• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Huddlestone

I think i'd prefer him in a 4-3-3 if i had to pick, the other two midfielders would make up for his lack of mobility, whilst in a two man midfielder we'd be more likely to be overrun.

Not picking on your post particularly, but we talk about Hudd's lack of mobility but interestingly enough the ball moves faster and further when it is at his feet than our other more "mobile" players. I also think last season he looked particularly off the pace at times because he was coming back from injury. needs a sustained period in the team imo. Heh ho what do I know AVB will make the decision and I'll go with that.

Every time this thread is bumped i get excited that he's finally been sold so the last few pages has been hugely disappointing.

Not picking on your post particularly, but we talk about Hudd's lack of mobility but interestingly enough the ball moves faster and further when it is at his feet than our other more "mobile" players. I also think last season he looked particularly off the pace at times because he was coming back from injury. needs a sustained period in the team imo. Heh ho what do I know AVB will make the decision and I'll go with that.

Moving the ball with his feet doesn't help him when he's trying to track runners. That's why we talk about his lack of mobility.

May not be good enough for a top pl side but would improve most teams outside top 5. Problem is his injuries have curtailed a very promising career.

Really not sure any team will give anything for him at all. the only real interst has come form Stoke who wanted a loan deal I think.

They have had their fingers burnt with Palacios , [ another player only rated by Spurs fans ]

I would be happy to just get him off the books , off the payroll. We will be lucky to get someone to buy him . The sum of his parts adds up to an inferior PL player or worse.

if it was a choice of either parker or hudd to go then what would be people's preference????? I would rather keep Hudd as he brings the killer pass to the table...........

cant see him being happy as a squad player now though...what is he 26?? a great player to bring on imo to unlock the door....case in point vs city at home last year.

Moving the ball with his feet doesn't help him when he's trying to track runners. That's why we talk about his lack of mobility.

Yeah this is the main complaint about Hudd, his ability to track players and stay with runs from midfield. But i think we can remedy that by having 3 in the midfield.

Honestly, i am trying to imagine having an 18 month layoff from my job. Would i come back better? Would there be times where i struggle to adapt to the obvious changes? Would i struggle to recreate my previous performances? Obvious answer is yes, especially in a job like football where injuries can affect not only physical performance but mental as well. Can Hudd be the player that he was previous to the injury? I hope so, i really do because when in full flow he can be a effective and beautiful player to watch. Not to mention he WANTS to play for us and wants to help us win. Now don't we want players like that or is our loyalty as fans only reserved to those that seem to be in the highlights every weekend?

He'll never have the mobility of Dembele or sandro but he was able to compensate for the lack of it when he playing in the champions league qualification season. He needs to have a full pre season and a decent injury free run in the side. Rather sell Parker who is older and looked shot last season and Livermore who is not good enough imo. He has weaknesses but playing well he is game changing.

Fulham might want him, one of the promoted teams maybe, hmmmm Stoke might come back in.

Maybe a promoted team, maybe Jol. Bottom 5 or Championship. They will try and get better, but might be desperate at the end of the window.

Harry on loan is our best chance, but he might not want it. He really isn't worth anything , I just hope Levy knows that and lets him go for nothing.

Honestly, i am trying to imagine having an 18 month layoff from my job. Would i come back better? Would there be times where i struggle to adapt to the obvious changes? Would i struggle to recreate my previous performances? Obvious answer is yes, especially in a job like football where injuries can affect not only physical performance but mental as well. Can Hudd be the player that he was previous to the injury? I hope so, i really do because when in full flow he can be a effective and beautiful player to watch. Not to mention he WANTS to play for us and wants to help us win. Now don't we want players like that or is our loyalty as fans only reserved to those that seem to be in the highlights every weekend?

=D>

With his injury history I think he is damaged goods, or at least viewed as that and is probably too much of a risk for everyone except for the bottom feeders. I think Thudd will still be here come the start of the season, and actually I don't mind that. He won't be a starter. He certainly is not plan A but he does have a specific talent that is lacking in our squad. I see Huddlestone very much as a tool for a job and I've seen enough of him over the seasons to know what he is capable of in the right circumstances. Of the fringe midfielders he is the one I would keep from the bunch.

IMO Parker should be moved on. His skill set has been superseded by recent acquisitions and whatever he contributed before he has stopped doing it. His time has come. Livermore needs some playing time to see if he will develop into something more, so maybe a loan move would tell us that.

Simplistically for me it boils down to this: you can bring on Livermore, Hudd or Parker when you are winning and want to hang on. But imo, Hudd is the only one of the 3 to bring on if you want to go for a win. Therefore he brings more to the team than the other 2 and should be kept.

Last edited:
Back