• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Yeah like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich

They're run like Disneyland…Bayern is the exception I'll grant you, but they have the core wealth to start with in their infrastructure. You criticize the way we're run, but we gained a left-back which now gives us two for a midfielder we didn't need/where we are overstocked. Good business.

The visionary wasn't Poch, it was Cortese.
He is the man I would like to see on the Board taking the strain from Levy.
After he fell out with the heir to the Liebherr empire and left, many like Poch and Louvren lost faith.
Saints fan at work gutted at the thought of not "being able to dream" as players being sold. Imagine how we felt when we lost Bale?
Only worse for them.
Whoops way ahead of me...sorry!

We are run like a business, basically we've put 4 employees on 45 day consultation of redundancy, if we decide to keep them we will all be moaning about lack of effort next season

Run like a football club

How would a properly run football club deal with having a (new) manager that thinks some players should be upgraded on, but hasn't yet gotten the replacements in or good enough bids for the players that he's looking to upgrade on?

What is your solution?

The visionary wasn't Poch, it was Cortese.
He is the man I would like to see on the Board taking the strain from Levy.
After he fell out with the heir to the Liebherr empire and left, many like Poch and Louvren lost faith.
Saints fan at work gutted at the thought of not "being able to dream" as players being sold. Imagine how we felt when we lost Bale?
Only worse for them.

As soon as he had the chance that visionary went for Poch though. Risking a potentially rather humiliating failure by sacking the manager that had gotten them consecutive promotions after only months in the Premier League and slightly above relegation form results.

I agree that Cortese seems like an excellent chairman/executive. But none of the players I've seen quoted have talked about his vision, but plenty have come out and spoken very highly of Poch. Including those that had been at the club for a while.

The Goat said:

The Goat has heard that Schneiderlin and Griezmann are targets, but if they don't come in then it'll be no great disappointment as their roles are adequately filled for now. Also that 2 or 3 defensive players should come in before the season starts. (Although our source didn't say wether that included yesterday's signings or not)

Lamela has been treated like a star and it's given him a real boost. He feels more part of a team and club now and is really excited and driven for the coming season - he really appreciates how much Spurs fans want him to succeed and he wants to return the faith paid in him.

The Goat said:

From a different source to earlier, The Goat has heard that we've bid a couple of times for Schneiderlin. Also that he wants out so the latest bid is likely to be accepted. The number The Goat is hearing is £16m and that it could take a while if they accept.

The Goat's source has also said he's heard nothing about Griezmann and he'd be very surprised if we spent much more if we get Schneiderlin. We've looked at a couple of centre backs but no names were offered up.

The Goat said:

The Goat has heard that Schneiderlin and Griezmann are targets, but if they don't come in then it'll be no great disappointment as their roles are adequately filled for now. Also that 2 or 3 defensive players should come in before the season starts. (Although our source didn't say wether that included yesterday's signings or not)

Lamela has been treated like a star and it's given him a real boost. He feels more part of a team and club now and is really excited and driven for the coming season - he really appreciates how much Spurs fans want him to succeed and he wants to return the faith paid in him.

I would be more than happy with Schneiderlin and a CB after watching Lennon, Eriksen and Lamela last night.

They're run like Disneyland…Bayern is the exception I'll grant you, but they have the core wealth to start with in their infrastructure. You criticize the way we're run, but we gained a left-back which now gives us two for a midfielder we didn't need/where we are overstocked. Good business.

On the flop side they may not have recovered from bankruptcy. I know what I'd prefer.

The Goat said:

Which is what he basically told me in a 2 min chat recently

I must have missed you mentioning that. When did you meet him? How did he seem?

In Sushi Samba, I was with my GF, he walked by, so before he started eating I just went over and said to him hope he does really well, all the fans want him to do well etc etc, he replied back saying how thankful he was for all the support he got and how excited and looking forward to the season he was

Top lad, very humble, never wanted a player to do as well as I do him

In Sushi Samba, I was with my GF, he walked by, so before he started eating I just went over and said to him hope he does really well, all the fans want him to do well etc etc, he replied back saying how thankful he was for all the support he got and how excited and looking forward to the season he was

Top lad, very humble, never wanted a player to do as well as I do him
Nice one. How was his English?

Spoke to Lamela myself at the open training session in Toronto.

Very soft spoken, no language issue that I could pick up on.

That's good news. Other than being stalked by web weirdos ;) hopefully he won't have any settling in issues this season

The Goat said:

Lamela has been treated like a star and it's given him a real boost. He feels more part of a team and club now and is really excited and driven for the coming season
- he really appreciates how much Spurs fans want him to succeed and he wants to return the faith paid in him.

Wonderful. The arrival of Pochettino to a squad containing a Lamela even more determined to succeed could just turn out to be a superb confluence.
If he mixes humility with confidence then his talent could have the best possible stage to flourish if Pochettino really is making him a main man.

Kaboul'sForehead on SC:

As mentioned earlier, nothing groundbreaking but something for punters to mull over and maybe get ****y over towards Chelsea fans.

So my ex missus had a housemate who I knew well who regularly waitresses for the spurs boardroom. She was there for several years and grew accustomed to her being there and openly talked about all sorts of things in front of her and, often, to her. Apparently chairmen of different clubs actually meet regularly to discuss various things, which I guess makes sense.

However, Abramovich has a LIFETIME ban from the Spurs boardroom because he refused to obey one of Daniel Levy's strict but simple rules: that EVERYONE must wear a tie. It's just a a lovely bit of info as our little bald guy has basically stuck his middle finger up and told an insanely powerful Russian [likely] criminal to do one. Bit of a David and Goliath story I guess.

He was/is a complete **** who flouted all basic etiquette and arrogantly walked around and was rude in our boardroom like it was his own apparently.

Also, a massive reason for Redknapp and Levy & his boardroom falling out was that whenever Spurs lost, Redknapp would talk to the media and then storm off home. He would outright refuse to talk to the board and often his own team regarding the defeat.

Edit: ahhhhh **** I forgot to say the funniest thing about it!! Levy tried to make him wear a tie with the Spurs crest on when he turned up without one haha!!!!

Back