• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Why is Rose still on the pitch? We are playing an international friendly a few days after he played the full 90 in a competitive game for England. He was carrying a knock coming into the international break and the club who pay his wages do not currently have another fit left back available. He shouldn't have even started tonight's game and if Southgate was that concerned at playing Cresswell from the start then the very least he could've done was take Rose off at half time. If Pochettino ends up going all Alex Ferguson on England then Southgate will only have himself to blame.

I dunno. He was a fearless young player, now he looks scared of his own shadow.

He was also a kid not held in particularly high regard at united... he wasn't one who was being talked about as a player certain to make it.

I'm not saying he is a poor player but maybe, just maybe he isn't the player he has been hyped up to be

In terms of the style of play by England I thought it was poor, but it did work until Dier and Henderson tired. The attacking players (apart from Lallana) were lacking in technique and tactical nous, their pace and athleticism upset the Spanish team, but their lack of control, poor passing and decision making was awful, and allowed them back in the game. I though Stones had his best game for England, still making mistakes but he's probably the best we got.

In terms of the style of play by England I thought it was poor, but it did work until Dier and Henderson tired. The attacking players (apart from Lallana) were lacking in technique and tactical nous, their pace and athleticism upset the Spanish team, but their lack of control, poor passing and decision making was awful, and allowed them back in the game. I though Stones had his best game for England, still making mistakes but he's probably the best we got.
Fairly typical English football really - try and win by being better athletes.

Even a half-arsed Spain would have destroyed that England team.

The point is they didn't, as I said "style" was poor but we did not delude ourselves by trying to play football, we don't have the players to do it against good international teams. I don't want England to be the international Wimbledon but we will do better playing that way until we can produce intelligent technical players. It's easy to say England are brick but no one wants to give up signing average foreign players with experience rather than play young English players. Sub standard players like Lingard and Vardy get picked as there are so few English players in their position. It's a myth that foreign players will improve the standard of our football, we just get more reliant on them to fill the important position in the team and as a consequence do not produce key players. England rely on the clubs producing players for selection and the clubs don't give a f*** it's all about the money.

Why was cresswell in the opposing box in the 90th minute when 2-0 up and why did he just jog back after he lost the ball in that attack that lead to their first goal?

Why was cresswell in the opposing box in the 90th minute when 2-0 up and why did he just jog back after he lost the ball in that attack that lead to their first goal?
It looks bad but for me it was all Rashford there. A bit of good passing from our midfield and the left fully open, Rashford played a terrible ball that gave Cresswell just enough hope that he had to go, if it wasn't his debut he may not have. Literally all of the left ot play a ball into and he played it 30 yards ahead.

That's true, it was a horrendous ball out to him. No excuses for jogging back though, he'd only been on a few minutes so can't have been tired.

Back