• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Its just good we now have two effective players off the bench for rotation behind Kane with Lamela back and the signing of Moura.

Erik still should have scored twice today. At least hit the target mate.

I’d say Son is almost undroppable the way he has played recently and going back even further over the last 18 months. He is streets ahead of Lamela right now in my opinion.

Lamela has an eye for a pass, should have got an assist with his pass to Alli today. But he’s still erratic in front of goal and doesn’t score enough goals. Yes I know Son missed a great chance today and misses the odd chance but even Kane misses glaring chances as witnessed today. Son is far more clinical than Lamela.

Lamela has to improve his end product in my opinion if he’s going to oust one of Eriksen, Alli or Son.
Also, Lamela can have an average/bad game and people still say “he ran so hard today,he’s so vital to us” whereas people don’t say the same about the other 3 even though they work just as hard as Lamela and have more end product.

Son had a lot of the ball today and mid week and did nothing with it. How times did he delay his cross and let bellend block?
Yes he covers a lot ground but defensively son is not a patch on lamela.
Dont get me wrong, love son, but he's streaky going forward and not great defensively.
Instead of writing on of them off we should rejoice in the fact that we have two very good players to rotate both tactically and for fitness reasons.

Both missed because he is so incredibly one-footed. Both were best taken with the right foot; the first ideally a chip over the keeper, the second a bend into the far post...

Can never understand why a player of that level cannot train himself to use his less-natural foot - as Harry apparently has....

Its just good we now have two effective players off the bench for rotation behind Kane with Lamela back and the signing of Moura.

He did hit the target with one of them, more than Dele or son did.

But hardly ever does, works hard puts in a good shift. But IMHO need to put those type of chances away
Now he's been out a very long time and that must be taken into consideration but he we need to see him produce goals. He is a frustratingly hard watch. He also is so bloody one footed which compounds my frustrations.

Last edited:
Fudge me. So in the last three games he's come on and win a penalty at Anfield. Is Man of the match during the week in FA cup game, comes in today in a one nil win against the Gooners, plays well, creates chances and all this 3 games back after a 14 month lay-off. And there's people in here complaining! Tough crowd huh?!!

Appear quite promising but ultimately sadly disappoints

I’d say Son is almost undroppable the way he has played recently and going back even further over the last 18 months. He is streets ahead of Lamela right now in my opinion.

Lamela has an eye for a pass, should have got an assist with his pass to Alli today. But he’s still erratic in front of goal and doesn’t score enough goals. Yes I know Son missed a great chance today and misses the odd chance but even Kane misses glaring chances as witnessed today. Son is far more clinical than Lamela.

Lamela has to improve his end product in my opinion if he’s going to oust one of Eriksen, Alli or Son.

Also, Lamela can have an average/bad game and people still say “he ran so hard today,he’s so vital to us” whereas people don’t say the same about the other 3 even though they work just as hard as Lamela and have more end product.

I prefer to see it as having two great players, with different attributes, who we can select based on who we are up against.

Son had a lot of the ball today and mid week and did nothing with it. How times did he delay his cross and let bellend block?
Dont get me wrong, love son, but he's streaky going forward and not great defensively.
Instead of writing on of them off we should rejoice in the fact that we have two very good players to rotate both tactically and for fitness reasons.

Granted Son wasn’t great today but I thought he was one of our better players in mid week.

Hmm, I don’t think streaky is accurate anymore. Maybe when we first signed him but he scored 20 goals last season and has been in good goalscoring form this season.

I’m not writing Lamela off, but right now he’s behind Son, Alli and Eriksen in the pecking order. Doesn’t mean it will be that way forever but he needs to improve his end product, like today for example, he missed two great chances but it’s barely got a mention. Wonder if more people would have brought it up had he not had a ruck with Wheelchair? I don’t think anyone who doesn’t make silly OTT statements like “he does more in 40 minutes than anyone else does in 90” is writing him off.

I'm a big fan of Lamela.

He's got a good pass/through ball on him. If Eriksen is ever injured then Lamela would probably be the first name on my team-sheet.

He works hard off the ball and tracks back.

I do like Son too though. I kinda want Son to run like crazy for an hour and then bring Lamela on.

Granted Son wasn’t great today but I thought he was one of our better players in mid week.

Hmm, I don’t think streaky is accurate anymore. Maybe when we first signed him but he scored 20 goals last season and has been in good goalscoring form this season.

I’m not writing Lamela off, but right now he’s behind Son, Alli and Eriksen in the pecking order. Doesn’t mean it will be that way forever but he needs to improve his end product, like today for example, he missed two great chances but it’s barely got a mention. Wonder if more people would have brought it up had he not had a ruck with Wheelchair? I don’t think anyone who doesn’t make silly OTT statements like “he does more in 40 minutes than anyone else does in 90” is writing him off.
Who made the 40/90 comment, that's dumb. There isn't any of our players that don't pull their weight.

Me too, I'm not peeved.
But after the run of games we've had to see players like lamela a Sanchez be critised then some one has to stick up for them.

Sanchez is still learning. So he's fine.
Lamela never looks for me looks like he going to score. Hard to explain.
Is it intent or lack of composure not sure?

I’m surprised Erik is taking any even tepid criticism of his performances since he’s been back. For me he’s playing way beyond frankly a level I ever expected him to get back to again after 13 months out, and he seems determined to show what he can do with the minutes he gets. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him getting some starts in or around the Juve game.

Probably the only player I could see getting in to the XI for the Juve game. He looks fit and seems to mentally be there right now, whilst Son seems to have gone off the boil a little bit (looks tired tbh).

Has he gained an extra yard of pace whilst out for a year? Before the injury he often found space but was always caught up, but the run against Arsenal saw him maintain the distance.

You must all be complaining about the 'unnecessary' yellow card Lamela got today. 3 cards in 322 Premier League minutes!

No? No of course not. People only do that on the really weird Dele Alli thread.

Lamela has been good since coming back. Just think with the likes of Lamela, Rose and Wanyama waiting to come in, we have some ferocious competitors standing by if anybody's level drops.

Have to say that seems an oddly negative take on Son's performance today.

When you're confronted by 11 men behind the ball as we were for much of the time today - especially whilst Son was on the pitch - the one thing you want is someone who will get down the flank and take players on, and that is what Son did time and again.

Agreed he had less end-product than of late but for much of the game he was the one creating the most havoc in and around their box, constantly taking defenders on, playing others in and putting crosses over.

You want posters to offer balance re Lamela, how about doing the same for Son?

Back