• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

his pass for son when he was offside was great and strange we had Eriksens one before when Kane got injured which was a sublime pass too

There were a few times today when he got the ball and should have ran with it straight at them. One was just before Eriksen did just that and win a free kick and my nephew and bro in law raised it then... why didn’t he try that?

He had a good game though so that’s minor nit picking

That's a couple of times in the last few games he's went by players, hoping he's getting a bit more like the player we seen at Roma.
Desperately wants a goal, you can see hard he's working to get into goal scoring positions.

But it is always been as a support, he looks a bit more willing to run beyond the front man.
Like dele and son.
After dele berating game him today I think we all know son isn't going to pass if there's even a sniff of him scoring. The form he's having got who can really blame him.

Good/ great players continue doing the same good things regardless of form and i think son is a testament too him.

Watched the highlights and have to say he was quite impressive, maybe, just maybe I was a tad harsh in my appraisal of the young man!
For a one legged footballer he ant too bad.......

He plays safe way too often

If you ever saw him play at Roma he was running and driving with the ball abs had plenty of shots

That was against typical Italian defences

The player we see now is IMO a safety first player and people talk about his defensive side more which is crazy considering the attacking talent he has had

Reading this, I was just put in mind of Lennon. Always felt, as good as he was, there was more from him.

He got an assist on Saturday, from a position I thought he should have shot from, which seems to illustrate!

Watched the highlights and have to say he was quite impressive, maybe, just maybe I was a tad harsh in my appraisal of the young man!
For a one legged footballer he ant too bad.......

... what's more concerning is that you have now changed your appraisal after watching highlights

Reading this, I was just put in mind of Lennon. Always felt, as good as he was, there was more from him.

Interesting comparison, and I completely agree, and both because of the player they were/promised to be younger

- Early Lennon got you on your feet every time he touched the ball, went pass players consistently
- Lamela of Roma is a vastly more threatening player than the version we have now

The Lamela of today has the insane work rate, always in the opponents face, lots of movement, capable of interesting release balls. What he is lacking is the final threat.

Erikson, Son, Dele will all end the season with 10+ goals, Lamela needs to be in that group.

Thats the catch, its obvious he has it in him - much like Lennon - so it becomes a little frustrating when you dont see it realised.

If he could add a few goals to his game he would be an absolute monster!

Indeed, he is very capable but needs more confidence from more minutes on the pitch with good players in good situations with good results.

I was pleased with Dele's goal yesterday which came from an Aurier cross from a quick release from Son from a quick RIGHT FOOTED pass from Lamela - this will give him confidence to use his right foot.

Actually now I think about it, the second was from a cross (the Son volley) and the fourth was from a cross (the Aurier header). Good crosses, pinpoint.

And thinking deeper, the third goal was from that idea I raised a few months ago... giving the opposition a freekick in the centre circle. Let them push men forwards into the box... then if they lose the ball we are free on goal.

You Luddites said it was a bad idea... but look at you all on Sunday cheering and grinning and not one of you drove round my house to deliver a crate of beer

Indeed, he is very capable but needs more confidence from more minutes on the pitch with good players in good situations with good results.

I was pleased with Dele's goal yesterday which came from an Aurier cross from a quick release from Son from a quick RIGHT FOOTED pass from Lamela - this will give him confidence to use his right foot.

Actually now I think about it, the second was from a cross (the Son volley) and the fourth was from a cross (the Aurier header). Good crosses, pinpoint.

And thinking deeper, the third goal was from that idea I raised a few months ago... giving the opposition a freekick in the centre circle. Let them push men forwards into the box... then if they lose the ball we are free on goal.

You Luddites said it was a bad idea... but look at you all on Sunday cheering and grinning and not one of you drove round my house to deliver a crate of beer
Needs to be a bit more decisive in and around the box. I know others get criticized from time to time for being selfish, but there's a benefit to being a bit single minded sometimes in those situations. There's not always time to look for the best option. Lamela seems to get brushed off the ball at times taking a touch and looking and.

As for the third goal. Yes, when they're chasing the game late on they push up and take risks in those situations. Would you expect Bournemouth to do the same at 1-0 or even 1-1 with plenty of time left on the clock. I certainly wouldn't.

Back