• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Bit of a latino clique forming :p

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>After training with <a href="https://twitter.com/C_Ceballos92">@C_Ceballos92</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Iago14bcn">@Iago14bcn</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/R9Soldado">@R9Soldado</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/sandroraniere">@sandroraniere</a> ✌ <a href="http://t.co/TbpTZxr6mw">pic.twitter.com/TbpTZxr6mw</a></p>— Erik Manuel Lamela (@Coco_Lamela) <a href="https://twitter.com/Coco_Lamela/statuses/488665787444785152">July 14, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But where's Joel??

Is he fully fit? He can be as important as Eriksen Poch gets him in the side regularly playing well, which I'm sure he can do.

I can't wait to see what the fu**** journalist, who've all called him a flop even though he's been mostly been out injured, will write when he gets the Player of the Year award come next may!!!

He can be as important as Eriksen Poch gets him in the side regularly playing well, which I'm sure he can do.

I admire your optimism. Missing so much of last season out injured he's barely started to get to grips with the challenge of playing in the EPL. I suspect he'll struggle to justify a starting place for several months yet. I'd even consider loaning him out for the first half of the season if the right club were interested.

I admire your optimism. Missing so much of last season out injured he's barely started to get to grips with the challenge of playing in the EPL. I suspect he'll struggle to justify a starting place for several months yet. I'd even consider loaning him out for the first half of the season if the right club were interested.

Ooo that wont go down well on here!

I do worry about how much he's been built up on here, I think he's got the talent but so many before him who have failed. He has proved nothing in this league yet....

I do worry about how much he's been built up on here, I think he's got the talent but so many before him who have failed. He has proved nothing in this league yet....

I just think we all need to be realistic in our expectations. I'll be ecstatic if we see an in form Lamela during the early part of the season, but I expect it will take much longer for him to put last years lack of fitness/form behind him.

I just think we all need to be realistic in our expectations. I'll be ecstatic if we see an in form Lamela during the early part of the season, but I expect it will take much longer for him to put last years lack of fitness/form behind him.

Agree on your first sentence. The way he's discussed on here you'd think it was a given he will be terrorising defences this season, but we might need to lower expectations for this season at least - despite his obvious talents.

But I dont think he'll be loaned out, and fitness permitting expect he will be a regular in the first team this season....

Agree on your first sentence. The way he's discussed on here you'd think it was a given he will be terrorising defences this season, but we might need to lower expectations for this season at least - despite his obvious talents.

But I dont think he'll be loaned out, and fitness permitting expect he will be a regular in the first team this season....

Loaning out now would be a terrible statement re our confidence in him.

I don't expect him to be tearing it up in the first few months, but I think Poch has to give him all the preseason and cup games he can, to get him to adapt quickly.

He could be a key 2nd half of season player for us.

I'm expecting him to start the season well, there is no reason he shouldn't. He has had a year to aclimitise to England, I'm sure he is settled off the pitch, there should be no distractions so he can fully concentrate on the football

A full pre season, fellow argie as a boss, absolutely everything is in place.

I worry how people seem to view Lamela as some kid we took a punt on from a faraway land. He's been followed by the biggest clubs in the world since he was a teenager, he's viewed as one of the best talents to have ever come through River Plate's academy, he was signed by Roma for big bucks at the age of 19 and up until a year ago he was thought of as a potential top 5 player in the world after a fantastic season in Serie A. Now one year and a whole three Premier League starts later, we want to send him out on loan to "earn his Spurs?". It was a massive coup for us to sign him, he's a massive talent and we should play him from day one next season, no ****ing about.

I worry how people seem to view Lamela as some kid we took a punt on from a faraway land. He's been followed by the biggest clubs in the world since he was a teenager, he's viewed as one of the best talents to have ever come through River Plate's academy, he was signed by Roma for big bucks at the age of 19 and up until a year ago he was thought of as a potential top 5 player in the world after a fantastic season in Serie A. Now one year and a whole three Premier League starts later, we want to send him out on loan to "earn his Spurs?". It was a massive coup for us to sign him, he's a massive talent and we should play him from day one next season, no ****ing about.

=D>=D> well said.

Lamela will be like a brand new signing this season.

You have to think Poch will

i think somewhere between the two is right - we shouldn't expect the world from him straight away - plenty of good players have struggled to return from such a lengthy lay off, however he was signed as a first team regular with a big reputation so you would expect to see that come through the more he plays

For all the plaudits, he is 21. Has hardly played in the UK. We need to be patient. It may take him a couple of months to feel his way in. I have faith in Poch to help the transition. Setup a good system, where players don't need to think too much - just play their game. But we have to be patient, give Lamela some space to fu ck up now and again.

I don't think people really realise just how good he was for Roma the season we signed him. Probably because Italian football just doesn't get shown on UK television anymore, but I watch a lot of it as a lot of my mates are italian and get pirate italian sky.

Lamela has almost limitless potential. He was talked about as a 12 year old and there's a video of him on transworld sport. At every age group he's been the best all the way through his development and then after a slow start at Roma in his second season he destroyed Serie A.

That's the key as well, his initial move to Roma for massive money for an untried 19 year old (around £15m), started slowly. Apparently Spurs bought him expecting him to take at least 6 months to do anything. Unfortunately I felt AVB was bad for his development as I don't think he was fully bought into the purchase and didn't give him enough Premiership game time.

I thought Sherwood was going to be good for him as he started him in his first game away to Southampton, but then he got his bad injury which prevented him from playing.

[video=youtube;zBe1jYg96mk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBe1jYg96mk[/video]

Can't wait for the new chapter.

Back