• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

When will people realize, Lamela is an absolute failure (worst of the 7), this guy was bought to be our match winner

On his best day now, he is a workhorse that pops up with the occasional assist (7 in a fudgeing season, really?), on most days he is the player that came on vs. Stoke

If Poch really blocked the sale/loan of this guy, he has put his own job at risk, because there are no more excuses and nobody is seeing what he is.

Seriously , I'm curious to know if you viewed Yoof's clip that I commented on ? If you had, I'm sure you'd have realised that my assist comment was, in-cheek-tongue and it were just a little banter at those of you who think Lamela is a satanic donkey :)

Not before they've even turned up for training, no.

Poch can, and probably will, put one or more of them into the team. That's not a decision we can make at this point as we don't see the training sessions.

Right. And we know from past selections, Poch will stick with Dembele at least short term. Who will brought on as a sub? Lamela, Son, NJ...?

Seriously , I'm curious to know if you viewed Yoof's clip that I commented on ? If you had, I'm sure you'd have realised that my assist comment was, in-cheek-tongue and it were just a little banter at those of you who think Lamela is a satanic donkey :)

That is funny mate .. you win

Because Parker played a position that didn't exist in football any more.

He could have been the best in the world at that position, he would still have been surplus to requirements

Irrespective of positional existence or not, if Lamela has been half as effective as Parker wasin his first season, no one would be cursing the 30mill we spent on him....

can anyone explain logically why chadli and ali and mason manage to get into threatening positions and yet lamela cant do that nearly as often?

Irrespective of positional existence or not, if Lamela has been half as effective as Parker wasin his first season, no one would be cursing the 30mill we spent on him....
I do wonder how people see the same matches as me and come out with the opinions they do. If any of our regulars had only been half as effective as Parker we'd have finished in the bottom half.

I do wonder how people see the same matches as me and come out with the opinions they do. If any of our regulars had only been half as effective as Parker we'd have finished in the bottom half.

are you saying parker didn't do more than look the part and run around on his little legs?

can anyone explain logically why chadli and ali and mason manage to get into threatening positions and yet lamela cant do that nearly as often?

confidence - he is a kid and as many others have found, spurs is not a club for the mentally weak. We have our fair share of muppets in the crowd.

Was at the stoke game and some were making ludicrous comments before he even got on the ball.

I think Lamela can make it. Its up to poch to make it click for him.

Problem is i think we already have his replacements brought

On what basis do you feel that two players who have never played for us before deserve a start over one who has?

Because Lamela has been useless this season and I actually worry that he will not only not give anything offensively, but he will cost us points by giving away needless free kicks and giving the ball away.

I can see your point to a degree, but surely there has to reach a point where playing x player can possibly do more harm than good if he is as much of a liability as Lamela is at the moment and starting someone who Poch thinks is good enough to spend over £20m is hardly the worst decision?

Last edited:
Because Lamela has been useless this season and I actually worry that he will not only not give anything offensively, but he will cost us points by giving away needless free kicks and giving the ball away.

On that basis alone, i assume you want Vertonghen dropped for Wimmer and Walker dropped for Trippier in our next game?

Doubt he will be playing in the league. EL will be the best place for Erik to rabona his thing! Before moving in January

On that basis alone, i assume you want Vertonghen dropped for Wimmer and Walker dropped for Trippier in our next game?

I wouldn't be against Trippier replacing Walker for a few games. Vertonghen was awful at Leicester and average against Stoke. Again, I wouldn't be totally against him being dropped. On what basis does Lamela deserve to start?

I wouldn't be against Trippier replacing Walker for a few games. Vertonghen was awful at Leicester and average against Stoke. Again, I wouldn't be totally against him being dropped. On what basis does Lamela deserve to start?

I don't think Lamela should start, I just wanted to see how you thought of the other two and i wanted to see the fairness; that's VERY fair.
Although my point was about dropping them for those who haven't played in the PL before. For example would you have replaced Vertonghen with Wimmer vs Everton?

He was the human embodiment of a shire horse

A shire horse who worked well with Modric and freed him up to run the midfield. We outgrew him after his first season, but trying to argue that he was anything other than a very effective player for us in his first season is cobblers.

I don't think Lamela should start, I just wanted to see how you thought of the other two and i wanted to see the fairness; that's VERY fair.
Although my point was about dropping them for those who haven't played in the PL before. For example would you have replaced Vertonghen with Wimmer vs Everton?

I wouldn't have blamed Poch at all if he had decided Verts was due to be benched, as debuts go, Everton at home is hardly the worst, if it was Emirates Marketing Project away I would disagree entirely.

As I said above to Oddjob, my concern with Lamela is not only his lack of end product, I'm more worried about him doing something stupid that could cost us points rather than him being ineffective at the other end.

Back