• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I miss lamela too, but let's not place too much emphasis on what one individual could do for this team. We've said the same things when we've been without Kane and dembele. We've done well without all of them. We need a team functioning well, obviously, a single player won't make the difference in that regard. Doesn't matter if lamela is eager and run around a lot if the other 10 doesn't.

Not to mention he's probably our 7th or 8th best player so it's not like he's our most important player. Will be good to have him back all the same.

I think that's because he has a hip injury and he's probably training in a pool or something like King always used to do

there isn't any available evidence to suggest it's anything else

A pretty major injury then, to not even be running this late in the piece and why all the secrecy? The club were very open about Rose and Vertonghen et al.

Does anybody still seriously think he's out due a hip injury?

I'm trying to believe it.

Thinking back to when he disappeared previously (when Sherwood was in charge), that was due to a back problem (?). Both back and hip problems are pretty non-descript and usually hard to factually diagnose, because often they result from a bio-mechanical dysfunction or mis-alignment compounded/aggravated by repetitive use and intense training/activity rather than a single event.

They can take time to correct BUT we have got a wealth of experts at out disposal (Dembele must have a hip man on the go, for instance:)).

Not that you can always tell but Lamela never looked anything but free flowing the way he'd speed around like a gazelle.

And perhaps due to the 'choice' of the type of injury...I think (and is only my opinion) that there is something else going on. Poch is being patient BUT we have always shown Lamela a lot of patience. If there are other reasons then they must be genuine/acceptable otherwise Poch would have black balled him by now.

Your source appears to be someone who tweets about Spurs sometimes.

I was not using that as a source, just shared as it was back in 2014 so not a reaction to recent rumours. So happens I know whats going on but a social media forum is not the place

I was not using that as a source, just shared as it was back in 2014 so not a reaction to recent rumours. So happens I know whats going on but a social media forum is not the place
If there was any truth in that 3 years ago then I'm pretty sure DL and poch would have moved him on by now. It's not as if other clubs having been sniffing (sorry) around him.

Back