• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

I think we need a striker to complement Kane and not just one that can act as his understudy...

I think Ings fits that bill quite nicely. Kane is quite versatile and can play mutiple roles and positions. Ings also looks like a fairly well rounded player who can play several roles and more importantly should fit in well in our pressing system.

Still would want a more target-man type player to come in and replace Adebayor. (With Ings replacing Soldado) I think that would give us a well balanced strike force for the first time since... ghod knows.

Happily let people know by dm if they'd like to know my source

I'll take a pm :)

I think we need a striker to complement Kane and not just one that can act as his understudy...

Ings and Kane play together for the U21s don't they? And both can play either as a #9 or an AM, so that's pretty complementary. Ings might also be an option at LWF for instance (where he first played at Burnley).

Ings and Kane play together for the U21s don't they? And both can play either as a #9 or an AM, so that's pretty complementary. Ings might also be an option at LWF for instance (where he first played at Burnley).
I like Ings as a player, but I'm not sure that I would want him as my number 9, I just don't think he has the physicality required to do so.

Jay Rodriguez, Ings and Kane would be the best we can currently hope for i think.....all 3 can play more than one attacking role as well.

Still would want a more target-man type player to come in and replace Adebayor. (With Ings replacing Soldado) I think that would give us a well balanced strike force for the first time since... ghod knows.upload_2015-4-21_14-11-41.png

I don't think a target man works in our system. Ade's problem this season wasn't just his attitude, it was that he was just way too static (the same issue Balleteli and Lambert have in Liverpool's system). Kane is so right for us, because he's so mobile (as Ings is).

I wouldn't bother with a 3rd CF unless they could also be our second LWF (Rodriguez) or were a teenager. 3 senior players into 1 position doesn't really go)

But he already has a clear idea of the players he is willing to lose and will communicate this to chairman Daniel Levy.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/revealed-tottenham-set-for-90m-summer-clearout-with-nine-players-up-for-sale-10191983.html

I would find it astonishing if this isn't already communicated and being worked on.

A lot of our plans will depend on whether we qualify for Europe or not. That's quite precarious now after Villa upset Liverpool.

Jay Rodriguez, Ings and Kane would be the best we can currently hope for i think.....all 3 can play more than one attacking role as well.

I'd be delighted with that. All hardworking, intelligent, technical and physical players.

Will hopefully only cost about £13m combined too.

Fending off Liverpool will be the big challenge though.

I don't think a target man works in our system. Ade's problem this season wasn't just his attitude, it was that he was just way too static (the same issue Balleteli and Lambert have in Liverpool's system). Kane is so right for us, because he's so mobile (as Ings is).

I wouldn't bother with a 3rd CF unless they could also be our second LWF (Rodriguez) or were a teenager. 3 senior players into 1 position doesn't really go)

A lot of our plans will depend on whether we qualify for Europe or not. That's quite precarious now after Villa upset Liverpool.

It's not about being a target man as such, it's about having some ability to hold the ball up against big, physical centre halves. Kane has this attribute, Ings does not.

Signing Ings is fine if the club see him as a left wing forward or a number 10. However we will still need a number 9 to share the burden with Kane (remember also that Kane can drop back into the number 10 role).

I think Ings fits that bill quite nicely. Kane is quite versatile and can play mutiple roles and positions. Ings also looks like a fairly well rounded player who can play several roles and more importantly should fit in well in our pressing system.
Still would want a more target-man type player to come in and replace Adebayor. (With Ings replacing Soldado) I think that would give us a well balanced strike force for the first time since... ghod knows.

How does Ings compare with Berahino in this resepect (aside from price being cheaper)?

Again, what does Ings have that Berahino does not (aside price being cheaper)?

Again, would Berahino work better or worse than Ings (or even Rodriguez) in our current set-up?

It's not about being a target man as such, it's about having some ability to hold the ball up against big, physical centre halves. Kane has this attribute, Ings does not.

Signing Ings is fine if the club see him as a left wing forward or a number 10. However we will still need a number 9 to share the burden with Kane (remember also that Kane can drop back into the number 10 role).

from what ive seen of Ings thats exactly what he has shown, more this than any goalscoring prowess thats for sure.

I'd be delighted with that. All hardworking, intelligent, technical and physical players.

Will hopefully only cost about £13m combined too.

Fending off Liverpool will be the big challenge though.

Think Pool is going to spunk stupid money on Ings ...

Prefer Austin to Ings.. like Ings only because he is a free transfer isn't he.

yeah im sure Levy would rather pay 5 mill for Ings than 15-25 mill for any one of Austin, Berahino or Benteke.

I like Ings certainly but I like Benteke better. I think he could both play instead of and deputise for Kane better than Ings could.

Benteke is too static again for our system. He only really works for a team that plays on the break.

There's also no way Levy is going to pay £20m for someone to understudy Kane. Benteke apparently has a lot less professional attitude than Ings (re likely to be getting limited game time)

Benteke is too static again for our system. He only really works for a team that plays on the break.

There's also no way Levy is going to pay £20m for someone to understudy Kane. Benteke apparently has a lot less professional attitude than Ings (re likely to be getting limited game time)

Source?

Without a doubt we do, I would really like to see Benteke come ( but we may have missed the boat on him) Ings would be cheaper though and I would have no worrys if he is the one.

Back