• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Sandro will most probably not play, charlieyid. He's been at most a bit part player in pre season, and should have played today to gain match fitness if he would be selected on Sunday. I could be wrong, but I think Poch feels Sandro isnt fit enough to play for us at the moment. Maybe he will be in a week or three, but I would be very surprised if he's in our XI against QPR.

My team would be:
Lloris

Dier------------------------Kaboul------------------------------Verts----------------Rose
------------------------------------Bentaleb--------------------Dembele------------------
Towsend------------------------Lamela---------------------------------------------Eriksen
-------------------------------------------------------Ade-----------------------------------

With soldado scoring I would be tempted to start him to keep his confidence up. Probably a front 4 of lamella, eriksen, Lennon and soldado

Excellent from Lamela when he came on as sub. Hope he starts on Sunday, deserves it. As do Kane and Soldado. Much depends on Ade's fitness I guess.

lamela and kane are on the same wavelength, looks like they'll enjoy playing off each other.
soldado up front would make this threesome the most intelligent attck in the EPL.

lamela and kane are on the same wavelength, looks like they'll enjoy playing off each other.
soldado up front would make this threesome the most intelligent attck in the EPL.

Haha really, Is this rawk?

I really want to see this kid do well for us, but just doing it in the Europa against a poor and tiring side isn't enough. He needs to start showing something in the Premiership, affecting games from the beginning, starting with QPR.

I really want to see this kid do well for us, but just doing it in the Europa against a poor and tiring side isn't enough. He needs to start showing something in the Premiership, affecting games from the beginning, starting with QPR.

He's started four league games to date.

Who is saying that it is enough?

A fact that can't be emphasized enough. I can't believe all the naysayers after last season - he barely played!

The media narrative of him being a flop based on last season is soooo tedious. It is obviously a much juicier story than hardly being selected and then being injured. Gawd bless them all for yakking on and on. He did well today and never stopped running and closing down and trying to create.

his second assist was so good, running diagonally to then play the perfect ball was sublime. big stage next sunday

Has shown he can do it in the last two games, some wonderful assists. Albeit against QPR and AEL.

Am looking forward to seeing how he fares against Liverpool next weekend. It'll be an entirely different prospect, though there will be space to play in with how Liverpool tend to play.

Even with all his injury problems, I didn't realise that this was Lamela' first start in a league game at WHL. Thankfully it went much better than his debut at the Etihad!

@OptaJoe: 359 - Erik Lamela is making his first Premier League start at White Hart Lane, 359 days after signing for Tottenham. Patient.

Hopefully he can repeat this performance against Liverpool next Sunday [-o<

Confidence and lack of injury are amazing ... we still need to give him playing time to truly adapt to the PL

Looked the real deal today, was hoping he could cap it with a goal .. but I'll take 2 assists every game ...

His work rate today was extremely impressive, he won the ball more times than I could count. Looks very fit, and is obviously a brilliant footballer. Very excited to see what he can do against better teams.

Happy?

Confident after his assists on Thursday and blimey what a difference, picked the right passes, accurate crosses for 2 goals (when did we last score from a corner out of curiosity?) and his pressing game was top notch. Hoping this is the start of a great run of form for the lad.

Up the ante next week please Erik!

The lack of a right foot still bothers me. It's a major issue and it cost him/us a goal today, and it makes him easier to play against. Bale got a good proportion of his goals with his right.

He did well though but still has a lot to prove.

Back