• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Don't if I'm imagining it but his first season I certainly seem to remember him hitting the by line and pulling it back much more.
You could be right, I can’t remember. But I think his game and role in the team has changed since then - after Kane he’s probably the guy we rely on the most for a goal since Dele doesn’t score anymore....

You could be right, I can’t remember. But I think his game and role in the team has changed since then - after Kane he’s probably the guy we rely on the most for a goal since Dele doesn’t score anymore....

Yeah I think Dele role has changed slightly this year so maybe that's it.

Lamela's lack of confidence to score goals for us is really puzzling as he was scoring regularly for Roma. He also scored this brilliant long range goal against Inter Milan in pre-season friendly last season.

It was one of the best long range goals scored by any Spurs player in recent years. Not sure why he doesn't even try any long range shots for us in the league.

Lamela's lack of confidence to score goals for us is really puzzling as he was scoring regularly for Roma. He also scored this brilliant long range goal against Inter Milan in pre-season friendly last season.

It was one of the best long range goals scored by any Spurs player in recent years. Not sure why he doesn't even try any long range shots for us in the league.

You have to got it first time in this league as you don’t get time on the ball or space like that generally

Last edited:
Last season was really strange and full of incidents for Lamela. He scored the wonder goal against Inter Milan in the pre-season, then scored our first league goal of the season against Everton, then gave away the penalty against Liverpool, then fought with Son to take the penalty against ManCity which he later missed, then got injured against Liverpool in the League Cup and missed the rest of the season. He still has not get back his best form this season and it might cost him the place in the Argentina World Cup squad.

His goal against Burnley from outside the box before he got injured was great....
Yes it was
I remember that goal and saying (as someone who had been underwhelmed by him up until that point) maybe this is the goal that will enable him to kick on. For such a one footed player my minimum expectation was that he'd be able to cut in and hit shots with it, even when the opposition know what he's going to do - but he doesn't seem have the confidence to even do that anymore.

I remember that goal and saying (as someone who had been underwhelmed by him up until that point) maybe this is the goal that will enable him to kick on. For such a one footed player my minimum expectation was that he'd be able to cut in and hit shots with it, even when the opposition know what he's going to do - but he doesn't seem have the confidence to even do that anymore.

He plays safe way too often

If you ever saw him play at Roma he was running and driving with the ball abs had plenty of shots

That was against typical Italian defences

The player we see now is IMO a safety first player and people talk about his defensive side more which is crazy considering the attacking talent he has had

That was a good performance from Erik, wasn't it? A lot more involved offensively and as usual working his socks off. And no yellow for once!
thought he did very well and hugely impacted the game. Great in tight areas, although he’s so one footed it scares me..need some rabonas now, overdue.

That was a good performance from Erik, wasn't it? A lot more involved offensively and as usual working his socks off. And no yellow for once!

Nothing spectacular but a good, solid performance yes. Unfortunate for him that the rest of the midfield are playing at such a high level that he can’t force his way back into the team, except Alli who has been good but not quite at his best. Not to mention Moura is chomping at the bit to get a start in the league.

Too bloody one footed! Keeps turning to left 270 degrees and passing across the opposition defence, the number of times he didn't pass down the right with simple pass to Serge.

Last edited:
Perfect game for lamela
A team that wasn’t sat back and a chance for him to get decent match time
I thought he played well and the ball through to an offside Som was great (first half)

He as you know I think he over complicates our attacks due to his physical restriction.
He has undoubted skill as he showed when he dribbled the ball down the goal line but can only turn one way when under any opposition pressure!

All I remember about his first season was how poor he was. His incredible improvement gives me the same hope for Aurier.

his pass for son when he was offside was great and strange we had Eriksens one before when Kane got injured which was a sublime pass too

There were a few times today when he got the ball and should have ran with it straight at them. One was just before Eriksen did just that and win a free kick and my nephew and bro in law raised it then... why didn’t he try that?

He had a good game though so that’s minor nit picking

Back