• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Can't comment on espanyol but he hardly ever played two up front at Southampton when I saw them.

They only had lambert as centre forward there plus osvaldo briefly

Rodriguez played as a wide forward in the mould GB has described many times in the past

I'm happy to be correctd but I certainly saw them as a 4-2-3-1 side last season

Rodriguez seemed to me to be the furthest forward of all at Southampton. And IMO was definately up there as a pair with Lambert.

His price will only be decided by tribuneral if a buying club fails to agree a fee with Burnley. With severall clubs interested I think it may not go to a tribuneral at all.

If he decides to sign for someone once his contract is out it doesn't matter how much any other club is willing to bid. It will probably go to a tribunal if the buying club thinks that Burnley are asking too much and it will give them a fair price.

We won't sign Benteke, we wanted to, the summer we bought Soldado. The deal was too expensive. Considering how much we bought Soldado for, and the fact that Benteke signed a new 5 year deal at Villa that summer, I'll leave you guys to speculate on why we won't be signing Benteke any time soon.

I'd also add in that he is inconsistent. He has not managed to put a full season's worth of performances in for Villa yet.

Really?, in season 12/13 he played in 38 Prem games and scored 19 Prem goals, since then he has had two injury hit seasons when he has missed a lot of games.

I agree that we have probably missed the boat to sign him and that is a pity as he would be ideal for us.

ITK from Trix:
Here's a question.... If Enic are looking at selling [see takeover talk thread], would they put a sizeable bid in for a player like I have heard they have today?

He added this shortly after in a thread regarding Schneiderlin:
From what I have heard 100% not dead. I'm sure people can put 2 and 2 together.;)

J Rodriguez signed a new contract at Southampton.

Moreno also linked with Arse this week.

We are gonna need some new ITK this summer!

I understand that. He was out for over a year and his club seems to have remained positive, supportive and stuck by him. For that he owes them at least another year (and it's not like Southampton's a bad place to be right now).

Moreno also linked with Arse this week.

We are gonna need some new ITK this summer!

so no Rodriguez then............would have been the ideal left forward signing. Not a good start to the summer business

Some ITK from SC

update from trix:
Quick update.
Ade to Villa is more than just talk and what ifs now,. The are actively trying to do a deal for him., and he is happy to go there. Money as always with Ade will determine whether a deal can be done or not
From the Villa end.

storts on coys on whether we are still trying to get [Demarai Gray]:
Yes, yes we are.

trix on coys: Thought this one [schneiderlin] was completely dead, but apparently that isn't the case.
Financials were a big issue last Summer, not sure what has changed to make this more likely now.
this is a response to ghostofarmos itk from about a week ago which was:
I'm told
Shneiderlin and rodriguez will be spurs players next year..
not breaking news I know but thought we may have lost out..
Yeah id have thought scum..
Told nope..us
ali z on signings: I am hearing one is done, a name mentioned on here before and not overwhelming in terms of the response on this board, with another they are very confident about. As Trix says quicker we move players out, quicker we can do our business.

trix: Here's a question.... If Enic are looking at selling [see takeover talk thread], would they put a sizeable bid in for a player like I have heard they have today?

trix with some clarification for the confused: Not teasing, have heard we have made a sizeable bid for MS. From the Saints end.

As soon as they start talking about several deals in the pipeline nothing happens for weeks :(

I don't think Enic potentially selling up and Spurs making a large bid for a player are incompatible.

Conversely, I can't see Villa doing a high salary deal like Ade until the ownership change is concluded.

Signing a new contract means nothing if the right bid comes in. He could have done it simply to ensure the get full value.

Rodriguez has been a 'contract rebel' for about 2 years now. He's actively said before that he wasn't going to sign a new one. This is a big change of direction by him.

Signing the contract changes his value from about £7m to £20m, which straight away takes him out of our price range.

Signing a new contract means nothing if the right bid comes in. He could have done it simply to ensure the get full value.

I know sometimes young players sign contracts so the club can then sell them for more... but in this case you really get the feeling from his comments that he wants to do the right thing and repay the club after being out injured for so long.

Who knows though, stranger things have happened.

Would seem a strange thing to do?.... If he didn't want to stay there then there is no way that his agent would've agreed to a contract extension.

Would seem a strange thing to do?.... If he didn't want to stay there then there is no way that his agent would've agreed to a contract extension.

yep, would have the dumbest agent ever if he signed the new deal but still wants to leave

obviously he wants to stay and give something back to Saints after being out for so long

Who's to say j-rods contact doesn't have a buy out clause? A fair figure with last years salary added on so soton are getting the money they spent to support him through the injury back.
Would be a decent thing for him to do for their support of him. Easy enough for the agent to drop a hint to prospective buyers that it's still a reasonable price.

Who's to say j-rods contact doesn't have a buy out clause? A fair figure with last years salary added on so soton are getting the money they spent to support him through the injury back.
Would be a decent thing for him to do for their support of him. Easy enough for the agent to drop a hint to prospective buyers that it's still a reasonable price.

But that's just not something an agent would typically accept. Without the new contract in place the transfer fee would've been lower and that would mean more money for the player (and therefore the agent). I think J-Rod signing new deal there means that:

a) He wants to stay for (at least) one more season.
or
b) The amount of money that Southampton were offering him to stay was more than the other clubs who wanted him were prepared to pay (as you can guarantee his agent would've already done some fishing).

Back