• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

You mean the bit that isn't a quote?

It's written by goal.com, i'd ignore the bits that aren't in quotation marks. He says he doesn't plan on going back anytime soon and that he'd be unlikely to go to a rival of Nice anyway, so there's absolutely zero to be concerned about.

"There are some things that are difficult to refuse, but only if it allows you to go one step further," he added.

I think that's the bit people are referring to. But then again it's prefaced by a goal.com comment. So who knows what the context of his comment was. It might not have anything to do with money

"There are some things that are difficult to refuse, but only if it allows you to go one step further," he added.

I think that's the bit people are referring to. But then again it's prefaced by a goal.com comment. So who knows what the context of his comment was. It might not have anything to do with money

I took that to read as a club challenging on a different level to us - like a title/CL contender.

I took that to read as a club challenging on a different level to us - like a title/CL contender.

yeah that's pretty obvious from the tone of his previous quotes, "But personally, I left to go abroad, to try and build something on a personal and sporting level and I don't intend to come back soon"

some of you really have such a negative outlook on things - i thought that was a decent few lines from the player distancing himself with a return to Monaco which was obviously a topic brought up by the interviewer.

I think I read a little too much in to what was being said by the source material. :oops: probably too used to players being dictated by financial matters that my head was thinking 'oh, here we go again!! ' when I saw his comments and what had been said by the author of the piece.

I think I read a little too much in to what was being said by the source material. :oops: probably too used to players being dictated by financial matters that my head was thinking 'oh, here we go again!! ' when I saw his comments and what had been said by the author of the piece.

Journalists usually write what they want to (editor tells them to) and then try to fit the quotes into that.

Just how good is Lloris? And what are you expecting from him this coming season? I really think we've got a seriously talented player with Lloris and although it might of taken time he now fits in perfectly and expecting a massive season from him.

Think he will ben even better this season, was amazing last season. Reads the danger so early and really quick off his lines, great on crosses too I thought though perhaps needs a bit more communication as there was that period where we let in loads of goals from corners.

I thought he was our best signing last year.

Had a very good year, especially when you consider how other keepers (esp from abroad) have taken a while to settle.

BUT i don't think we have seen anything like his best yet. The main reason i like him is we could get 10 years out of this fella. He would then be up there with Big Pat

I thought he was our best signing last year.

Had a very good year, especially when you consider how other keepers (esp from abroad) have taken a while to settle.

BUT i don't think we have seen anything like his best yet. The main reason i like him is we could get 10 years out of this fella. He would then be up there with Big Pat

Big Pat is the best keeper i have seen ( and i have seen Banks, Shilton, Scheimel, Yashin etc), if Lloris can get anyhere near as good he will be immense.

He is the best keeper in the Premiership and, I think, amongst the top 2 or 3 in the World.

I was delighted when we signed him, knew how good he was and was surprised by how long it took AVB to select him as his number 1 keeper.

Just how good is Lloris? And what are you expecting from him this coming season? I really think we've got a seriously talented player with Lloris and although it might of taken time he now fits in perfectly and expecting a massive season from him.

He's the best keeper in the league. The way he deals with crosses and his quickness when dealing with anything on the edge of the box is phenomal!

Our big worry eventually is going to be keeping him unless we become a CL side consistently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24577694

haven't seen this posted anywhere else (I have looked), does tell us some stuff we already know, but still interesting:

Just watched it and I agree.

He summed it up perfectly with the 19/20 point because as much as pundits go on about how 'one day he will get that wrong and will look silly' the pro has absolutely out weighed the con, and has done so superbly.

Still to fulfill his potential but he doesn't have that long to go to do so IMHO.

Back