• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38014321

This is pathetic, I don't think we have performed well but turning that into making all the players miserable and having no team spirit, pathetic.

I remember when Venables and Robson were panned for giving players time off and they just cut the media down, saying they were ok with it so there. Now the FA jumps and slaughters its own players for being drunk in the team hotel on a night off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38014321

This is pathetic, I don't think we have performed well but turning that into making all the players miserable and having no team spirit, pathetic.

I remember when Venables and Robson were panned for giving players time off and they just cut the media down, saying they were ok with it so there. Now the FA jumps and slaughters its own players for being drunk in the team hotel on a night off.
What is Rooney supposed to have done? All I've read is signing autographs while tinkled, hardly a crime!

drunk.jpg

Drinking every now and then, even during the season, is still nowhere near as bad for him as those cigarettes he inhales in the off season. And I say that as an avid smoker!

It's just an excuse to be able to sack him off without having to blame it on his declining ability/influence - If he was on top form and vital to the England teams future then this wouldn't be an issue whatsoever

Spot on, seems a long time ago the nations hopes sat on his shoulders and the same media were praying he would be fit for big tournaments

the presenter is an extreme knob but give "the magic sponge" podcast a listen - Jimmy Bullard has no filter and if the majority of players are similar now then I would be very surprised. They are undereducated rich 20-30 something's, they are on it as often as they can get away with it.

You could put in the contract no drinking etc. but I imagine you will see a lot of good players going to your rivals who don't.

Back