• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

VVD and I think it was Robertson both had a big headstart on Lamela in being in situ for the rebound.
I was trying to imagine yesterday the ensuing uproar (even more than is already the case) if Moss had called for Kane to re-take. First a (perceived) offside, followed by a (perceived) dive to win the penalty, 'justice served' by Karius saving the penalty - then Kane scores from the retake (making it goal #100 into the bargain) Merseyside would never have recovered. :D
Shame.
My Black Armband stall on Liverpool market would've done even better business than usual though!

I don’t even think he over acted that much; it's a pretty painful spot to be kicked, especially in full force by a fat clam trying to clear the ball.
And the excuse that Van Lesbian wasn’t looking doesn’t carry much water for me. I know the action is quick, but a GOOD defender will be aware of what’s going on around them. I don’t recall Ledders or Toby or even Verts blindly kicking an opposition player and giving away a penalty like that.

It was really professional the way Lamela won us the crucial penalty against Liverpool. Alli can learn a lot from Lamela on how to win penalties without getting booked for diving. There was only a minimal contact but Lamela made the most from that situation to make the ref and linesman notice it. It was funny the way Lamela was rolling on the floor, making it look as if he had a serious injury.:D

hate to keep this going but the amount of Liverpool fans informing me Lamela being a diver and he has always "dived a lot". Love how they have better knowledge of our own players who they may have seen 2/3 times in their life.

He got a hell of a kick to the back of the leg no matter what other angle makes it look debatable. It is not even a discussion. That brick looks like it hurt.

hate to keep this going but the amount of Liverpool fans informing me Lamela being a diver and he has always "dived a lot". Love how they have better knowledge of our own players who they may have seen 2/3 times in their life.

He got a hell of a kick to the back of the leg no matter what other angle makes it look debatable. It is not even a discussion. That brick looks like it hurt.

Having spent a considerable amount of time watching the likes of Suarez and Gerrard they would know what diving looks like.

And the excuse that Van Lesbian wasn’t looking doesn’t carry much water for me. I know the action is quick, but a GOOD defender will be aware of what’s going on around them. I don’t recall Ledders or Toby or even Verts blindly kicking an opposition player and giving away a penalty like that.
I thought VVD said he did see him and pulled his leg away? Which is obviously a lie anyway (along with his Kane comments) judging by the replays.

It's irrelevant anyway, even if you didn't see him, he still continued thru with his action which was to hoof the ball upfield instead he hoofs Lamela. Obviously not allowed.

Basically he's been blindsided. It happens in sport (look at the Patriots receiver in Sunday's Superbowl), as your concentration and awareness evolves, experience will reduce the likelihood of it happening.

It even happened to our very own Davinson at Swansea when he should have been sent off for a second yellow. Turned to kick the ball out but before he had time to realise it, a player was there that he kicked instead.

It was really professional the way Lamela won us the crucial penalty against Liverpool. Alli can learn a lot from Lamela on how to win penalties without getting booked for diving. There was only a minimal contact but Lamela made the most from that situation to make the ref and linesman notice it. It was funny the way Lamela was rolling on the floor, making it look as if he had a serious injury.:D
Minimal contact? I would love to see how you react to getting booted directly behind the knee like that.

Minimal contact is the Liverpool talking point on this. One step removed from calling camera angles that show the nature of the impact as fake news.

The victims are only using one angle and no the one the lino had

The one they had used makes it look like VVD is pulling off a dance move, but every other angle shows him putting the boot in and also IMO hitting lamella in the back

I can put it simpler... its more of a penalty than the one Llalana won vs Everton

The one they had used makes it look like VVD is pulling off a dance move, but every other angle shows him putting the boot in and also IMO hitting lamella in the back

I can put it simpler... its more of a penalty than the one Llalana won vs Everton

You're absolutely right on this.

However, I can't wait to see the reaction Lamela gets next time he plays at Anfield - he strikes me as a lad who could really handle it. It'd make my year if he scores the winner there the next time or, better skill, actually dives and wins a penalty.

and the dive for Allen against us a few years ago for a brush on the shoulder.

Even the angle the scousers are using shows a foul - you can see VVDs leg rebound off with the conact, such was the force of the would-be clearence

giphy_s.gif

Back