• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

No he wouldn't, not all of the time. But we'd have a better option from the bench to replace Eriksen than Sissoko or GKN (both of whom Poch clearly doesn't rate thjat much).

Actually I think not having Lamela hurt us in the cups, part because his motivation is never in question, part because he gets a little more time/space, he tends to run some cup games.

Without Eirksen or having an off Eriksen with a rotated squad often hurts us, Lamela can offset some of that.

And as others have said, given the choice of Sissoko/GKN or Lamela coming off the bench when we need something from game, I know which one I would pick

Apparently from Poch's presser today:

Tottenham announced in their squad news on Friday that the player [Lamela] 'continues to work outdoors and is now stepping up his rehabilitation.'

But manger Mauricio Pochettino clarified in a press conference that he had no idea how long the player will be out for.

'I don't want to lie you and give some information that after you use — you are right to use — but I can't say one two weeks three weeks one month or maybe next season, I don't know.

'It's too difficult my position because we are assessing him every day, how he is in the morning, we prepare a plan, sometimes he is involved from the beginning in the warm-up with the team, sometimes he feels pain, we change the plan.

'Now is day by day, we see. We hope he can be available again as soon as possible as that is our idea but we can't give any more information.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...er-Lamela-miss-rest-season.html#ixzz4awoR69O0

And I thought Bale had injury issues... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

The Lamela situation is really frustrating. Just when we thought he would come back soon from injury, Pochettino is now saying he doesn't know if he will be back this season.

glad i was hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

now, how does player insurance work? do we get our transfer monies back? and wages?

Having Sisoko and GKN in the squad are the weakest links.unless by some miracle they become international standard.
This obviously is what our rivals have ..
Internationals! and that is where the problems lie because we have to fall back on these players who are sub standard.
and that's obviously when the side is weakest.
Let's hope Lamela is back soon. Although looks unlikely!

If only we had just another two or so Top players...if only!

Anyway I believe we,re getting there.......two steps Back and three steps forward..LOL.

Having Sisoko and GKN in the squad are the weakest links.unless by some miracle they become international standard.
This obviously is what our rivals have ..
Internationals! and that is where the problems lie because we have to fall back on these players who are sub standard.
and that's obviously when the side is weakest.
Let's hope Lamela is back soon. Although looks unlikely!

If only we had just another two or so Top players...if only!

Anyway I believe we,re getting there.......two steps Back and three steps forward..LOL.

Sissoko has 50 caps for France. International football is pretty brick, but they are one of the better sides. The other guy is still young.

Sissoko has 50 caps for France. International football is pretty brick, but they are one of the better sides. The other guy is still young.

France had a really poor squad for the period after their golden generation won them the home world cup. They have some talented midfielders coming through.

he's never going to play for us again, this "injury" is a sham, sorry to say this, he really contributed after a slow start

50caps! That's surprizing for a player that does not have enough end product. To be fair he has contributed some assist,s.

Would you say Andros Townsend is a better player?
I wonder how he would have fitted in with how we are playing now.
He had some great games for England but somehow flopped with us.
Would or could he have ever fitted in to the present side?
It's a shame about Townsend... A bit of an enigma.

he's never going to play for us again, this "injury" is a sham, sorry to say this, he really contributed after a slow start

I get the same feeling however mine is a bit further than above. Is he ever going to play football again?

Always felt he had the potential to cover for Kane if needed. He's got height, decent shot, skill and can head. Teach him some hold up play and who knows.

Either way he's a fcuking injury crock and it's p!ssing me off hearing nothing but no news about him.

Always felt he had the potential to cover for Kane if needed. He's got height, decent shot, skill and can head. Teach him some hold up play and who knows.

Either way he's a fcuking injury crock and it's p!ssing me off hearing nothing but no news about him.
What are you on about? There's been lots of news lately, just not a specific date on his return.

There's a difference between proper news and photos of him in a new jacket/drinking yerba mate on instagram.

Does anyone even know which body part his injury relates to?

Back