• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Just reading on some website tonight that Simeone is an avid admirer of Lamela and Atletico are about to make a 27 million euro approach for him. Spurs expected to rebuff the approach but Simeone is also expected to make another bid after that. Can't believe anyone thinks there is a chance of us letting him leave lol

Just reading on some website tonight that Simeone is an avid admirer of Lamela and Atletico are about to make a 27 million euro approach for him. Spurs expected to rebuff the approach but Simeone is also expected to make another bid after that. Can't believe anyone thinks there is a chance of us letting him leave lol
Well, I'd say there's a chance. Thus far he's done little of note at this club, or in the PL, so not like there'd be a huge void. He has much to prove, especially given what we paid. And even if he'd been great for us, everyone has a price. So if we got the right offer, he'd be off. Not saying he will, and may be unlikely, but has to be a chance. Some keep citing what he did for Roma (and what Soldo did at Valencia) but that doesn't help us now. It may have facilitated his ticket in here, but production doesn't always transfer from league to league and all that matters now is what he does in the PL. He's young, has shown some signs, and maybe he'll be suited to it, but if he isn't then he - and we - might look elsewhere. From the clubs perspective, with the coaching in place, I'd say its cards on the table and this is a pretty big season for him to show and prove his worth.

Last edited:

Well, lol at me then, cos I'd say there's a chance. He's done very little of note at this club, or in the PL, thus far. He has much to prove, especially given what we paid. And even if he'd been great for us, everyone has a price. So if we got the right offer, he'd be off. Not saying he will, but has to be a chance.

He's had 1 league start where we got hammered 6-0.The other half of the season he was out injured.Please explain what you would have liked him to have done.

He's had 1 league start where we got hammered 6-0.The other half of the season he was out injured.Please explain what you would have liked him to have done.

I have lost count of the amount of times that I have said this sentence to my United, Liverpool, Chelsea supporting mates calling him a flop. Drive's me barmy.

SC just said that he's done very little of not at this club, or in the PL thus far. Seems like a fairly accurate and factual statement to me. He's not saying he should have done something differently and he's not blaming Lamela.

You have to see the whole picture, what the club want to do. Of course Levy/Baldini wanted Lamela to be a hit already last year. But for a 21 year old spanish speaking player who hasn't played a minute in the PL, you have to be a bit more patient. It looks like he's a new player from what I've seen so far in pre season. It's early days, but to sell him now? With his potensial? It would be utter madness, he could be worth James Rodriguez money in 12 months - and it isnt like we need the money.

Last edited:

I imgine if we were prepared ot let him go we would have gone in for Griezemann or whatever his name is

let them call him what they want.
they will soon eat humble pie when lamela becomes our next bale. (ahem).

Still think he has a way to go in terms of decision making - I though there were too many unnessecary stepovers in the West Ham game at times, where the quick pass or burst of pace would have been better. But there's enough qualities in this kid for me to have faith in him.

Once he really learns how to use his skill and speed to the benefit of the team, I think he'll be lethal. We'll see examples of that later this season, I'm sure.

Still think he has a way to go in terms of decision making - I though there were too many unnessecary stepovers in the West Ham game at times, where the quick pass or burst of pace would have been better. But there's enough qualities in this kid for me to have faith in him.

Once he really learns how to use his skill and speed to the benefit of the team, I think he'll be lethal. We'll see examples of that later this season, I'm sure.

i've always said he was a confidence player....I think he'll play much better if the onus isnt on him to be the main guy and also if he plays with more people that can relate to his technial pass and positional sense level.

I dont see him as a driving force that can take us up a few levels by his will and presence alone. He needs help in order to reach the heights that he can.

one thing that is great though is that he will get all the experience he needs to adapt and apply himself

i've always said he was a confidence player....I think he'll play much better if the onus isnt on him to be the main guy and also if he plays with more people that can relate to his technial pass and positional sense level.

I dont see him as a driving force that can take us up a few levels by his will and presence alone. He needs help in order to reach the heights that he can.

one thing that is great though is that he will get all the experience he needs to adapt and apply himself

Experience is the key to everything. Whilst Eriksen is so young, the guy has a LOT of experience as he has been playing at Ajax since 17. I'm glad we will have a squad with 6/7 players who have experienced a world cup too but most importantly a year in the PL.

Experience is the key to everything. Whilst Eriksen is so young, the guy has a LOT of experience as he has been playing at Ajax since 17. I'm glad we will have a squad with 6/7 players who have experienced a world cup too but most importantly a year in the PL.

agreed

i dont think lamela has nearly enough experience , certainly the single solitary good breakout season in italy i have always said was not enough. all that does is shows talent/promise and potential

i am confident that if we manage to keep him he will flourish becasue it seems the manager will play a system that keeps him in advanced positions with us being able to win the ball back over and over , promoting a transition game...which actually suits lamela more than a possesion one

not just lamela but kaboul, dawson, rose, dembele, ade, capoue, bentaleb and soldado have all been criticized for having poor decision making skills.

decision making comes with familiarity with the situation, but the boys have gone through a lot of changes in the last 2years:
- under AVB the players didn't need to think as much as just play to plan
- under sherwood, there was no plan, the players were supposed to develop telepathic skills overnight

if AVB and sherwood are the two extremes, then Poch's more moderate approach may actually help the players make better decisions on the pitch.

just give them time to settle into the first eleven, roles, set plays and tactics, and I'm sure we will see all players benefit - including lamela.

not just lamela but kaboul, dawson, rose, dembele, ade, capoue, bentaleb and soldado have all been criticized for having poor decision making skills.

decision making comes with familiarity with the situation, but the boys have gone through a lot of changes in the last 2years:
- under AVB the players didn't need to think as much as just play to plan
- under sherwood, there was no plan, the players were supposed to develop telepathic skills overnight

if AVB and sherwood are the two extremes, then Poch's more moderate approach may actually help the players make better decisions on the pitch.

just give them time to settle into the first eleven, roles, set plays and tactics, and I'm sure we will see all players benefit - including lamela.

i think you mean "give them time to settle into the SYSTEM"....right?

cause if players like Kaboul and rose have to settle into the first eleven then i am scared

^ yes yes the system generally but that includes an understanding of who are the first choice players in each role for the strongest line up, who are the alternatives etc.

at the moment Kaboul and rose (at the back) do look like accidents waiting to happen, but i am also expecting them to perform better when the system becomes more established, and role uncertainty reduces.

If we get offered 20 Mil we should take it. He's shown nothing since he's been here. Pretty boy, good for marketing, but not strong enough and too one footed. This is not his league, he'll do well in Spain like GDS.

He's just a declining commodity at present.

New signing doesnt work out first season? Offload him before he gets the chance to adapt to the tempo and fit in.

Excellent plan...

We should ****ing stick by both Soldado and Lamela imo. Give them plenty of matches and theyll come good

If we get offered 20 Mil we should take it. He's shown nothing since he's been here. Pretty boy, good for marketing, but not strong enough and too one footed. This is not his league, he'll do well in Spain like GDS.

He's just a declining commodity at present.

](*,)

Back