• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Not surprised at why some are looking at lamela with a twinkle in their eye.

Does the dirty work and has some real quality.
He's precisely what I mean when I talk about making the unexpected pass or doing something that puts the defence on the wrong foot.

That pass for Eriksen's goal is a reasonably simple one, but what a lot of people won't notice is the timing of it. He delays and delays the pass until the defender who would be in front of Eriksen is out of shape and on the wrong foot. He then has to play the ball very sharply and right into Eriksen's stride because two more defenders are chasing back and will be on him if he has to delay. These are the fractions of a second and the inch or two that make the difference between a goal and a snuffed out chance. When normal players make a simple 5 yard pass they make the pass - it shows up as a successful pass, but it's not the same as what players like Lamela can do.

He's precisely what I mean when I talk about making the unexpected pass or doing something that puts the defence on the wrong foot.

That pass for Eriksen's goal is a reasonably simple one, but what a lot of people won't notice is the timing of it. He delays and delays the pass until the defender who would be in front of Eriksen is out of shape and on the wrong foot. He then has to play the ball very sharply and right into Eriksen's stride because two more defenders are chasing back and will be on him if he has to delay. These are the fractions of a second and the inch or two that make the difference between a goal and a snuffed out chance. When normal players make a simple 5 yard pass they make the pass - it shows up as a successful pass, but it's not the same as what players like Lamela can do.
Just look at ihenacho yesterday, completely messed up a similar break for Leicester with a poor 5 yard pass, then Chelsea went on the attack and scored from it.

Lamela looks like he’s somewhere close to 100% match fit now. Should be very useful going in to the business end of the season.

Some just can't move forward from his big price moniker, and brought into that media bale money flop.

He always tries hard, his style is awkward at times but his touch and finess is there for all to see.

Poch trusts him and that is backed up by his hard work and genuine class to merit him a place in our team. He, like dembele usually kick start the attack with the pass that leads to the assist pass from Eriksen and co.

He has the ability to score more frequently but I think his role is almost a defensive forward that presses and puts the other team on the back foot.

I like his nasty south American style too. The fact that rival supporters, berate him says it all.

I hope he is here to stay for the long term.

There still is something more in him, I really hope he can find it and produce it consistently again.

You see flashes, if he can bring some of the player he was at Roma to the player he is now ...

Find someone that loves you as much as Erik Lamela loves rolling the ball with his foot

Spurs midfielder Erik Lamela really does love a ball roll

We don’t know Erik Lamela.

But we can say, with 100% certainty, what poster was on his wall growing up.

It wasn’t one of Diego Maradona. Neither was it Pablo Aimar. Not even River Plate legend Ariel Ortega.

Nope. A young Lamela grew up with a poster of an unknown foot rolling over a ball.

Honestly, it’s true. Don’t believe us? Just look at the amount of times he rolls his foot over the ball every game.

We’re not the only ones to notice it.

Lamela and a ball roll… name a better duo.

The 26-year-old is back up and running after missing more than a year of football with a hip injury.

He scored in Spurs’ 3-0 FA Cup win against Swansea which takes Mauricio Pochettino’s side to the semi-finals.

The goal featured just the two rolls of the foot, which is quite modest by Lamela’s standards.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/385799/erik-lamela-spurs-ball-roll/

------------------------

Let's hope the long range goal against Swansea will boost Lamela's confidence to score more goals for us.

Find someone that loves you as much as Erik Lamela loves rolling the ball with his foot

Spurs midfielder Erik Lamela really does love a ball roll

We don’t know Erik Lamela.

But we can say, with 400% certainty, what poster was on his wall growing up.

It wasn’t one of Diego Maradona. Neither was it Pablo Aimar. Not even River Plate legend Ariel Ortega.

Nope. A young Lamela grew up with a poster of an unknown foot rolling over a ball.

Honestly, it’s true. Don’t believe us? Just look at the amount of times he rolls his foot over the ball every game.

We’re not the only ones to notice it.

Lamela and a ball roll… name a better duo.

The 26-year-old is back up and running after missing more than a year of football with a hip injury.

He scored in Spurs’ 3-0 FA Cup win against Swansea which takes Mauricio Pochettino’s side to the semi-finals.

The goal featured just the two rolls of the foot, which is quite modest by Lamela’s standards.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/news-gossip/385799/erik-lamela-spurs-ball-roll/

------------------------

Let's hope the long range goal against Swansea will boost Lamela's confidence to score more goals for us.
Who doesn't love a ball roll?

Got a strong feeling Lamela is going to play an important role in our season defining April. He's looking completely match fit, confident and with Kane out he knows we need him to step up. Plus he's going to be desperate to make himself known to the Argie coach for the World Cup squad.

Argentina are making a strong case for Lamela to be recalled to the fold asap. This is brutal stuff

Very much an experiment for Argentina tonight imo, I’d be very very surprised if the three behind Higuain in the first WC game is anything other than Messi, Dybala and Lamela.

Argentina are making a strong case for Lamela to be recalled to the fold asap. This is brutal stuff
That starting 11 was mediocre at best. I doubt more than 4 of them will be in the starting 11 in Russia. But still, shipping 6 goals is shocking, even vs Spain.

Probably a good thing he's had 2 weeks rest, same with Moura. Nice and rested, some good training (though I saw it looks like they were all given a few days off) as well.

Back