• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost, in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Fackin amazing film, I'm watching that again tonight.

Another Lamela assist , sublime deft touch to Eriksen totally threw the Necastle defenders and goalie....
The young Argentine really doesn't get the recognition he deserves for his assists. :cool:

Another Lamela assist , sublime deft touch to Eriksen totally threw the Necastle defenders and goalie....
The young Argentine really doesn't get the recognition he deserves for his assists. :cool:

When will people realize, Lamela is an absolute failure (worst of the 7), this guy was bought to be our match winner

On his best day now, he is a workhorse that pops up with the occasional assist (7 in a fudging season, really?), on most days he is the player that came on vs. Stoke

If Poch really blocked the sale/loan of this guy, he has put his own job at risk, because there are no more excuses and nobody is seeing what he is.

When will people realize, Lamela is an absolute failure (worst of the 7), this guy was bought to be our match winner

On his best day now, he is a workhorse that pops up with the occasional assist (7 in a fudgeing season, really?), on most days he is the player that came on vs. Stoke

If Poch really blocked the sale/loan of this guy, he has put his own job at risk, because there are no more excuses and nobody is seeing what he is.

I know Raz. He's been really disappointing. But he's still ours, so let's just hope that if he plays he plays a blinder. Blind hope probably. Desperation, probably. We've just got to get behind him if he plays. When he does next play, I hope the crowd are nice to him. He's probably (and rightfully) feeling a little embarrassed by his father's comments.

I know Raz. He's been really disappointing. But he's still ours, so let's just hope that if he plays he plays a blinder. Blind hope probably. Desperation, probably. We've just got to get behind him if he plays. When he does next play, I hope the crowd are nice to him. He's probably (and rightfully) feeling a little embarrassed by his father's comments.

Honestly I'd take him out the PL side, give him the cups, if he can get a few goals and assists then he can force his way back into contention.

Right now, he's so badly out of form, you risk destroying him in the PL (a couple more Stoke performances will be the end of anyone being nice to him)

Honestly I'd take him out the PL side, give him the cups, if he can get a few goals and assists then he can force his way back into contention.

Right now, he's so badly out of form, you risk destroying him in the PL (a couple more Stoke performances will be the end of anyone being nice to him)

I'm inclined to agree with you on that point. His form is not great, from Copa America and our pre-season. I would trust Poch to know the right time and place to re-introduce Lamela though. I don't think he should be a starter at all. I also think with Son and N'Jie, he doesn't have to be an option off the bench either, whereas before their arrivals he almost is an automatic squad member.

Yep, for me he should be behind Njie (if we ever see him), Dembele and Son. Doesn't deserve a league start at the moment.

Maybe because they can't be any worse...

But lamella has only started one game for us this season anyhow IIRC
That would take away any impression of a meritocracy (IMO the only way to run a team).

I could understand a poster preferring them with some inside knowledge of training sessions but to make that decision from the outside has no logic.

That would take away any impression of a meritocracy (IMO the only way to run a team).

I could understand a poster preferring them with some inside knowledge of training sessions but to make that decision from the outside has no logic.

What about preferring them on the basis of their previous performances or...dare I say it statistics! Son has outscored Lamela consistently. I'm sure one could find a stat to show NJ is likewise more productive.

Last edited:
Scara is 'qualitative' analysis allowed? If so one would look at alternatives to Lamela - on merit alone.

What about preferring them on the basis of their previous performances or...dare I say it statistics! Son has outscored Lamela consistently. I'm sure one could find a stat to show NJ is likewise more productive.

Why would you not play anyone ahead of Lamela right now. :p

Scara is 'qualitative' analysis allowed? If so one would look at alternatives to Lamela - on merit alone.
Not before they've even turned up for training, no.

Poch can, and probably will, put one or more of them into the team. That's not a decision we can make at this point as we don't see the training sessions.

Because Parker played a position that didn't exist in football any more.

He could have been the best in the world at that position, he would still have been surplus to requirements

Which brings us nicely to our next (re)debate......what is Lamelas position? And does it exist in our set of up?

This could be the new Jenas. Lamela - where does he play?

I think AMC is where he should play, in close which a striker. Lamela is good at those little passes for a one-two, could do some real damage interchanging and running in behind from a central position.
If we make him our EL AMC, I think he will flourish and we'll go far.
Still not sure about him in the PL though.

I think you'll find the "on the bench looking disappointed" position is the one he excels at.
[He's rubbish, stats don't lie, I've seen it with my own eyes.]

Back