• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Now you see why we should start Lamela in big games. We were brilliant against Juventus in the first leg when Lamela started. But we were too soft in the second leg. The others simply go missing in big matches. We would have overcome Juventus if we had started Lamela instead of Son or Alli. Son scored but we didn't need to score to progress. We only needed to stop Juventus scoring which we failed to do. By the time Lamela came on, with only 15 mins to go, the game were already lost.
WTF
Are you on something ...
Have you ever watched a game ??
Have you ever played a real game??
Not sure how lamela would have stopped them scoring those goals and you can’t just shut out one the best sides in the world

Eriksen wasn’t outstanding,he didn’t have enough of the ball to be in that bracket but my point wasn’t to dig him out - was to highlight the difficulty in creatung when Juve went into such defensive mode.

I just think it’s wrong for you to call out Lamela like that, they are masters at sitting back on a lead - there was sod all space for us to create and manoeuvre in the way that we can and like to, the problem wasn’t Lamela at all. You give me one example of where he should have played a creative pass - every time he picked up the ball there was nothing on, no runners in behind the defence because they wasn’t allowed to. should have brought on who we wanted it wouldn’t of changed things, Moura wouldn’t of had the space to dribble etc

They had 5 players booked to run at... players who spent most of the game fouling. You have a go at them not by by passing sideways and backwards

Lamella tried 2 passes forward and they were literally on the edge of the area and straight at juves back 8

He also didn’t put in once cross that I could remember

It’s isnt His fault we lost, he’ll he wasn’t on the pitch when we conceded but he didn’t offer anything when he came on which is my issue

Both subs came on and had zero impact

They had 5 players booked to run at... players who spent most of the game fouling. You have a go at them not by by passing sideways and backwards

Lamella tried 2 passes forward and they were literally on the edge of the area and straight at juves back 8

He also didn’t put in once cross that I could remember

It’s isnt His fault we lost, he’ll he wasn’t on the pitch when we conceded but he didn’t offer anything when he came on which is my issue

Both subs came on and had zero impact
Lamela is our most forward passing player, arguably more so than Eriksen. There simply wasn’t the space to play such passes, or more importantly the runners. When did Kane, Dele et al make runs behind their defence? I can’t recollect, and it’s because they wasn’t given the opportunity to do so by Juve. It has zero to do with Lamela, you simply have to give credit to Juve....

Lamela is our most forward passing player, arguably more so than Eriksen. There simply wasn’t the space to play such passes, or more importantly the runners. When did Kane, Dele et al make runs behind their defence? I can’t recollect, and it’s because they wasn’t given the opportunity to do so by Juve. It has zero to do with Lamela, you simply have to give credit to Juve....

front line got a bit lazy in the second half, there was a move with Davies, he'd stolen possession high and moved into their half at pace, Son, Kane and I think Eriksen (although it may have been Alli) all ran into the same space, no one moved wide to open a channel for Davies to move into or to receive a pass to feet

Now you see why we should start Lamela in big games. We were brilliant against Juventus in the first leg when Lamela started. But we were too soft in the second leg. The others simply go missing in big matches. We would have overcome Juventus if we had started Lamela instead of Son or Alli. Son scored but we didn't need to score to progress. We only needed to stop Juventus scoring which we failed to do. By the time Lamela came on, with only 15 mins to go, the game were already lost.

Are you actually for real? Seriously! What the fudging fudge?! Your fanboy love for Lamela is beyond embarrassing. Next you will say that the likes of Kane and Son should intentionally stop when through on goal and wait for Lamela to join them in the box so they can give Lamela an easy tap in. The guy can actually do no wrong on your eyes. What about the rebound he should have stuck away when Kane hit the post?

Can't believe I get called out for not being supportive of Lamela but they allow this brick to keep happening i.e. posters peddling the same nonsense that Lamela can literally do no wrong and everyone else is a clam because they score more goals and have more end product than him.

As for the actual game, we lost the game because we switched off for 5 minutes and the best teams in Europe will punish you for this more often than not. Nothing to do with our attacking players.

WTF
Are you on something ...
Have you ever watched a game ??
Have you ever played a real game??
Not sure how lamela would have stopped them scoring those goals and you can’t just shut out one the best sides in the world

Getting beyond a joke now. We all have our favourite players but the guy literally cannot do anything wrong in his eyes and every other Spurs player is a clam for not allowing Lamela to score more goals and get more assists than the rest of the team. We're clearly holding him back. If he played for Barca he'd easily get 50 goals and 60 assists every season.

Saying we would have won the game if Lamela had started. I can just as easily say we would have won the game if Sissoko had started.

Getting beyond a joke now. We all have our favourite players but the guy literally cannot do anything wrong in his eyes and every other Spurs player is a clam for not allowing Lamela to score more goals and get more assists than the rest of the team. We're clearly holding him back. If he played for Barca he'd easily get 50 goals and 60 assists every season.

Saying we would have won the game if Lamela had started. I can just as easily say we would have won the game if Sissoko had started.

I can say who knows if we would have won...
I can also say that lamela would have scored sons goal or stopped their two
I can also say that lamela doesn’t work against packed defences
But their all opinions

I can also say that the amount of weird negative sh1t that is posted by the Robot is unreal. Who writes a programme to spam football forums ...

Erik did all right!
Don't understand all this crap.

OT - Tell you who was excellent, Lichtsteiner when came on, he pulled or knickers down and smacked our bums! Metaphorically!

Are you actually for real? Seriously! What the fudging fudge?! Your fanboy love for Lamela is beyond embarrassing. Next you will say that the likes of Kane and Son should intentionally stop when through on goal and wait for Lamela to join them in the box so they can give Lamela an easy tap in. The guy can actually do no wrong on your eyes. What about the rebound he should have stuck away when Kane hit the post?

Can't believe I get called out for not being supportive of Lamela but they allow this brick to keep happening i.e. posters peddling the same nonsense that Lamela can literally do no wrong and everyone else is a clam because they score more goals and have more end product than him.

As for the actual game, we lost the game because we switched off for 5 minutes and the best teams in Europe will punish you for this more often than not. Nothing to do with our attacking players.

The fan boy love for son is just as bad at times, two fresh air swipes last night at balls that travelled 20 yards at no real pace, he had time to set himself and still fudged them up royally.

I do agree about this guys claims on lamela being farcical though.
If he was half as good as his claims he wouldn't be at spurs.

I think that's something that' been totally missed, son would have been helping out Davies for the goal. But the beating he took was ridiculous.

My video isn’t great but he punched him in the back as clear as

They used every trick to stop us and if worked

Son and Alli weee broken on that pitch

Come on @Spurs7891 you seem to know everything positive Lamela has done

I asked last night when has lamela scored or assisted against bus parkers please? Ideally a key goal or an assist

I can’t remember any but then he has been here a long ish time

The fan boy love for son is just as bad at times, two fresh air swipes last night at balls that travelled 20 yards at no real pace, he had time to set himself and still fudged them up royally.

I do agree about this guys claims on lamela being farcical though.
If he was half as good as his claims he wouldn't be at spurs.

15 goals gives son plenty of breathing space mate

Son can be erratic and rash but he is a real threat and scored goals

The opposition hate him running at them

He's also scored the winner on plenty of occasions against bus parkers as you put it. Prime example was last Saturday against Huddersfield.

It’s basically my main issue with lamela

He is not an impact player, and he is not direct, he doesn’t run with the ball and there all weapons needed against bus Parker’s

We played palace the other week who were set up to not concede. We brought on son an Moura and scored and stretched them

Lamela if he doesn’t start for me he only comes in when we’re ahead as that suits him

15 goals gives son plenty of breathing space mate

Son can be erratic and rash but he is a real threat and scored goals

The opposition hate him running at them

I have no issue son, or any of our players.
I will defend them all against undue criticism and that is exactly what lamela is getting FOR LAST NIGHT.
It's pathetic tbh the way he has been spacegoated. This defeat was not down to lamela, yet reading this you would think he missed a barrel load of open goals, gave away cheap goals at the other end, tinkled on the shirt and shagged the badger.
The truth is lamela is somewhere between the hyperbole of 789spurs and the ridicule he receives from others.

I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of our goals, I follow spurs, not an individual player. And I'm not trawling through the last 4 seasons looking for examples for you to move the goalposts or add caveats.

I have no issue son, or any of our players.
I will defend them all against undue criticism and that is exactly what lamela is getting FOR LAST NIGHT.
It's pathetic tbh the way he has been spacegoated. This defeat was not down to lamela, yet reading this you would think he missed a barrel load of open goals, gave away cheap goals at the other end, tinkled on the shirt and shagged the badger.
The truth is lamela is somewhere between the hyperbole of 789spurs and the ridicule he receives from others.

I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of our goals, I follow spurs, not an individual player. And I'm not trawling through the last 4 seasons looking for examples for you to move the goalposts or add caveats.

Well said. Lamela is becoming a spacegoat and it’s not right. I’d have Son ahead of him right now, maybe Moura too but Lamela is a good option and let’s remember he is not long back from a year out.

Harry missed a very, very presentable chance in the first half, why isn’t he getting grief?

Well said. Lamela is becoming a spacegoat and it’s not right. I’d have Son ahead of him right now, maybe Moura too but Lamela is a good option and let’s remember he is not long back from a year out.

Harry missed a very, very presentable chance in the first half, why isn’t he getting grief?

They all missed chances, other Dele who I thought was our MOTM, indivually I didn't think we were that great going forward. But our team work wad excellent and got us through.

Back