• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

This hip thing is getting ridiculous. Even if it resolved now he would need weeks if not months of conditioning to get back to full match fitness.

It would be nice to have an actual diagnosis as opposed to vague statement about hip problems. Is it the joint, cartilage, ligaments, muscle? And can it really hurt so much that he can't play at all. After Ledley managed to turn in some pretty good performances with only one knee.

This hip thing is getting ridiculous. Even if it resolved now he would need weeks if not months of conditioning to get back to full match fitness.

It would be nice to have an actual diagnosis as opposed to vague statement about hip problems. Is it the joint, cartilage, ligaments, muscle? And can it really hurt so much that he can't play at all. After Ledley managed to turn in some pretty good performances with only one knee.

I'm pretty sure the people that need to know have an idea what the problem is and how long it will take.

@JamesMawFFT
When Lamela got injured, Spurs were one point off the top of the league and second in their CL group. Well, good night.

but he's not injured, is he... btw what happened to his girlfriend? when he arrived there were lots of pictures of her, but now its just the dog...

Lamela is an employee of Spurs and as such the company have a duty to treat his medical condition confidential, they may update the world if both sides are happy to do so. When will it dawn on people, fans will only be told what the club wants them to know. That's all I expect and to imagine that if there was a major problem not related to an injury that the club would be telling all and sundry about it is naive.

Lamela is an employee of Spurs and as such the company have a duty to treat his medical condition confidential, they may update the world if both sides are happy to do so. When will it dawn on people, fans will only be told what the club wants them to know. That's all I expect and to imagine that if there was a major problem not related to an injury that the club would be telling all and sundry about it is naive.

Could not agree more, however you know some fans get hysterical unless they are kept up to date with every small thing that happens when a player is out. ;)

@JamesMawFFT
When Lamela got injured, Spurs were one point off the top of the league and second in their CL group. Well, good night.

I'm a huge Lamela fan, but I think because he's so polarizing, people have this weird all or nothing approach with his absence. Either, "it doesn't matter and this proves how weak minded he is" or "we're basically brick without him." Really, it's somewhere in the middle.

The player he reminds me most of is Liverpool's Firmino. He's not the first person opposing managers worry about when the team sheet comes out, but he's an important piece of our squad that can play in a number of positions and has a super versatile skill set that is effective from the start or off the bench. We also don't have anyone quite like him in our squad, as his combination between incredible pressing and incisive passing is something nobody else quite offers.

To me, his prolonged absence has really stretched our squad and removed an impact attacker from the bench (i.e. instead of Son coming on for Lamela. Son is starting and Sissoko is coming on for him). It's also forced us to rely on Dele and Eriksen way, way too much this season, and I really hope we see him back soon.

This is certainly well into strange territory.

However, those who are responsible are handling it - how well may never be clear to us (supporters at large). Bashing gums and demanding to know as of right might be indications of character flaws.

But what do I know?. Who cares what I know?. Does it really matter that much?

Lamela is not in my team thinking until I hear otherwise.

Last edited:
It has been said to me by someone who sees the first team squad regularly as they work home and away with the club that Lamela hasn't actually stepped foot back on our training ground in 2017 despite the vague bulletin from the club stating the opposite. When I pressed for a little bit more information none was forthcoming and the conversation was shut down so how true that is, who knows but it certainly would tie in with the very limited information or lack of pictures of Lamela back at the training ground

It has been said to me by someone who sees the first team squad regularly as they work home and away with the club that Lamela hasn't actually stepped foot back on our training ground in 2017 despite the vague bulletin from the club stating the opposite. When I pressed for a little bit more information none was forthcoming and the conversation was shut down so how true that is, who knows but it certainly would tie in with the very limited information or lack of pictures of Lamela back at the training ground
My pal won a trip during half term to see the squad train and he said Lamela was on his own running laps of the pitch for most of the time he was there

My pal won a trip during half term to see the squad train and he said Lamela was on his own running laps of the pitch for most of the time he was there

Its quite possible the information they received was prior to last week, I saw them earlier this week when it was mentioned so that might account for the crossover.

I have always thought Lamela was not quite worth the fee and was not the outstanding game changer we were hoping for.

But, hell, in this squad he is vital and we have missed him badly. Both as a link with Eriksen and as a potential playmaker instead of Eriksen, which would benefit the team and Eriksen. I.e. motivate Erksen and give some rest.

Back