• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

iPhone 5 - to be announced today

only been a couple of days but my 4s battery life seems better on ios6

might be that you have an app thats now allowed to run in the background that wasn't before?

How do you mean run in the background? In what settings menu? Im quite tech aware and have turned off everything i can think of....

do you have any apps that either upload or download data in the background, like a podcast app or photo app or something

if the 3g is getting used the battery will decrease quicker

photostream might still be downloading or you might have an app stuck downloading

i'd try using the switcher to close down all apps then reboot the phone

also is it warmer than normal, that normally a sign that the processor is working hard

Just reading the paper to see the front page splashed with people queuing outside the store (some have done for over a week) just to get a phone on release day.

Seriously, how fudging sad can you get? IT'S ONLY A fudging PHONE!!!!! Some people amaze me.

Just reading the paper to see the front page splashed with people queuing outside the store (some have done for over a week) just to get a phone on release day.

Seriously, how fudging sad can you get? IT'S ONLY A fudging PHONE!!!!! Some people amaze me.

I know someone who bunked school for 3 days to camp outside the Apple store on Regent Street for the iPad 3. He was 4th in the queue and sold his place in the queue for £300 and consequently moved to 19th.

His pictures then ended up in national newspapers. A teacher saw it and he got detention for 2 weeks because of it.

do you have any apps that either upload or download data in the background, like a podcast app or photo app or something

if the 3g is getting used the battery will decrease quicker

photostream might still be downloading or you might have an app stuck downloading

i'd try using the switcher to close down all apps then reboot the phone

also is it warmer than normal, that normally a sign that the processor is working hard

Tried all that but have moticed some app settings had changed with the update. I will report back tomorrow.

Especially when I had mine shipped to my house. Honestly don't understand the whole waiting in line phenomenon. I remember when people were scrambling to get the Wii, but that was a product in short supply.

So far, phone's been pretty good but I never owned an older iPhone so I don't have a point of reference. I called someone, it worked, very impressed ;)

Tom Tom/iOS6 maps suck absolute donkey ****. No businesses or pubs/restaurants on the map and when I went to search one of the best local pubs in the area it wouldn't come up under searches on its name, pubs or restaurants. Doesn't give me any confidence for whe I actually do need it. Looks like I'll be using google maps in safari.

I tried the iPhone 5 out today and to me I don't see how it's much better than the 4S. No massive differences.

I tried the iPhone 5 out today and to me I don't see how it's much better than the 4S. No massive differences.

That's what people have been complaining about hasn't it. Not really anything new, just upgraded it. Evolution instead of revolution and all that. Not that there's anything wrong with that but apple usually pulls something out of their hat that has everyone else reeling to make something similar. As that didn't happen it automaticly doesen't stand out like the previouly models did.

But still, it's probably a really good and well made phone that will sell millions upon millions.

What can you really expect? A good product has to get the concept right to start with and refine it in the next few versions. They can add major improvements during the refinement stage. By the time it gets to version five (or is it 6?), they've either got it right, in which case there can only be minor improvements, or they haven't, in which case no one will want to buy it.

Well it's funny how this iPhone is hardly different from the last, and yet will still be the most sold iPhone yet. Shows what I'm saying about fan boys slowing down technology.

253135_10151077699871728_1090000296_n.jpg

"Please, Google, come back!"

Well it's funny how this iPhone is hardly different from the last, and yet will still be the most sold iPhone yet. Shows what I'm saying about fan boys slowing down technology.

No, it really doesn't. As someone who works in the industry, apple have advanced it rapidly. I have worked with apple and they are painful to work with, but I can assure you there is plenty more to come from them in the future.

What exactly are you expecting ?

Apple release 1 phone a year so that people who need a new phone at that time can get a new one. If someone chooses to buy the new phone even though they are not due an upgrade, so what ? It is something excessively used by most people so having a new one that works well with newer hardware and software makes sense. For those that dont want to upgrade, they still have a brilliant phone. Even my old 3GS is still a great phone to use as a backup phone.

Each iPhone that is released now will not be rapidly different, why would it be ? why should it be ? It is just about updating the hardware and adding a few features. Far more likely to have advances in technology if you build on what you have, rather than scrapping that and building a completely new phone each time. And the more people that buy the phone, the more money in the pot to spend on developing these big advances that you want. I get the impression you are fairly young as your expectations are a little unrealistic.

Back