• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I have no issue son, or any of our players.
I will defend them all against undue criticism and that is exactly what lamela is getting FOR LAST NIGHT.
It's pathetic tbh the way he has been spacegoated. This defeat was not down to lamela, yet reading this you would think he missed a barrel load of open goals, gave away cheap goals at the other end, tinkled on the shirt and shagged the badger.
The truth is lamela is somewhere between the hyperbole of 789spurs and the ridicule he receives from others.

I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of our goals, I follow spurs, not an individual player. And I'm not trawling through the last 4 seasons looking for examples for you to move the goalposts or add caveats.

The only thing I see hi being called out for form last night was not reacting to Kanes header

I’ve been pulling him up to weeks on his lack of effectiveness against defensive sides gene my issue with him being brought on last night
When we needed Rose or Moura IMO

The only thing I see hi being called out for form last night was not reacting to Kanes header

I’ve been pulling him up to weeks on his lack of effectiveness against defensive sides gene my issue with him being brought on last night
When we needed Rose or Moura IMO

I totally agree, moura for son would have logical. Can only think moura isn t ready.

One thing I do think is that they wouldn't that physical crap with lamela. He would have given as good as he got.

I totally agree, moura for son would have logical. Can only think moura isn t ready.

One thing I do think is that they wouldn't that physical crap with lamela. He would have given as good as he got.

No I meant moura instead of lamela however seeing the state son was in watching the highlights he could easily have gone off

But the comment about him being ready is valid but also bonkers. He would have been needed for 20 minutes through to maybe an additional 30 mins... surely he would be fit enough for that

He's more physical than Son but he's also a bit reckless at times. We saw how they were trying to wind up Alli, they probably would have done the same with Lamela.

No I meant moura instead of lamela however seeing the state son was in watching the highlights he could easily have gone off

But the comment about him being ready is valid but also bonkers. He would have been needed for 20 minutes through to maybe an additional 30 mins... surely he would be fit enough for that

I think son was knackered though, he ran his arse off and they kicked lumps out them.
He'd given everything and was spent.
Not a critique of poch, but I would have swapped moura for son, wanyama for dier (who I thought done well but was struggling with his movement after the assault), pulled eriksen back a bit and taken dembele off and moved lamela up deside Dele.
The first and crucial goal came from their treatment of son. He wasn't fit to cover Davies. 100% not sons fault, just a conseqence of their fouling.

He's more physical than Son but he's also a bit reckless at times. We saw how they were trying to wind up Alli, they probably would have done the same with Lamela.

Very true, but unlike Dele and like the juve players he seems to know where the line is and how not to cross. Or if does not to get caught doing it.

I think son was knackered though, he ran his arse off and they kicked lumps out them.
He'd given everything and was spent.
Not a critique of poch, but I would have swapped moura for son, wanyama for dier (who I thought done well but was struggling with his movement after the assault), pulled eriksen back a bit and taken dembele off and moved lamela up deside Dele.
The first and crucial goal came from their treatment of son. He wasn't fit to cover Davies. 400% not sons fault, just a of their fouling.

Yeah agreed

He was on the bench, theres no way he wasnt able to come on for 20 minutes.

And, personally, Id have preferred him. That bit quicker, more direct, if anyone was going to make something happen it was someone like him.

Going back to Lamela for a sec, I did a Squawka (sounds dodgy) on some attacking stats that we've been hotly debating in this thread.

I did it per 90 mins as he's often a sub and i just focused on the premier league. It makes for some interesting reading...

He can't score for brick it seems but he stacks up pretty well against our other players, going by these numbers.

Now you may not believe the stats, or choose to interpret them along with other empirical evidence. But the point of this is to provide some figures to either prove or disprove whatever position you happen to hold.

Enjoy peeps!

upload_2018-3-9_14-16-51.png

Thanks, could you also do it for the last time Erik played a decent run of games e.g. last year or whenever it was, just for interest (as he is still so stale this year, coming back from injury)

Well he now pretty much a 1 in 2 scorer

Kane is a goal a game man

Eriksen-sen-sen was creating a goal every 150 minutes roughly but that has dropped

Not complaining, just I seemed to think his assist record was way better. I had it as a goal or assist at least every 2 games. Maybe he's assisting the assister, or maybe I'm getting old and confused!

I don’t know why people think Son would be an assist machine? He is very direct and constantly looks to shoot. Yes a few times he goes on the outside and crosses but majority he cuts inside from either wing and shoots. He’s been shouted at a few times from teammates for not passing....

Not complaining, just I seemed to think his assist record was way better. I had it as a goal or assist at least every 2 games. Maybe he's assisting the assister, or maybe I'm getting old and confused!

I think (not obvious form how they work that out) that an assist to the assister would be a key pass

I don’t know why people think Son would be an assist machine? He is very direct and constantly looks to shoot. Yes a few times he goes on the outside and crosses but majority he cuts inside from either wing and shoots. He’s been shouted at a few times from teammates for not passing....

Don't if I'm imagining it but his first season I certainly seem to remember him hitting the by line and pulling it back much more.

Back