• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

It's clear that he is kicked in the back of the knee. Him getting between VVD and the ball does not make it less of a foul.
In that clip doesn't look clear to me,in fact it looks the opposite that there was no contact until lamella claters into him....but it's only this clip all others show clear contact.

Not going to disagree with anyone's other view on this as I think it was a certain penalty and not going to argue over a crap quality video that I thought showed the opposite.

Eriksen would have put himself in there, but he probably wouldn't have gone to ground. Or if he did, not as theatrically as Coco. Love the guy!
I don't think he would have, they attack and defend in different ways.
Eriksen works his arse off closing down passing lanes, in that situation I think he would have been trying to block the clearance and hope for a lucky break.
I love them both, so different but so similar.

Pleased to see him get 90 minutes, he seems to be getting the rhythm back in his play, he got better the game went on. He'll face bigger challenges in terms of opponents but it was all positive for me.

I really missed seeing Lamela in the team but no doubt he appeared rusty when he's come on. I thought his greatest assets were his pressing and his through-balls. Seems like he needs to readjust to the way we play since he sometimes winds up in strange positions or running very close to other teammates (with or without the ball). His passing was also a bit erratic at times. I just hope he can reach the level he was at before his injury.

I really missed seeing Lamela in the team but no doubt he appeared rusty when he's come on. I thought his greatest assets were his pressing and his through-balls. Seems like he needs to readjust to the way we play since he sometimes winds up in strange positions or running very close to other teammates (with or without the ball). His passing was also a bit erratic at times. I just hope he can reach the level he was at before his injury.

The team is a machine. it takes everyone time to get back into the system, Rose to me had the same issue, not lining up his support, overlap runs, especially early on.

Lamela does make himself available more than any other player, if you look at most breakaways or even when final ball into box is played, a lot of the times he is an open option. The team doesn't use it enough, but that to me is how we make him work for us.

His work rate as always is insane, him, Eriksen and Wanyama in a midfield will run anyone to death.

His work rate as always is insane, him, Eriksen and Wanyama in a midfield will run anyone to death.

I'm not really sure how you would get him and Eriksen in a team if we have everyone available and on similar form. In terms of the options which we have behind Kane, you have (i) Son and Moura who are both quick, direct players who take their opponent on, (ii) eriksen and Lamela who keep the ball moving and link up the midfield and forwards and (iii) Dele who probably gets closest to and beyond Kane and is the most instinctive of the lot. I dont see that, again using the simplifying assumption of everyone available and on same form, you would pick Eriksen, Lamela and [other] to play behind Kane.

Really nice to have options in these positions for once though, and the ability to leave players out every now and then so that they stay fresh without weakening the team substantially

I'm not really sure how you would get him and Eriksen in a team if we have everyone available and on similar form. In terms of the options which we have behind Kane, you have (i) Son and Moura who are both quick, direct players who take their opponent on, (ii) eriksen and Lamela who keep the ball moving and link up the midfield and forwards and (iii) Dele who probably gets closest to and beyond Kane and is the most instinctive of the lot. I dont see that, again using the simplifying assumption of everyone available and on same form, you would pick Eriksen, Lamela and [other] to play behind Kane.

Really nice to have options in these positions for once though, and the ability to leave players out every now and then so that they stay fresh without weakening the team substantially

I don't think it is that unbelievable, the three behind Kane before he got injured was him, Eriksen and Alli. If we are playing that formation, he would currently be a little behind Son in the pecking order but it is hardly inconceivable that he could start Eriksen again. It could be a really good option against teams that sit deep.

Lamela back is great for us and is all we moan about when it comes to signings....strength in numbers.

He is a good player potential do be very good and is still young.

Excited to get him and everyone else back and then add Pace from Moura....we are in very very very good shape

He's into the last year of his contract I think. Would be sensible to get him resigned. He owes us some loyalty after the last couple of years, plus I think he has a big role to play. Makes things happen in attack and defence. Plus he'll be keen to get back into the Argentinian squad for the WC.

He's into the last year of his contract I think. Would be sensible to get him resigned. He owes us some loyalty after the last couple of years, plus I think he has a big role to play. Makes things happen in attack and defence. Plus he'll be keen to get back into the Argentinian squad for the WC.

His contract runs to 2020

It is going to be interesting how Pochettino is going to make use of Lamela and Moura in the team. Our starting 11 have been almost the same for the last 2 years or so and has become very predictable. So maybe Pochettino should start squad rotation to include Lamela and Moura in our starting 11.

Back