• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

My point is that it wasn't even Deschamps meddling. It was a press-conference. He's been asked a direct question about AVB's comments about him having to fight for his place with Brad and not being guaranteed no. 1 status. Basically the French press are up in arms as Lloris ahs left Lyon, a CL club competing for the French title most seasons for Spurs, with no CL and now he might not be playing - they are clearly concerned it was a bad move for him - so they've asked Deschamps what he thought about AVB 's comments and you can tell from his response he doesn't really want to get involved - he's basically said, yeah Lloris isn't happy about the comments, he's concerned that he'll end up on the bench. He's probably confided in Deschamps that he's worried about the move and how it will pan out, especially if he doesn't end up playing.

Deschamps actually said though he didn't want to make a problem when he doesn't even know if there is one or not (i.e. we'll just have to wait and see and deal with it (him not playing) if it becomes an issue). He also even said if he comments too much it'll create problems in England - so he was trying to deflect the comment whilst being truthful and confirming Lloris was probably worried by the comments - who wouldn't be? If you're Lloris you probably gave a lot of thought to leaving Lyon for Spurs and then when you do your new manager says you might not automatically play - you would be concerned!

I don't think AVB has done anything wrong either - Freidel has been sensational at the start of the season and he was again asked a direct query from the media about whether Lloris coming in will mean Freidel loses his place automatically even though he's playing well - what the hell is he supposed to say? He's said that people will have to fight for their places and that at the moment (key phrase) its Brad's shirt to lose.

Basically this is all a giant media set-up to serve their own purposes. Like they always do.

The whole hacking scandal should have opened people's eyes to the morality and corrupt nature of the media - the most corrupt industry on this planet - even above banking and politics. They've got away with it for so long because who's going to blow the whistle on the media? The media? Oh yeah.... right.

At the end of the day this is Deschamps looking out for Deschamps.

He's the France manager, he wants the number one french goalkeeper to play regularly so he puts pressure on AVB to make it happen.

dont be embarrased, because i think you'll find that this is what managers are encouraged to do from the suits. its a necessary evil in many levels of football right down to the grass roots..or near enough.

this is what i was trying to get at...alot of times the athlete posses most of the control especially if they are talented. its easy to say that "if you impress in training then you get the shirt"..but it doesnt always work like that

I guess you've shown up the hypocrisy of my initial statement in that to 'fight for your place' you would have to train hard and then transfer that onto the pitch in competitive games but the bottom line of what I was trying to say was that either way (either he trains better and proves his worth to AVB OR is just naturally too good not to play) I think he will end up ahead of Brad so all this talk of being unhappy is nonsense.

This is separate from feeling that this is harsh on Brad because I do think that this would be harsh on Brad (are there any teams in the PL who have two top class keepers?)

It was interesting what I heard someone on talksport talking about earlier in relation to Reina at Liverpool, who they felt had let his standards slip because there was no-one who was properly challenging him for the no.1 spot.

So in a way, this whole thing may benefit the team as a whole anyway.

We've never had a top goalkeeper in my lifetime (I missed Clemence, so Thorstvedt is the best I've seen).

I really hope Lloris is the one we've been waiting for.

My point is that it wasn't even Deschamps meddling. It was a press-conference. He's been asked a direct question about AVB's comments about him having to fight for his place with Brad and not being guaranteed no. 1 status. Basically the French press are up in arms as Lloris ahs left Lyon, a CL club competing for the French title most seasons for Spurs, with no CL and now he might not be playing - they are clearly concerned it was a bad move for him - so they've asked Deschamps what he thought about AVB 's comments and you can tell from his response he doesn't really want to get involved - he's basically said, yeah Lloris isn't happy about the comments, he's concerned that he'll end up on the bench. He's probably confided in Deschamps that he's worried about the move and how it will pan out, especially if he doesn't end up playing.

Deschamps actually said though he didn't want to make a problem when he doesn't even know if there is one or not (i.e. we'll just have to wait and see and deal with it (him not playing) if it becomes an issue). He also even said if he comments too much it'll create problems in England - so he was trying to deflect the comment whilst being truthful and confirming Lloris was probably worried by the comments - who wouldn't be? If you're Lloris you probably gave a lot of thought to leaving Lyon for Spurs and then when you do your new manager says you might not automatically play - you would be concerned!

I don't think AVB has done anything wrong either - Freidel has been sensational at the start of the season and he was again asked a direct query from the media about whether Lloris coming in will mean Freidel loses his place automatically even though he's playing well - what the hell is he supposed to say? He's said that people will have to fight for their places and that at the moment (key phrase) its Brad's shirt to lose.

Basically this is all a giant media set-up to serve their own purposes. Like they always do.

The whole hacking scandal should have opened people's eyes to the morality and corrupt nature of the media - the most corrupt industry on this planet - even above banking and politics. They've got away with it for so long because who's going to blow the whistle on the media? The media? Oh yeah.... right.

This is way too sensible a post for in here. I'm sorry you are going to have to leave ;)

BTW this is my take on it too. Transfer window over + need to file copy = stir up brick based on nothing much.

Lloris will be number one pretty soon and will stay there unless he turns into a muppet.

I dont think people understand how good LLoris is on here. Sometimes he even saves shots that are off target.:lol:

Yes Friedel has done well but LLoris is amazing. Nearly 50 CL games aswell.

[video=youtube;TgVxLsSDESM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgVxLsSDESM[/video]

I dont think people understand how good LLoris is on here. Sometimes he even saves shots that are off target.:lol:

Yup, the guy is class. Sorry Brad, you are a great guy and a really good keeper, but Lloris is truly amazing. We will be stupid if we don't play him to be honest. Brad is a professional and as long as AVB explains it properly to him, we should be fine.

im glad you,re honest about that, i havent had a clue what was going to happen since we were rumoured to be after avb. felt very 'not with it' seeing everyone jibber jabber on about his tactics.

it really is confusing what he wants to do. right now i havent seen anything that i didnt see rdknapp employ successfully (aside from the way siggy is used compared to vdv. but that could be harry playing to vdv's strengths)

transition season personified. honestly dont think the chairman were sold the dream by avb with he idea that europe overall CL or uefa would be in jeapordy

Yeah...I felt like if I read up about him I would be able to have a clue, but to be honest it's all just been really crazy and I can't really understand it. I'm just going to sit back, accept this season is transition and literally expect nothing from it whatsoever. If we get top ten I'll be happy. And I'm not going to try and figure out what is going on or explain it to myself, because I just can't.

I agree on Levy, don't think he would have expected such a transition, he must have thought we would still be able to compete while new ideas are implemented. But then I fear we are just going to make the same mistake as Chelsea, we try and introduce a radically new way of playing while still expecting to compete on our normal level, and it just isn't going to happen. If AVB really has to be challenging for the top 4, I don't think we will be and he will probably end up being sacked. I really rate the guy but maybe trying to introduce such a radically different style in England just isn't going to work unless he's given an entire year to see the transition through. If he got the Swansea job it may come a lot quicker because they've had multiple years of building it up. We've just come off multiple years of individual tactical freedom under Harry.

I wouldn't normally be this negative but I really fear that the exact same thing that happened at Chelsea will happen with us, and I didn't think it would when I wanted AVB to get the job. I thought our players were more suited to his style, but it seems like they aren't grasping it quickly. The images DMac posted in another thread where our players are missing the blatantly obvious pass to Sig really concern me. The players in question were Sig, Walker and Bale. They have all been with us for the entire pre-season. Surely they must have been told that if Sig drops off into that space they should hit him and run the move from there? Instead they dallied and wasted all those opportunities. Why aren't they getting it? The Walker one especially really frustrated me at the time, everyone around me as well couldn't understand why he wasn't using Sig. It's like they are all too confused. It's strange. I can't see one international break suddenly snapping our players into it either, not if a whole pre-season couldn't do it.

I can't even see elements of the style that I've read about with AVB. I can't see the relentless pressing, I can't see the high line. (Except for Saudi Sportswashing Machine). I can't see the rehearsed combinations (surely they wouldn't be confused if they knew what they should be doing?) and I can't see the fluid movement, I just see it all being too rigid. I'm concerned. But AVB accepted the job, he willingly sold Levy a dream and has willingly himself talked about titles and top 4, so he's made a rod for his own back. If he didn't think the players would be able to get it quickly then why is he talking us up too much? Is he unable to get his ideas across?

Bit off topic...but I am worried. I know this Lloris thing is just a negative sensationalism that NWD explained really well but there's a lot of negative stuff coming out lately and that Norwich game was really concerning.

Added to that, another thing I haven't seen is the patient passing and the teasing out of the opposition if they have come to frustrate us by playing in the gaps that they leave lower down the pitch. Against Norwich we were trying to force passes through that were never on...how long is it going to take for them to not do this??

I am with you, worried. The early signs are not good. Players dont seem happy and dont seem to be giving everything.

We dont look fit either, players like Bale, sandro and walker seem well below par. They usually run around everywhere but they seem tired and not

Its early days and i really hope he turns it around but the alarm bells are already ringing.

If you look at the Lloris situation, if he has told him that he'll have to fight for his place and will be n°2 then its fine. But thats not the case. LLoris came here to be n°1 and he probably already feels trapped. When asked about the situation, AVB seemed lost, he wanted to please the fans, but he really wasnt sure.

Dont tell me we'll have someone on 80k sitting on the bench all season. That wasnt the plan, Avb is not in charge of that situation.

I feel really bad for Friedel. He hasn't missed a PL game in years, and Lloris could just screw that record up.

He's clearly great at the shot stopping, and can reach all corners of the goal, but the saves that I think are most encouraging are the ones at 1:46, 2:04, the punch at 2:15, and the saves at 2:37 and 2:57. That makes him stand out for me. I can't see Brad making those saves.

again its not really a long thing about reading into the comments.

the fact is the mentality of it all. lloris should know that his place isnt guaranteed if it isnt in the contract. the main thing is that the comment from AVB is enough to unsettle the player when in fact it shouldnt ..it should be expected. all this media stuff is right but llloris either did or didnt say these things and if he did thats a different matter entirely as it does raise a question over the players character that he expects little to no obstacle to his number 1 shirt. what deschamps wanted or didnt want to get involved in isnt really the issue..if that is what you were focussing on then we were talking at cross purposes

He's clearly great at the shot stopping, and can reach all corners of the goal, but the saves that I think are most encouraging are the ones at 1:46, 2:04, the punch at 2:15, and the saves at 2:37 and 2:57. That makes him stand out for me. I can't see Brad making those saves.

He is just a class above. He is one of the best in the world. If not the..

He is fine in the air aswell, better than Friedel thats for sure.

Time and time again, he has saved France.

I feel really bad for Friedel. He hasn't missed a PL game in years, and Lloris could just screw that record up.

Friedel's run will end. Just a matter of time. He could get injured tomorrow, or sent off in the first minute against Reading. I love Brad, a great guy, ambassador for Football and I would LOVE to see him running FIFA or UEFA. He's intelligent, has some great ideas about the game and I think all young players should look to him. Would love it if he took over from Tony Parks one day too.

But AVB has to assess them both in training, and also in a few games and then put his faith in one for the rest of the season. I really liked the way Redknapp came out early doors last season and said that Brad was his No.1 for the League and that the other two would fight it out for cup matches. AVB needs to do something similar AFTER a proper evaluation of both. I'd expect Lloris would come out on top though.

again its not really a long thing about reading into the comments.

the fact is the mentality of it all. lloris should know that his place isnt guaranteed if it isnt in the contract. the main thing is that the comment from AVB is enough to unsettle the player when in fact it shouldnt ..it should be expected. all this media stuff is right but llloris either did or didnt say these things and if he did thats a different matter entirely as it does raise a question over the players character that he expects little to no obstacle to his number 1 shirt. what deschamps wanted or didnt want to get involved in isnt really the issue..if that is what you were focussing on then we were talking at cross purposes

On Friday LLoris accepts to sign a 4 year deal, and they tell him he'll be n°1, then on Saturday AVB tells the media hes n°2. Its just not right and thats why LLoris probably already thinks there is something wrong here.

Apart from that, LLoris would have no worries about Friedel, as he is just a class above.

AVB didn't say he'd be no.2 - simply indicated he'd have to earn that spot (from what I understood) - which is by all means a reasonable comment

Back