pairing with Toby is the best around.

The numbers says otherwise (league only).

Alderweireld/Wimmer: 1 goal conceded every 144 minutes
Alderweireld/Vertonghen: 1 goal conceded every 108 minutes

Cdq2NlAWIAAzg4W.jpg

i think we look more solid of late and the numbers posted above back that up - a noticeable difference.

Wimmer definitely deserves to keep his place in the team afaic

Cdq2NlAWIAAzg4W.jpg
How many games has each played and against whom? That makes a difference to the stat. But overall Wimmer has been bloody buggery brilliant.

Jan is a better passer than Wimmer. For that reason, I would rather have Jan back in the first team.

Wimmer's passing and his comfort on the ball has been most impressive, very much Vertonghen like.

With just seven games remaining, I'd go with Wimmer rather than risk Jan getting back up to speed after a lay-off.

I can't ever recall, being so happy with the quality of all our central defenders at the club.

Jan is a better passer than Wimmer. For that reason, I would rather have Jan back in the first team.
Not so sure about that. Wimmer has been putting a few great balls about recently, not least that brilliant pass straight down the middle yesterday to Dele Alli that led to Kane's second.

One of the things I find most frustrating about Verts is so often he cops out and passes it along the back rather than attempting to pick out a forward runner. Not saying he hasn't got it in his locker, just he uses it so sparingly.

Hopefully the competition from Wimmer has put a firework up his backside so when he does get back we'll start to see the very best of him. Seems to have worked with Walker vs Trippier and Rose vs Davies so why not Verts vs Wimmer?

Cdq2NlAWIAAzg4W.jpg

The title says 'Tottenham ranking'.....so is this him compared to Walker, TA and Rose?!? If so, it doesn't really say too much

Back