• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

I'm not expecting him to start brilliantly. He may be settled off the pitch now and more comfortable in this country, but on the pitch he's had no time.

As with many things in football confidence plays a big part. A good preseason is critical really. Hopefully it goes well for him and his self belief returns. At least he seems to have integrated well with the spurs Latino community ;)

He looked like he really wanted the ball against Seattle, maybe tried doing a bit much with it at times, obviously keen to impress which is reassuring to see.

My wife came with me to the game - she doesn't know much about the players these days but played college soccer at one time. Anyway my point is that she was very impressed with Lamela, she loved how he showed for the ball and was light on his feet "he's like a gazelle"

Anyone else notice that when we played out of our end - Poch was screaming for holtby to come back to the RB spot and push Naughton all the way up? Really seemed he wanted Lewis to be the one bringing it up.

I only watched the first half last night, but I thought his movement and composure were excellent. Two well taken goals against average opposition of course but even so that type of movement and finishing would hurt most PL teams.

Let's not get too attached to the young lad has a poor season he'll be back to Italy or even Argentina has a good season which we are all hoping for levy will get greedy as usual and sell to Madrid or barca.

Let's not get too attached to the young lad has a poor season he'll be back to Italy or even Argentina has a good season which we are all hoping for levy will get greedy as usual and sell to Madrid or barca.
:terry: It's better to have loved and lost, or some such ********, Whoop.

Cheer up old boy :)

The guy looked a class above. Two superb finishes too, reminiscent to sort of finished that we witnessed Bale do when he played on the left.. Can't wait for the new season at all, we have someone special and I've seen first hand live.

The guy looked a class above. Two superb finishes too, reminiscent to sort of finished that we witnessed Bale do when he played on the left.. Can't wait for the new season at all, we have someone special and I've seen first hand live.

the freedom and space is what he needed that poch's system provides. i felt privileged to have tracked Bale's career to superstardom; expecting this to turn out the same way.

the freedom and space is what he needed that poch's system provides. i felt privileged to have tracked Bale's career to superstardom; expecting this to turn out the same way.

Him, Eriksen and Lennon were causing all sorts by moving around . Just shows you what a bit of movement can actually do.

As with many things in football confidence plays a big part. A good preseason is critical really. Hopefully it goes well for him and his self belief returns. At least he seems to have integrated well with the spurs Latino community ;)

I'm thinking that two goals will have helped him immensely in this respect. His confidence level must have taken a huge hit last year. Going from riding on a wave at Roma to being labelled a flop will certainly do that, particularly given his tender years.

So he played well today?

I didnt see the game personally but is there a chance that what he did could transfer over to the premier league that i would imagine is very quick paced?

So he played well today?

I didnt see the game personally but is there a chance that what he did could transfer over to the premier league that i would imagine is very quick paced?

Only time will tell but he did look very good in the early hours of this morning. But it was only pre season

He really wanted to get on the ball. I think at one point he took the ball off capoue's or lennon's feet.
Once he's settled and comfortable with Poch's new system, I can really see him being a nuisance for defenders. If he (and the others leading the line) can consistently get defenders to second-guess themselves, there should be lots of chances created. I think Lamela will be unpredictable and a nightmare for defenders.

So he played well today?

[video=youtube;_1yMkv6-GII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1yMkv6-GII[/video]

So he played well today?

I think so, yes. Him and Lennon looked very, very good. As quick in thought as in feet. I think he'll be excellent this season.

Back