• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

Brad has shown signs of that speed before, he showed it in a Europa Cup game, think it was fairly recent. One of the incidents was again a quick free kick for which he was somehow prepared.

[video=youtube;McyQS55Cj5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=McyQS55Cj5A[/video]

Should take a leaf out of his book. =D>

Something every keeper needs to know how to do.

Seriously, his distribution is pants. I hate the fact that he continues to try and hit Bale/Ade on the left when we could as simply play it short to Jan/Dawson to build from the back. I understand at times teams might push up but seeing him concede possession with those terribly aimed long balls is hurtful.

Yeah his kicking leaves a lot to be desired to be fair. The vast majority of the time it simply concedes possession.

Seriously, his distribution is pants. I hate the fact that he continues to try and hit Bale/Ade on the left when we could as simply play it short to Jan/Dawson to build from the back. I understand at times teams might push up but seeing him concede possession with those terribly aimed long balls is hurtful.

mate...the first-half those two were having,i wouldn't have passed short to them either!!!!!

Seriously, his distribution is pants. I hate the fact that he continues to try and hBale/Ade on the left when we could as simply play it short to Jan/Dawson to build from the back. I understand at times teams might push up but seeing him concede possession with those terribly aimed long balls is hurtful.

Oh fudge off!
Loris is the best keeper in the PL

I don't think we *could* build from the back, that was a major part of the problem. I think we were getting out-pressed in midfield (seriously, they were just shrugging us off the ball) so Lloris decided to bypass the midfield and pray it got to Bale somehow.

As a gk, seeing us giving up the ball in our own half too much, I would protect the team and kick long too! The amount of times Holtby lost the ball in our half first half was shocking....

As a gk, seeing us giving up the ball in our own half too much, I would protect the team and kick long too! The amount of times Holtby lost the ball in our half first half was shocking....

Yeah Holtby gives it away far too much, its like he is playing playground football with some of the passes he tries.

We're not giving our defenders any options once they receive the short pass from Lloris, bar Hudd occasionally, so kicking long is the lesser of two evils IMO.

Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has rejected talk of a possible move to Monaco, insisting he left Ligue 1 to "build something on a personal and sporting level".

The France No.1 has been linked with joining the likes of Radamel Falcao, Joao Moutinho and Jackson Martinez in the revolution at the promoted club.

But Lloris, who established himself as a regular starter at White Hart Lane following a summer arrival after ousting Brad Friedel, says he does not intend to return to France in the foreseeable future.

"What's happening in Monaco is good for Ligue 1 and for this great French club, because PSG need a challenger," Lloris told le10sport.

"But personally, I left to go abroad, to try and build something on a personal and sporting level and I don't intend to come back soon."

Lloris, though, has hinted that a large cash incentive could tempt him to return to France, but he would only be interested in furthering his career, while a switch to the Stade Louis II would be hard to accept after coming through the ranks at neighbours Nice.

"There are some things that are difficult to refuse, but only if it allows you to go one step further," he added.

"And then there is another thing - I am too much of a Nice man to go there!"

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/06/09/4037136/-?

Ended what had seemed like a positive quote by implying that he is a money man. I hope that its a misquote or misunderstanding.
did I miss something?
Looks like he said he moved for career progression and ended by saying he likes Nice, so would never go to Monaco anyway.

Seems sensible and level headed, and with a 'fan joke' at the end.
Like none of us would go to the goons unless it was a career move

So should we go back to Gomes? Cudicini? Or how about trying to figure out who's less of a risk to play out of Robinson and Cerny?

His distribution needs working on, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that he's at all hurtful to watch. We've had much, much worse than Lloris before and I feel very happy with the keeper we've got.

did I miss something?
Looks like he said he moved for career progression and ended by saying he likes Nice, so would never go to Monaco anyway.

Seems sensible and level headed, and with a 'fan joke' at the end.
Like none of us would go to the goons unless it was a career move

I'm referring to the bit in the article in which it is stated that Lloris hinted that a large cash incentive could tempt him to return to France. Suggests that he won't move at the moment, but if a club starts flashing about Mega Euros then he could be off, just like that.

As I said, I hope that the article is wrong. I was delighted when we signed him and rate him as certainly one of the top three keepers in the World, maybe higher but that might be my bias.

I'm referring to the bit in the article in which it is stated that Lloris hinted that a large cash incentive could tempt him to return to France. Suggests that he won't move at the moment, but if a club starts flashing about Mega Euros then he could be off, just like that.

As I said, I hope that the article is wrong. I was delighted when we signed him and rate him as certainly one of the top three keepers in the World, maybe higher but that might be my bias.

You mean the bit that isn't a quote?

It's written by goal.com, i'd ignore the bits that aren't in quotation marks. He says he doesn't plan on going back anytime soon and that he'd be unlikely to go to a rival of Nice anyway, so there's absolutely zero to be concerned about.

[video=youtube_share;ct9FIL9S6vg]http://youtu.be/ct9FIL9S6vg[/video]

Hope he just restricts brain farts to playing for France.

Back